The worst question you've been asked by a tablemate...

tarbashchaputi

Tom'nCherly. I know I spelled that wrong, no I have not been in the Jack want, I just did not have the same experiences you did. I have met the greatest people on the cruises I have been on. Never met th e people you did and am glad I didn,t. My only complaint is that I can,t do this every day.

Tom'nCherly. I know I spelled that wrong, no I have not been in the Jack want, I just did not have the same experiences you did. I have met the greatest people on the cruises I have been on. Never met th e people you did and am glad I didn,t. My only complaint is that I can,t do this every day.

LOL - you will luck out eventually! Hang in there!

Tom

Tell him that no one wants to share their financial info with you and he shouldn't share financials with them. Doing so will make more enemies than friends. Be humble and thankful that you can enjoy these things (trust me, I had a poor up-bringing and enjoy living life now as best I can as a result of working hard!)

My Lord, all this time I must have been on the wrong cruise at the wrong time, because after 12 cruises on rccl and carnival and many other cruise lines, at all the tables I have been assigned too I have never had bad table mates, maybe they were not from the same social stratosphere that I was but that didn't bother me, they were the most funloving people I had ever been around . Get a Life people , you are on vacation, have a good time , don't worry about the small stuff. Life is to short. Your's isn't the only world that exists. How in the Hell can anyone on a cruise complain about anything. If you can maybe you should be in Hollywood with the rest of the Flakes. Have a good Day. Goodbye from an old Soldier. Please don't flame me for all my mistakes, because I have been embiding in the holiday cheer tonite. Sayonara. Gator Man

Hey! First of all, which table will you be at next cruise, because I want to be at yours!!!!! Second, just a side note, the holidays were over about 3 weeks ago, not that it's stopping me either, I'm just not sure you can call it HOLIDAY cheer at this point. Just cheer.

We have been seated, once with a couple that weren't our "speed,cup of tea, whatevery you call it" but we had decent conversations for the hour and half and then did our own thing. The other cruises, we have met some people that turned out to be our best buddies (going on our next cruise with them) and on other crusies, just nice poeple but still nice. Maybe it's us that are annoying. Who cares.

I don't think this thread is at all about whether people are your cup of tea or not, but the original poster just wanted to know the worst question someone's asked you while on a cruise. The original topic has nothing to do with people complaining, or people being nice or not nice. Relax.

When I told my tablemates that I was from Miami, this mother and daughter told us that all they've ever heard about Miami is the crime and the cubans arriving on rafts. When we arrived at the cabin we couldn't stop cracking up that they would actually tell you that straight out.

Well, our first cruise we had fabulous tablemates, no one asked to be moved all week, so I guess we all passed muster. Second cruise was with DD and her BF, hope THEY didn't want to switch tables. The last one was on Princess and we had a different table every night, won't ever do that again. On our upcoming cruise, we are sitting with other couples from our group, so it should be a blast!!!

Judy

Hey! First of all, which table will you be at next cruise, because I want to be at yours!!!!! Second, just a side note, the holidays were over about 3 weeks ago, not that it's stopping me either, I'm just not sure you can call it HOLIDAY cheer at this point. Just cheer.

I'm off from work tomorrow for a holiday. So isn't this a holiday weekend?

And don't be a snob and tell people that money is no object, and that you're a professional and some things are beneath you.:rolleyes:

:eek: ERRRRRR AWWWWWE!!!!!!!!!

Me thinks this sounds familiar from another thread that really set me off!!!!!! YIKES. That is about the worst thing you can say to people. I lost it when I started thinking about what that women was saying. Give me a break - for reference, the thread is something along the lines of: will I enjoy my carnival cruise.....

BJG

No strange questions, but many interesting people. On our 16 day Panama Canal cruise, we were seated with a couple who obviously thought they were above (this was on Celebrity) the quality in the restaurant. They criticized everything when GT and I thought it was great. Made a great show of asking for tea after dinner and picking it out of the box. This tea is good for this and this one is good for that... He wouldn't even wear a suit on formal nights and his wife dressed down. He said he dressed up for work every day and refused to dress up on his vacation. We were decked out!

However, on our Hawaii cruise on the Spirit, we met some wonderful friends from Denver and still keep in touch.

I really enjoy meeting new people and like the arranged seating.

On our last cruise DH and I were seated with his sister and her husband, and a family of four (two kids about 17 and 15). By the 2nd or 3rd night, the parents were bragging about all of the new "notches on the belt" that their 17 year old was getting on this cruise, and how they loaned him their Sign & Sail card so that he could buy liquor. DH's sister & husband (married just 6 months before cruise) thought that these were the coolest parents ever, and just the kind of parents that they wanted to be!

Thank goodness it's been five years and they haven't procreated yet! :eek:

Going on first cruise this summer, but I have been on many land packages and I can honestly say that even the "unique" and eccentric people I have met and talked to have added to my "memories" and enjoyment of the trip. I plan to go with the attitude that the cruise will be an adventure. Since there are 9 people in our group, I am not sure how many others we will be seated with but I will go with the flow!:)

On our recent cruise, my fiance and I went down to breakfast. We were making small talk with the people sitting next to us (we are in our early twenties, they looked to be in their seventies). They asked how our "honeymoon" was going, and when we told them we weren't married yet, they proceeded to discuss with the rest of the people at the table how times have changed and how they thought it was awful that unmarried "kids" were allowed to cruise alone! They then asked whey our parents weren't with us!

The funny part of it all is that the couple was actually divorced and I had to hear the woman complain to me about how her ex's new wife was angry that he was vacationing with her while leaving the wife alone in New York! And they're judging us?!? Anyways, we had a great time and can't wait to go on our "real" honeymoon cruise in October!

Our Imagination cruise, we had a table for 6. One couple only showed up the first night and the other couple was constantly telling us about their stuff, in fact she was complaining about the lack of 5 carat diamonds in Cozumel. We took it all with a grain of salt, because otherwise they were quite pleasant, and we still joke about the lack of 5 carat diamonds everywher we go. We found out later that the other couple, the wife was seasick the whole cruise a didn't really eat much of anything. I don't know what to do about the braggers, but I guess if say you have a four car garage and the Ferrari is out in the rain, that might shut them up.

No strange questions but one strange lady on our RC cruise. We had requested to be at a large table with a family of 3 (one teenage boy) that we met on these boards (just 2 of us) so we ended up at a table for 10. The rest of the table was occupied by a husband and wife and their 3 teenage kids. Well the wife thought this was her private dinner party and would get there early with her family and spread all of them out so we couldn't sit close to our new friends LOL! Different seating arrangement each night! After 3 nights of this we jad to start going in early to get seats together.

Well the wife thought this was her private dinner party and would get there early with her family and spread all of them out so we couldn't sit close to our new friends LOL! Different seating arrangement each night! After 3 nights of this we jad to start going in early to get seats together.

Maybe she was trying to get her own vacation away from her family even if it was just not having to sit close to them at dinner.;)

On our last cruise DH and I were seated with his sister and her husband, and a family of four (two kids about 17 and 15). By the 2nd or 3rd night, the parents were bragging about all of the new "notches on the belt" that their 17 year old was getting on this cruise, and how they loaned him their Sign & Sail card so that he could buy liquor. DH's sister & husband (married just 6 months before cruise) thought that these were the coolest parents ever, and just the kind of parents that they wanted to be!

Thank goodness it's been five years and they haven't procreated yet! :eek:

LOVE IT!

You don't have to say a word to him. Just reserve a two-top as soon as you board! ;)

This brings up a scary thought! :eek: My DH tends to be a bragger! I blame this on the fact that he grew up dirt poor and now that he is successful and has "things" he feels the need to let everyone know. His latest brag is letting everyone know how much we paid for our German Shepherd. I get so embarressed! Any suggestions on what to say to him before we sail to keep him from doing this?:rolleyes:

We've been lucky. The tablemates for all three Carnival cruises have been terrific.

The note about the FBI agent thing - my guess is they were pretending. A very good friend of ours is an FBI agent. He is one of the most friendliest people I know. Some people may wish to pretend while they are around people they don't know.

Archived