My Booze story

SWACK

Too funny - they really don't care that much.

Congrats! But like alot of successful "lawbreakers":) you made a fatal mistake by posting your picture on the site. RCCL may have a face recognition system in place next time and...you know....the naughty room for you.:eek:

We don't 'need it so badly' that we smuggle it on' - we just choose to not spend so much on overpriced booze served by the line.

It has zilch to do with safety - it's all about the money.

SWACK, you should buy some SWACK for future cruises - they shouldn't be able to stop you for carrying something with your own name on it!

Seriously, there are threads on here almost every day about RCCL's Booze Policy. I don't personally think anyone should need it that badly that they have to smuggle it onboard, and I also don't blame RCCL for their policy. Its the underage drinkers and the adults who get so plastered and fall overboard or something that have led RCCL to their policy in fear of lawsuits and bad publicity.

If anyone is going to drink, they should do so responsibly, Excessive drinking can have excessive consequences (although I don't think its as dire as a Firehouse sign I saw last month: "Drink, Drive, Die").

You could say the same about those that don't buy art, don't gamble, don't shop, don't play bingo, don't buy shore excursions etc..... So unless you spend money everywhere possible on a cruise - then by your own words you are raising the prices for everyone else. Get to spending!

Great off you go then, it is people that avoid spending money whilst on a ship, that means cruise prices are raised for others. Good Bye

Great off you go then, it is people that avoid spending money whilst on a ship, that means cruise prices are raised for others. Good Bye

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it the large numbers of European cruisers why RCCL is revamping its' tipping policies?:confused:;)

You could say the same about those that don't buy art, don't gamble, don't shop, don't play bingo, don't buy shore excursions etc..... So unless you spend money everywhere possible on a cruise - then by your own words you are raising the prices for everyone else. Get to spending!

Wait a minute, are you saying that I need to stop smuggling art on board? The paintings in the cabin aren't quite my style so I bring my own to jazz up the cabin.

Also, if you've ever been on a cruise with me you've seen the $9.00 table that I set up to sell my smuggled on board trinkets.

Can you expand on this Joe ? ta

Because on my last Med. cruise our waiter explained that a number of European establishments include the "tip" in the bill of food or drink or service. The peoples of Europe that he (waiter) has served are not accustom to adding a money tip to the total of the bill like the western hemisphere. So the waitstaff see a drop off in income when they sail in Europe. It is not good or bad but societal custom that divides the cruise population. So RCCL is looking at putting the "tip" automatically on your shipboard account like some other lines have already. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN. :)

Because on my last Med. cruise our waiter explained that a number of European establishments include the "tip" in the bill of food or drink or service. The peoples of Europe that he (waiter) has served are not accustom to adding a money tip to the total of the bill like the western hemisphere. So the waitstaff see a drop off in income when they sail in Europe. It is not good or bad but societal custom that divides the cruise population. So RCCL is looking at putting the "tip" automatically on your shipboard account like some other lines have already. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN. :)

Thanks Joe , this whole tip situation just seems to create confusion , must be a better system than the current

And if she needs saving , im sure the Queen is a worthwhile cause

Thanks Joe , this whole tip situation just seems to create confusion , must be a better system than the current

And if she needs saving , im sure the Queen is a worthwhile cause

Agreed. I like the European style much better because it seems to produce a much more stable and professional waiter and resturaunt personel. Unlike in the U.S. the servers are not a profession just a "job" to make a quick buck while trying to gain employment in another field of endeavor.

One question that always baffles the North Americans....er.... under those kilts....boxers or briefs?....:D:D:D

Just went to Europe for the 3rd time this summer.. not always clear. Sometimes you saw service on the bill, sometimes couldn't read it, and sometimes saw the dissapointment on the servers face when they realized the American had seen service on the bill..

Agreed. I like the European style much better because it seems to produce a much more stable and professional waiter and resturaunt personel. Unlike in the U.S. the servers are not a profession just a "job" to make a quick buck while trying to gain employment in another field of endeavor.

One question that always baffles the North Americans....er.... under those kilts....boxers or briefs?....:D:D:D

Joe , im sure you know the answer to that -a true Scotsman wears neither of the two

Just went to Europe for the 3rd time this summer.. not always clear. Sometimes you saw service on the bill, sometimes couldn't read it, and sometimes saw the dissapointment on the servers face when they realized the American had seen service on the bill..

You're very right... It's not always clear on the bill. However it's not uncommon to leave coin change in a restaurant even if service is included. It's really interesting. At some pubs throughout the UK, the bartender takes it as an insult to get tipped. He'd rather you buy him a pint. Taxi drivers in Paris are often shocked if you give them a Euro or two extra.

Maybe what RCI should do is for European customers, heck for all customers, put the price of service into the cruise price.

That sure would kill a lot of threads here. LOL

Maybe what RCI should do is for European customers, heck for all customers, put the price of service into the cruise price.

They do that, they might have to pay a commission on it to the TA's and it would make their "headline" price significantly larger than those that don't have the tip/service charge in their price. Not going to happen unless they have a "meetin" in the back room with all the other lines and agree to it which I think violates the anti-trust laws.

Tucker in Texas

:D

So as a new member, with your first cruise scheduled for next week.. you would know Carnival from RCL how?

Would it surprise you that I was on one cruise ship in which one of the activities was a game show in which 2 men in their underwear and one woman imitated sex acts on the stage? Or that there were 20 such thressomes on the stage? That they all had to be constantly reminded not to bring their drinks on the stage? Or that this game show, "The Quest" was on RCL Majesty?

Look forward to your enlighted views after you cross the gangplank for the first time.. :cool:

So do they offer that same entertainment on the Serenade of the Seas?? :eek::D:):D

Sounds like a type of show where me and the wife would need all our snuck on booze to play ...

It's really interesting. At some pubs throughout the UK, the bartender takes it as an insult to get tipped

We were in one of the 'shires in England, and arrived at our B&B around 8pm. We asked about a pub, and the kitchen at the only one around was closed, but the proprietor opened it up for a few well-needed sandwiches. I tried to tip him as I paid, only to have him get fairly upset, saying.. oh no..no not for me.. as he backed away. He finally succumbed and said, 'OK, for the girl in the kitchen, but only half that amount! I really felt like I had insulted him.

Archived