My Booze story

SWACK

love the bashing of carnival....but i guess when you pay more for the same thing you have to justify it somehow. As someone who has cruised RCCL, Disney, and Carnival....they all have their strengths and weaknesses. We have no brand loyalty. Those who stick to a brand because someone tells them one is better needs to live a bit. There are so many wonderful experiences and to deny yourself is silly. We had a wonderful family vacation on the Carnival Valor.....the service that we had either was just as good or far exceeded RCCL. When we gave our cabin steward a little extra tip at the end of the trip, she refused until we insisted. Said the regular tip was more than enough. That never happened on RCCL or Disney. Maybe the staff on the Valor is just exceptional, but Carnival is part of a cruising family that owns some pretty prestigious lines. They are the largest cruise ship family in the world. They must be doing something right.

I think that if someone doesn't want to sail on a certain cruise line because of what someone says (no matter if they have been on 1 or 100 cruises) then it shouldn't cause a stir. This is crazy!!!

How many of us take someone's recommondations on other things (a restaurant, a hotel, etc)? I know I do and there are certain lines that I just don't want to sail based on what other's have said and reviews that I have read....what would alot of us do w/out these reviews? And especially for novice cruises, they come in very helpful in deciding which cruise line would be best for them. To each thier own.......

How many of us take someone's recommondations on other things (a restaurant, a hotel, etc)? I know I do and there are certain lines that I just don't want to sail based on what other's have said and reviews that I have read....what would alot of us do w/out these reviews? And especially for novice cruises, they come in very helpful in deciding which cruise line would be best for them. To each thier own.......

Reviews and taking other peoples' opinions into consideration are one thing, but specifically bashing a particular cruise line without having ever been on ANY cruise line (as seems to be the situation with KillSwitch) is ridiculous.

I think that if someone doesn't want to sail on a certain cruise line because of what someone says (no matter if they have been on 1 or 100 cruises) then it shouldn't cause a stir. This is crazy!!!

It's one thing to take a person's recommendation. However, this is bashing of a line he has never sailed. :confused:

O.K. we can't take alcohol on the ship because we'll get drunk and fall overboard.

We can't take irons on the ship because we might burn it down if the auto-turnoff doesn't work.

Can someone tell me why we can't take scissors on the ship?

Tucker in Texas

Well, what if someone has jeans for their MDR dinner but decides that it's a bit warm that night...they may want to cut them and show up in shorts! :eek:

Great off you go then, it is people that avoid spending money whilst on a ship, that means cruise prices are raised for others. Good Bye

Seems harsh , their are lots of people like drinks maybe they cant find on the cruise , certain brands etc

Because they bring a couple of bottles on , i don't think that means they dont then go on to spend money on the ship -as these threads show , it tends to be a quick drink of an evening whilst getting ready for dinner

I'm sure the majority still drink at dinner and the entertainment thereafter

How does that square with people who don't touch alcohol , as many threads have shown on here -should they pay more from outset ?

I have one for you:

On my Jan 2 cruise I had 2 plastic rum bottles in my luggage of the flask type. I was missing "that" piece of luggage, and later got a message on my room phone that my luggage had been confiscated. I took the piece of luggage and they asked my where the alcohol was. I told them I didn't know what they were talking about since I hadn't packed it the wife did:eek:;):D. The guy said yeah right and if your wife was here she would say the same about you:p

He searched the luggage and only found 1 and asked if there were any more. I repeated my story and he let me go with my bag. So...they only got one!! By the end of the cruise we had only used the entire 1 bottle anyway. They returned the confiscated bottle the last night.

I'm sure it's already been posted but did you see where the grandma was sent to the naughty room for 2 liquor mini's from off the plane ride. It was about two weeks ago.

FREE GRANDMA! FREE GRANDMA! ... NO MINIs...NO PEACE! ...FREE GRANDMA!.....................:eek:

Archived