My Booze story

SWACK

I know, I know, like flat irons, etc. Doesn't make sense, but I tried to interject some humor. Seriously though, it appears most cruise lines do ban irons. Go figure?

Sorry, I have read again, LOL.:o

Yes I have yet to hear a logical answer to the problem with taking irons, even the staff just say safety but have no answer to why all hot items are not banned then. The only logical answer I can see, is that they make the money off us for laundry services but wont if they take hair straightners for example. And I have no problem with them trying to make money, its a business, but hate being fobbed off with answers that dont make sense. Hey ho, I can live with it, lots worse that happens.;)

Had read here quite a bit about RCL being hyper about bringing Booze aboard. I have always brought a 12 pack and a bottle of wine for the room, primarily so I can grab something without wandering upstairs.

So went with my adult kids, and we decided to test the system. i suitcase had the 12 pack, another a Rum Runner with rum, another with a bottle of wine and a large corkscrew and yet another with a a pint of whiskey in it's original plastic bottle.

The verdict??

They all made it...

Thumbs up my fellow booze smuggler! ;)

I think banning irons is 2 things - fire risk and laundry services. If they offered hair curling/straightening services, those small hot appliances would also be banned.

Sure they would. But they havent and they get very hot much more than irons.

The only logical answer I can see, is that they make the money off us for laundry services but wont if they take hair straightners for example. And I have no problem with them trying to make money, its a business, but hate being fobbed off with answers that dont make sense. Hey ho, I can live with it, lots worse that happens.;)

Agreed... we really can handle the truth. I would much prefer an answer like, we offer laundry services on this ship and request you use us for pressing/cleaning your clothes.

I think banning irons is 2 things - fire risk and laundry services. If they offered hair curling/straightening services, those small hot appliances would also be banned.
Very interesting. So I wonder how the spa/salon gets away with curling irons, flat irons, commercial hair dryers, etc. if they are truly a safety risk???

Things that make you go Hmmmm.....

Great off you go then, it is people that avoid spending money whilst on a ship, that means cruise prices are raised for others. Good Bye

We always bring alcohol on our cruises and I would guess we spend more money on our cruise then quite a few. Our alcohol is for a cocktail while enjoying the view on our balconey and not having to go upstairs or call room service.

We still buy drinks on the ship, purchase merchandise, etc. so to generlize that those who bring alcohol on board drive up cruise prices is incorrect.

Originally Posted by ChipLondon viewpost.gif

Great off you go then, it is people that avoid spending money whilst on a ship, that means cruise prices are raised for others. Good Bye

My oh my, the assumptions we make.. I assume you saw my bill at the end of the cruise.. Because I tend to rebel against authority, because I enjoy having a beer while waiting for the wife to get dressed, because my wife enjoys a glass of wine at the same time (probably causing the aforementioned delay :) you assume I spend less, enjoy myself less, and generally cause you pain and expense..

I guess I and the rest of the rabble-rousers should just go elsewhere, or stay below deck 5...

If you don't want to hear this type of story.. then don't go there. I don't need to justify my behavior to you anymore then you to I..

As to reasons for moving lines, they have more to do with food and activities... guess they've gone downhill because of folks like me being 'too cheap' to buy all of my boose on ship.

Funny thing though.. the line that controls that the most, is the one that I've seen a decline in.. so let's see.. keep boooze out so you buy more here so we can have more money to serve you tasteless food and fewer choices.. what a business model!

Welcome to the club Swack. We have "carried" or "packed" since 1982. Every cruise. Never a problem.

Its been my expirence after all these years that those of us who carry or pack SPEND MORE on the ships booze. The cabin parties are fun also.

I used to too. When I was 12.

I grew up though.

Lol..

Growing old is mandatory.. growing up is optional...

Proud to enjoy life like a 12 year old.. except for the booze thing.. oh yea, and sex.. oh and driving.. :cool:

I have had 9 successful smuggles. And I spend plenty of money on the ship, usually with a sail and sign above 1000.00. So I have no reservations about 'breaking the rules' to enjoy cocktails convienently in my cabin!

I hate the posts that whine about cruise prices going up being directly correlated to people who "don't spend enough" on board or bring on their own drinks or don't use laundry services or don't bring home 18 of those ugly souvenir glasses that break the first time you wash them or... on and on.

We don't control the price of the cruise. The company isn't going to go down in smoke because a few people bring on their own drinks. In MOST cases, these people also buy drinks at the bar because.. what are they gonna do, otherwise? Be confined to their rooms drinking their beer and wine? Come on.

If people are concerned that the price of cruising is too high, then by all means, they should be looking into alternative vacation plans.

As for the OP, good on you, mister. This was a fun read. :)

In MOST cases, these people also buy drinks at the bar because.. what are they gonna do, otherwise? Be confined to their rooms drinking their beer and wine? Come on.

Beware the guy who you see walking around the ship with a water bottle in his hand for you may be surprised to find out what's inside of it. :D

Shame you clearly haven't outgrown the annoying.

Just call em like I see em. Kinda disturbing though how many people here get absolutely giddy at the mere mention of alcohol like they are 16 and their parents are going away for the weekend.

That tells me there's a problem, and I know people don't like to be reminded of bad habits.

That's why I do it.

:D

But thank's for spending so much on alcohol on your cruises. Keeps my prices down and if I spend 20 dollars on fruity drinks like a daiquiri or two that will be a lot.

Party on!!!

:rolleyes:

:)

I hate the posts that whine about cruise prices going up being directly correlated to people who "don't spend enough" on board or bring on their own drinks or don't use laundry services or don't bring home 18 of those ugly souvenir glasses that break the first time you wash them or... on and on.

We don't control the price of the cruise. The company isn't going to go down in smoke because a few people bring on their own drinks. In MOST cases, these people also buy drinks at the bar because.. what are they gonna do, otherwise? Be confined to their rooms drinking their beer and wine? Come on.

If people are concerned that the price of cruising is too high, then by all means, they should be looking into alternative vacation plans.

As for the OP, good on you, mister. This was a fun read. :)

Agree 100% While on vacation DH likes Bailey's in his morning coffee. and to tell you the truth, to make that coffee palatable, it needs Bailey's:eek:. Ordering shots of Bailey's at 7 to 9 in the a.m. every morning while on a cruise is just not going to happen in my book. :rolleyes: Sometimes we use about 2 table spoons, sometimes more... Its like coffee creamer. Who knows how much is needed. I will continue to pack a rum runner of Bailey's on every cruise. Talk about loss of revenue,,,, It used to be the first thing we did once at sea. Went to the liquor store on the ship and purchased a bottle of Baileys for the cabin. The new rule is RCCL's loss and my gain..:D

WE have yet to have a sea account under $1,000.00. WE don't play bingo and we don't buy pictures.

originally posted by Killswitch

Yes. We all think that.

Back to Carnival?

Why doesn't this surprise me.

lol

So as a new member, with your first cruise scheduled for next week.. you would know Carnival from RCL how?

Would it surprise you that I was on one cruise ship in which one of the activities was a game show in which 2 men in their underwear and one woman imitated sex acts on the stage? Or that there were 20 such thressomes on the stage? That they all had to be constantly reminded not to bring their drinks on the stage? Or that this game show, "The Quest" was on RCL Majesty?

Look forward to your enlighted views after you cross the gangplank for the first time.. :cool:

So as a new member, with your first cruise scheduled for next week.. you would know Carnival from RCL how?

Would it surprise you that I was on one cruise ship in which one of the activities was a game show in which 2 men in their underwear and one woman imitated sex acts on the stage? Or that there were 20 such thressomes on the stage? That they all had to be constantly reminded not to bring their drinks on the stage? Or that this game show, "The Quest" was on RCL Majesty?

Look forward to your enlighted views after you cross the gangplank for the first time.. :cool:

My girlfriend has been on 12 cruises and i trust what she says about carny crowds and it wouldn't surprise ME if you were on Noahs Ark.

;)

My girlfriend has been on 12 cruises and i trust what she says about carny crowds and it wouldn't surprise ME if you were on Noahs Ark.

;)

What a way to live life. To only accept what others tell you and never to experience things for yourself. :rolleyes:

Archived