RCI To Host Cougar Cruise After Carnival Turns Them Down

GTO-Girl

I heard on the radio this morning and was able to find the news article that Carnival hosted it's first "cougar" cruise awhile back. Evidently it was such a disaster they have refused to host another one citing they want to maintain a family image. This tells me if Carnival isn't able to turn a blind eye to these guests then their actions must have been very offensive to the others aboard......so who knows what was going on in plain view :eek:

I am very disappointed to hear that RCI has agreed to step in and host this group in May on the Mariner of the Seas. While I don't consider myself a prude I would be very upset to have my family witness such behavior.

-- I can't imagine what they did that would have been so bad to have been turned down by CCL.

They likely didn't book the whole ship :D

Remember, even though Carnival wants to keep its "family friendly" reputation they will gladly charter out a whole ship to swingers groups and nudists.

If there were a guarantee of 2000 pax I am certain you would have seen Cougarpalooza 2 on a Carnival ship in 2010.

Unless or until we know more specific details about the previous situation and any restrictions that RCI may have placed on the organizers of this cruise, I suggest that we withhold judgment. Basing our decisions or comments on a radio report or a news article (and by now, we should all know just how accurate those articles can be:rolleyes:) seems to me to be premature.

I heard on the radio this morning and was able to find the news article that Carnival hosted it's first "cougar" cruise awhile back. Evidently it was such a disaster they have refused to host another one citing they want to maintain a family image. This tells me if Carnival isn't able to turn a blind eye to these guests then their actions must have been very offensive to the others aboard......so who knows what was going on in plain view :eek:

I am very disappointed to hear that RCI has agreed to step in and host this group in May on the Mariner of the Seas. While I don't consider myself a prude I would be very upset to have my family witness such behavior.

Aren't you being a bit harsh here? Do you know what the behavior was that you're ctiticizing? Or the reason(s) Carnival has chosen not to accommodate this group again? It's possible that they didn't realize the financial gain they had expected & are now using their "family friendly" reputation as an excuse.

There's nothing there to identify what those "international headlines" were.

It just ran in the USA Today Travel Blog - so I guess that's the "International Headlines" ;)

I still don't see a huge problem with the ONE exception is the DATE. They chose spring break and I think that may be a problem. The ship is going to be filled with kids. So they should have chartered the ship for the cougars.

If they wanted the cougar business then they should have chosen a time that the ship wasn't filled with kids and typically march is a good month for people with kids.

But wait...maybe they purposely chose spring break. Think about it.

1) A cruise ship with several mature female passengers wanting to find "romance" with younger men.

2) A cruise ship with several young hormone driven college boys on spring break ...all hoping to party down and get "lucky".

Perhaps they have a plan.

Gives a new meaning to the phrase "Love Boat".

It just ran in the USA Today Travel Blog - so I guess that's the "International Headlines"

I still don't see a huge problem with the ONE exception is the DATE. They chose spring break and I think that may be a problem. The ship is going to be filled with kids. So they should have chartered the ship for the cougars.

If they wanted the cougar business then they should have chosen a time that the ship wasn't filled with kids and typically march is a good month for people with kids.

According to the article it is scheduled for May and I think that is past spring break for most schools.

Why someone would get upset over something like this is beyond me. International headlines could have meant anything. I had not heard of this group prior to it being posted here on Cruise Critic. I can bet that you could see much worse on just about any cruise. I doubt that these women are molesting their prey out in the open. Surely they wait until they are behind closed doors.;)

Not trying to flame you here but what do you think your gonna see?

45-60 year old women chasing young college studs down the hallways. Some heavy make out sessions and roaming hands in the bars and elevators.

HMMMMMMM! I doubt it but it would be fun to be a spectator.:D

Bout time they put some decent entertainment on these ships.

After 10 pm of course. (when all the little ones tucked away) ;)

What's the cruise date??? I'm sure that my DW will not allow ourselves to be aboard for that one............but it sure would be interesting to "people watch!":D:D

Rick

Most of these "cougars" have belly button fuzz older than the guys they chase. Yeah it would be embarrassing to watch that in my opinion.

Why someone would get upset over something like this is beyond me. International headlines could have meant anything. I had not heard of this group prior to it being posted here on Cruise Critic. I can bet that you could see much worse on just about any cruise. I doubt that these women are molesting their prey out in the open. Surely they wait until they are behind closed doors.;)

Yeah. They just make fools of themselves in public being seen with these children.

Course making fools of ones self seems pretty normal on cruise ships so....carry on.

Archived