Nothing but rain and clouds forecast!

J-Hawk

On DH and my's first cruise together on the Holiday, we sailed out of New Orleans with the rain pouring, it was literally coming down sideways. Out of a 5-night cruise it rained hard for probably 3 of them including our stop in Cozumel. The pool deck party had to be cancelled because it was rainy and windy. But you know what? It was one of the best cruises we ever had - it was SO much fun. No one seemed to bothered by it and everyone just had a great time. The last two days the sun came out in full force.

You can't control the weather but you can control how you react to it. You'll have fun no matter what ;)

Our frist cruise it rained alot including at least part of the day in each port. We still had a great time. When we went on our second cruise I worried about the weather and checked the Weather Channel.com many times and it was forcasted to rain in each port. It didn't rain any, go, have a great time and if it rains, just go with the flow.

For my last two cruises (one in Feb and one in Oct) the weather showed like a 60% chance of rain on every day! But in Feb, we had a 5 minute rain shower on our first day a sea (just long enough to open up a bunch of deck chairs...not sure why everyone split...most were wet anyway from the pool and there were blue skies right behind the rain cloud) then it was nothing but sunshine for the rest of the week. In Oct, it was about the same thing. Pouring when we arrived in Miami the morning before the cruise. Sunny by lunch and one quick shower during our first sea day.

I wouldn't worry about it...even if it does rain in port, it's usually just a quick little shower followed by sunshine. And as others have mentioned, the ship can usually find a path with some better weather.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am cruising in 4 days and there is nothing but rain and clouds in the forecast! Anyone every have this happen on their cruise? I am starting to get depressed!

I wouldn't worry too much. First of all, you're 4 days out - a lot can change. The weather men really aren't that good. they're only about 50% right forecasting tomorrow, let alone half a week away.

On a 12 day cruise, we left NYC in a snow storm, hit the tail end of a hurricane in Aruba, and followed it all the way up to Miami. We probably had 6 days of rain or snow.

We had a fantastic time! No lack of things to do. Don't sweat it - you're going to have a blast.

You'll have so much fun, you will not even notice the weather! Don't worry.

Some of the best times I have had on trips was when the weather was supposed to be lousy. Guess what? Forecasts can be wrong. And even if it pours rain the whole time, the inside of the ship is still a blast!

I am cruising in 4 days and there is nothing but rain and clouds in the forecast! Anyone every have this happen on their cruise? I am starting to get depressed!

It has happened on all 11 cruises that I have taken, and we have encountered a total of about an hour of rain. That is a typical ocean forecast. Nothing to be concerned about. The bigger issue would be a forecast of winds.

Archived