Cagney's perk with penthouse suite

brovol

Cagney's breakfast/lunch perk is the best suite perk NCL provides IMO. The relaxed atmosphere, quality/variety of food and outstanding service all contribute to making this a super perk.

We love boarding for our cruise and heading to Cagney's for embarkation lunch - it's a great relaxing way to start a cruise!

I can't imagine that NCL would even attempt to do away with this suite perk - NCL would hear the collective screams of suite pax even if corporate were buried in a concrete bunker miles underground:eek:...

Lin ,

Please email me. I forgot to write down your new email address.

PE

My family will be in an AB suite, but my mum will be in a regular cabin. Would she be able to join us in Cagney's?

I was wondering this as well. Not necessarily for the lunch but, can I make first day reservations for dinner and include others?

Hi, We will be in a category AF on the PoA. It is considered a family suite on that ship. Does anyone know if it qualifies for the "suite perks"?

Thanks so much!

On other ships, the AF is considered a mini-suite (should be listed as deluxe balcony really) and is not a full suite with suite perks. But, the PoA AF looks different. I'm curious to find out the answer to this question myself.

On other ships, the AF is considered a mini-suite (should be listed as deluxe balcony really) and is not a full suite with suite perks. But, the PoA AF looks different. I'm curious to find out the answer to this question myself.

The AFs on Pride of America are not considered full suites and do not have the suite perks. To confirm this, I just checked NCL's website. It's very clear when reading the various categories on the ship. The suites that have the notation "Butler and Concierge service available" are the A2, AB, AC, AD, and AE. The AF and AG do not have that notation, and many members here have reported that they did not receive suite benefits.

beachchick

• 3 weeks later...
Is Cagney's open for breakfast and lunch on port days? And is there a surcharge for breakfast and lunch for suite guests?

Yes it is open on port day's and there is no surcharge. At the end of the cruise I think it is nice to tip the servers that serve you during the week.

is the menu the same as the main dining room? Does anyone have a menu to view?

Different menu than the MDR! We like it better for breakfast than lunch...Steak & Eggs/Crab Cakes Eggs Benedict (and other great options)

Just to be clear here Cagneys is open for breakfast and LUNCH ONLY for suite guests, no one else.

Oh and it was NEVER listed as one of the suite amenities.

Suite guests and friends of suite guests at the discretion of the Concierge as others have stated. When we were on the Pearl and Carlos was the Concierge he also allowed us to included our friends in other activities reserved for Concierge passengers which we really appreciated.

We just did the Panama Canal on the Star AB suite, had breakfast 13 times in Cagney's ( over slept one morning ) and lunch 14 times, our butler walked us to Cagney's at embarkation for our first lunch. Cagney's was never full for breakfast or lunch, but if to many suite guests start bringing non suite guests into Cagney's it will fill up, and that makes it hard to get a table. I will leave it at that just to keep from getting a notice.

I'm sorry if this is redundant or seems naive, but I was curious why the Cagney's lunch and breakfast is such a benefit? Is it the variety/quality of the food, service or what? My family and I are booked in a penthouse suite in February and would appreciate tapping your collective knowledge. We are also first time cruisers. Thanks.

Ted

There are items on the Cagneys/suites menu that you wont find anywhere else (at breakfast, crab cake eggs benedict, for instance). And, it is possible to get items that are not on the menu -- my now 15 yr old dd last year on the Jewel asked for chocolate chip pancakes (a personal favorite) and our waiter said "no problem". The service here was wonderful and we got to know many of our fellow travelers.

We're in a CV in March and I can't wait.

Enjoy your trip! :)

I was wondering this as well. Not necessarily for the lunch but, can I make first day reservations for dinner and include others?

Anyone in any category cabin can make reservations for Cagney's for the first night. There is a surcharge, plus an additional surcharge menu, and even suite guests have to pay.

The free meals in Cagneys for suite and VIP guests are only for breakfast and lunch.

[quote name='big green']depending on the amount of suite guests--it it is up to the hotel director who approves the concierges request--it is not definite-- it is on a case by case basis.

BG[/quote]

Where did you get your information about the Hotel Director ???
The HD did not get involved on the Jewel. At breakfast I asked the concierge if our friends could join us for lunch and he immediately said it was OK....The only thing definite is that one has the ask the concierge...

[quote name='RichNY']Where did you get your information about the Hotel Director ???
The HD did not get involved on the Jewel. At breakfast I asked the concierge if our friends could join us for lunch and he immediately said it was OK....The only thing definite is that one has the ask the concierge...[/quote]

[COLOR=Black]I assure you that it is up to the Hotel Director for the final decision on who is allowed in to Cagney's if they are not in a Penthouse Suite. My information comes directly from the mouths of Hugo Vanosmael (Dawn HD) and Denis Prguda (Pearl HD). The Concierge can make suggestions but the final approval comes from the HD.

PE[/COLOR]

[quote=Planer's Edge;23106808][COLOR=black]I assure you that it is up to the Hotel Director for the final decision on who is allowed in to Cagney's if they are not in a Penthouse Suite. My information comes directly from the mouths of Hugo Vanosmael (Dawn HD) and Denis Prguda (Pearl HD). The Concierge can make suggestions but the final approval comes from the HD.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]PE[/COLOR][/quote]

Then how do you explain what happened in my situation.......??????

[quote name='RichNY']Then how do you explain what happened in my situation.......??????[/quote]

[COLOR=Black]Maybe it was pre-approved, I don't know. All I can tell you is what was told to me by the men in charge on two different ships. Maybe you're just special.:rolleyes:

PE[/COLOR]

I'm just going to guess that the Concierge has the discretion to allow in a few guests. Simply bringing in 1 other couple, etc.

But if a suite guest wants to bring a large party into Cagney's... Then perhaps it needs HD approval.

Just a possibility.

[quote name='havoc315']I'm just going to guess that the Concierge has the discretion to allow in a few guests. Simply bringing in 1 other couple, etc.

But if a suite guest wants to bring a large party into Cagney's... Then perhaps it needs HD approval.

Just a possibility.[/quote]

[COLOR=Black]That is not the way it was explained to me. Anyone added to the VIP list has to be approved by the HD.

Maybe the HD and the Concierge had a predefined limit on how many additional could be added after the initial VIP list was made out. I don't know, they would have to be asked how it worked in that specific instance.

PE[/COLOR]

[quote=Planer's Edge;23107153][COLOR=black]Maybe it was pre-approved, I don't know. All I can tell you is what was told to me by the men in charge on two different ships. Maybe you're just special.:rolleyes:[/COLOR]

Maybe I am special or maybe thats the way they do it on the Jewel..

[quote=Planer's Edge;23107419][COLOR=black]That is not the way it was explained to me. Anyone added to the VIP list has to be approved by the HD.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Maybe the HD and the Concierge had a predefined limit on how many additional could be added after the initial VIP list was made out. I don't know, they would have to be asked how it worked in that specific instance.[/COLOR]

Now you are talking about VIP guests that's a whole other story...

We have booked numerous times in Suites and had Cagney's use with large groups in all different types of rooms from Inside to mini suites. We found that when we asked Concierge who always happens to show up while dining he always gave us a quick positive answer without checking with anyone else. He did each time request that we keep it down to just a couple couples each time and not everyone all at once. The last trip we had a different group for breakfast almost evey day and only once did the staff seemed (lets say) surprised. This is another area in which we are respectful to ask and to follow the rules of that ship. This trip we have four couples in Suites and it will make it much easier to have a few friends join us after we ask.

[QUOTE=Planer's Edge;23107419][COLOR=Black]That is not the way it was explained to me. Anyone added to the VIP list has to be approved by the HD.

Maybe the HD and the Concierge had a predefined limit on how many additional could be added after the initial VIP list was made out. I don't know, they would have to be asked how it worked in that specific instance.

PE[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I suspect there is a difference between being the guest of a VIP at Cagneys, and being put on the VIP list oneself.

Archived