Cagney's perk with penthouse suite

brovol

I just booked an AB Penthouse suite on the Jewel for March. We have had suites twice previously on the Gem, and loved having breakfast and lunch at Cagney's as a suite perk. I was on Norwegian's web site a moment ago, and did not see Cagney's under the suite amenities. Can someone confirm that Cagney's lunch and breakfast is still one of the perks? Thank you.

We just got off the Jewel on Sunday where we had an AB suite.

We definitely were able to eat both breakfast and lunch at Cagney's--including lunch when we embarked and breakfast on the day we disembarked. It was fabulous. We were in 11018. You are soooo lucky to have this cruise ahead of you.

yoyocruiser

I just booked an AB Penthouse suite on the Jewel for March. We have had suites twice previously on the Gem, and loved having breakfast and lunch at Cagney's as a suite perk. I was on Norwegian's web site a moment ago, and did not see Cagney's under the suite amenities. Can someone confirm that Cagney's lunch and breakfast is still one of the perks? Thank you.

It most certainly is. :D

As fast as things seem to be changing on NCL I don't know if this is an answer to your question, but as others have said it was a perk still for us when we sailed this past Nov. I believe if NCL took away this perk there would be an uprising from NCL Suite guest as it has to be one of the most popular perks of having a suite.

We just got off the Jewel on Sunday where we had an AB suite.

We definitely were able to eat both breakfast and lunch at Cagney's--including lunch when we embarked and breakfast on the day we disembarked. It was fabulous. We were in 11018. You are soooo lucky to have this cruise ahead of you.

yoyocruiser

Did you say you could get lunch at Cagney's, the day you get on the ship? That would be fantastic. thanks...

As fast as things seem to be changing on NCL I don't know if this is an answer to your question, but as others have said it was a perk still for us when we sailed this past Nov. I believe if NCL took away this perk there would be an uprising from NCL Suite guest as it has to be one of the most popular perks of having a suite.

Absolutely agree with you!

I just got off the Jewel Sunday and YES.....Cagney's was still a suite perk for breakfast and lunch and the food was fantastic! Enjoy! :)

I had an AB and it was wonderful! The Jewel is delightful and the food in every venue was delicious. It is the cleanest ship I've been on and the crew the best!

I just got off the Jewel on Sunday and will post a review soon. You'll love the Jewel!~

I've eaten at Cagney twice, I really don't like it at all, although my wife does. Go figure!

I think the posters on this thread are talkng about the suites-only breakfast and lunch at Cagney's. I'd say it's far superior to what you get in the MDR or buffet. I too could care less about dinner there.

I'm sorry if this is redundant or seems naive, but I was curious why the Cagney's lunch and breakfast is such a benefit? Is it the variety/quality of the food, service or what? My family and I are booked in a penthouse suite in February and would appreciate tapping your collective knowledge. We are also first time cruisers. Thanks.

Ted

I'm sorry if this is redundant or seems naive, but I was curious why the Cagney's lunch and breakfast is such a benefit? Is it the variety/quality of the food, service or what? My family and I are booked in a penthouse suite in February and would appreciate tapping your collective knowledge. We are also first time cruisers. Thanks.

Ted

Variety and quality of the food, generally (although that's not guaranteed) quality of the service, not having to fight the mobs in the buffet or dining room, getting to know a small group of fellow cruisers you see day after day...

It's a more refined and upscale experience.

Did you say you could get lunch at Cagney's, the day you get on the ship? That would be fantastic. thanks...

Just to be clear here Cagneys is open for breakfast and LUNCH ONLY for suite guests, no one else.

Oh and it was NEVER listed as one of the suite amenities.

Ted

Ted-

Each morning as I walked into Il Adagio (the suite breakfast/lunch venue on the Sun), I was greeted with "good morning, Miss Hill". Then the hostess took me to my favorite seat on the window. Oslyn Brown, the Matre d' would come by to say hi, as the server brought my fresh French pressed decaf. I'd walk up to the buffet table that was never out of anything. I'd choose a chocolate croissant, a few walnuts and sliced tomatoes, and maybe something else if so inclined. Il Adagio was NEVER over 50% full which added to the ambience. It was peaceful. I'd sit and read the freestyle daily or a paperback. When my meal was brought, it was fresh and hot. I could linger or eat quicker if I needed to.

It was also a great place for lunch. It was quiet and an escape from the crowds.

The service was great, the food was great and the atmosphere was great. It is the #1 suite perk in my opinion. If NCL ever deviates from the current Cagney's suite perk, it would in my opinion, be the biggest deal-breaker for me. It really is superlative.

Ted-

Each morning as I walked into Il Adagio (the suite breakfast/lunch venue on the Sun), I was greeted with "good morning, Miss Hill". Then the hostess took me to my favorite seat on the window. Oslyn Brown, the Matre d' would come by to say hi, as the server brought my fresh French pressed decaf. I'd walk up to the buffet table that was never out of anything. I'd choose a chocolate croissant, a few walnuts and sliced tomatoes, and maybe something else if so inclined. Il Adagio was NEVER over 50% full which added to the ambience. It was peaceful. I'd sit and read the freestyle daily or a paperback. When my meal was brought, it was fresh and hot. I could linger or eat quicker if I needed to.

It was also a great place for lunch. It was quiet and an escape from the crowds.

The service was great, the food was great and the atmosphere was great. It is the #1 suite perk in my opinion. If NCL ever deviates from the current Cagney's suite perk, it would in my opinion, be the biggest deal-breaker for me. It really is superlative.

Oooh forgot about those chocolate croissants, I get at least two :D

Cagney's breakfast/lunch perk is the best suite perk NCL provides IMO. The relaxed atmosphere, quality/variety of food and outstanding service all contribute to making this a super perk.

We love boarding for our cruise and heading to Cagney's for embarkation lunch - it's a great relaxing way to start a cruise!

I can't imagine that NCL would even attempt to do away with this suite perk - NCL would hear the collective screams of suite pax even if corporate were buried in a concrete bunker miles underground:eek:...

Just to be clear here Cagneys is open for breakfast and LUNCH ONLY for suite guests, no one else.

Oh and it was NEVER listed as one of the suite amenities.

I beg to differ.....

The Cagney's perk is also available to VIP's at the discretion of the concierge.

It also has been listed for quite some time as a amenity. "Invitations to exclusive breakfast, lunch and cocktail party" was listed on the old web site and is on the chart of amenities on the new site.

It is one of the best things about the suites on NCL. :)

Archived