Anyone ever see anything bad on a cruise?

mebecindi

you know how you hear stories on the news about plumbing issues..or someone missing....just wondering if anyone had any interesting stories...

You can do a search for people overboard.. mechanical problems.. lots of thread will pop up.. if all else fails.. GOOGLE is your friend...

Before I met my wife, she was on a cruise when a crew member that was mentally-ill took a hammer or something to one of the engines and proceeded to beat it out of commission. She said they had to come back from Cozumel at 1/2 speed and were a day late.

Before I met my wife, she was on a cruise when a crew member that was mentally-ill took a hammer or something to one of the engines and proceeded to beat it out of commission. She said they had to come back from Cozumel at 1/2 speed and were a day late.

Was it the Destiny? :confused:

How big is the engine on a cruise ship? He must have had a heck of a big hammer! :eek:

After a perfect and uneventful 4 days onbaord the Fantasy back in 2000 I woke up one morning and they made me get off the ship :eek::eek:!!! I was so upset with Carnival that I have since taken 8 other cruises and going platinum next month!!

Honest to God truth.......we cruise with our best friends.

On our last cruise on the Fantasy in Costa Maya, my family went to some Myan Ruins. Our friends went scuba diving. One group and just come up and another group was getting ready to head down.

A wave came up to the little scuba boat (not a big boat like most scuba excursions are) and filled it with water. The boat sank, people were in the water, some without life vests, scuba gear and other people's passports sank, and people had to be "saved" by the local fishmen that were circling the people in the ocean.

Needless to say, our friends were shaken up a bit------we caught up with them in the swim up bar near the dock. By the end of the night ....everytime someone said, "Our boat sank" we laughed hysterically and raised our glasses to the good fortune of being alive!! :eek:

Archived