Can I fish

Just trying to give everyone a good laugh to start or end the week. Yes we have a balcony, yes on deck 10. I use it but not for fishing. I appreciate a good laugh as well as the next person and thought others might also. I think I push the rules just letting my kids jump off the balcony and skate board all over the ship, they especially like to ride into the MDR on formal night in cut off shorts and wife beater shirts :cool::cool:

...I think I push the rules just letting my kids jump off the balcony and skate board all over the ship, they especially like to ride into the MDR on formal night in cut off shorts and wife beater shirts :cool::cool:

Okay, now I really am ROTFLMAO! Thanks for the laugh!

I agree with "fishbonz". Bring your fishing equipment. You might not be able to fish off the ship but you can find places. On my last cruise some of the crew were fishing in the space between the ship and dock(Key West), and catching some. You can probably find places in every port to fish. The people on this site really have no idea if you can or can't, they are just assuming everything is a no...And believe it or not, many country don't require a License, Fee, or Tax to fish.....

That's really good since Florida requires a salt water fishing license. Wonder if that pax went to the local marina store to pick one up???

Can you imagine being on your balcony when all of a sudden a fishing hook comes and hits you in the face :eek:

Not on a balcony, but my DH was on a pier when a fisherman caught him in the nose. :eek: Let's just say...he was not laughing, but I sure was...after I found he was alright :D

off my balcony while in port ? I realize that the normal cruizing speed is to fast for trolling. If I were to catch something worth eating or having mounted would the ship take care of this for me ? I have one of those pocket fisherman that I have caught some big fish with and I am bringing it on this trip. I have added extra line to the spool to get it up to deck 10. Am I being realalistic or should I leave it at home ????

• Totally unrealistic!
  • Beleive there are Coast Guard and Cruise Line Safety Regulations that strictly prohibit fishing off the cruise ship. Regardless if you are licensed to fish in international waters or the local area in which the ship is docked.
  • Think about it ! How can you be certain that someone on a balcony below was not going to be in harms way because of your need to be a Pocket Fisherman on Board ?
  • No the cruise line will not cook a passenger's fishing catch. They don't for people who go on fishing excurisions . So why would you think they would do it for you ?

Go on a fishing excursion instead. You place yourself at risk for being asked to leave the ship. Remember you will be at port. People and ship personnel will see you. It's highly likely it will be reported. In these days of phones with camera's there's likely to be hard core proof. Not to mention the ship has cameras as well. Do you want to risk the whole trip for your need to use a pocket fisheman on a cruise ship ?

• Totally unrealistic!
  • Beleive there are Coast Guard and Cruise Line Safety Regulations that strictly prohibit fishing off the cruise ship. Regardless if you are licensed to fish in international waters or the local area in which the ship is docked.
  • Think about it ! How can you be certain that someone on a balcony below was not going to be in harms way because of your need to be a Pocket Fisherman on Board ?
  • No the cruise line will not cook a passenger's fishing catch. They don't for people who go on fishing excurisions . So why would you think they would do it for you ?

Go on a fishing excursion instead. You place yourself at risk for being asked to leave the ship. Remember you will be at port. People and ship personnel will see you. It's highly likely it will be reported. In these days of phones with camera's there's likely to be hard core proof. Not to mention the ship has cameras as well. Do you want to risk the whole trip for your need to use a pocket fisheman on a cruise ship ?

You sure have read the thread including OP´s follow up before posting:rolleyes:

The ship is not interested in cooking your catch and you are not allowed to use a Hibachi on your balcony.

The best way to cook your catch will be with a steam iron. For best results, you'll want to filet a fish such as mackerel, shark or cobia. Flounder and sole are pretty easy to cook whole, which naturally gives better flavor as the bones are still there to impart their tastiness.

Don't throw the cleanings off the ship--it will attract sea-gulls and that irritates the neighbors.

The cabin steward will deserve some extra cash afterward.

Remember to bring the RedNeck Dress-Up shirt for dinner. We all know THAT shirt... it has the motto:

Happiness is a big gut-pile.

Enjoy. A last note.. try Lissette's Special Sauce. Available in belize.

Fishing from Deck ten is a LOOOONNNGGG way down to the water. Me thinks the RCL folks would not think that was a good idea. And... have you seen what the water around the ships looks like? Not too nice in many ports.

--------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

This has to be a joke.

I mean even if someone really wanted to fish that bad, ever look at the water right next to the ship when you're in port? Yech!:eek:

Depends what port...Bermuda is fantastic water as is Cayman and several ports...not that tropical fish make great eating...

There was a post with photos from someone who did fish off their balcony and caught a good sized fish too! LOL IIRC, someone from the crew came and took it happily away. :D:)

I found it: post #43

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=845641&highlight=fishing+from+balcony&page=3

Here's a shock: It's a Carnival ship. :rolleyes:

[quote name='B-52']How ya doin! I knew you were lurking around here somewhere. Going back on the explorer this June? we're driving down to Baltimore for the enchantment.[/quote]

Doing fine thanks for asking,,hope you guys are doing OK...We went to bermuda back in Nov and going back in May on the same trip as last june just fell in love with the ship and that cruise.

[quote name='luvthebalcony']Just trying to give everyone a good laugh to start or end the week. Yes we have a balcony, yes on deck 10. I use it but not for fishing. I appreciate a good laugh as well as the next person and thought others might also. I think I push the rules just letting my kids jump off the balcony and skate board all over the ship, they especially like to ride into the MDR on formal night in cut off shorts and wife beater shirts :cool::cool:[/quote]

You could let your kids water-ski the wake,too. ;)

[quote name='luvthebalcony']off my balcony while in port ? I realize that the normal cruizing speed is to fast for trolling. If I were to catch something worth eating or having mounted would the ship take care of this for me ? I have one of those pocket fisherman that I have caught some big fish with and I am bringing it on this trip. I have added extra line to the spool to get it up to deck 10. Am I being realalistic or should I leave it at home ????[/quote]
Thats what people do in the aft cabins while underway just make sure you bring a downrigger:D

[quote name='luvthebalcony']Just trying to give everyone a good laugh to start or end the week. Yes we have a balcony, yes on deck 10. I use it but not for fishing. I appreciate a good laugh as well as the next person and thought others might also. I think I push the rules just letting my kids jump off the balcony and skate board all over the ship, they especially like to ride into the MDR on formal night in cut off shorts and wife beater shirts :cool::cool:[/quote] IAM still lmao, thanks, I really needed that.:):):)

Archived