Post-Meeting questions

Mr. Y

Hey Gang!

We had our pre-cruise meeting last Thursday and some of my hosses had questions I was unable to answer. So here we go.

One of my hosses wanted to know if you are allowed to hook up the tv in the cabin with Xbox 360 so he can play Rock Band 2 at night.

Another one of my hosses wanted to know if you are allowed to wear a wetsuit in the pool on the ship.

Do they have A1 sauce in the dining room?

Somebody else wanted to know if slingbox works while on the cruise.

Another question I got is, if the nightclub washroom has a bathroom attendant?

Hey Gang!

We had our pre-cruise meeting last Thursday and some of my hosses had questions I was unable to answer. So here we go.

One of my hosses wanted to know if you are allowed to hook up the tv in the cabin with Xbox 360 so he can play Rock Band 2 at night. Yes, I believe you can, however, not sure the neighbors would appreciate that. The walls are VERY thin

Another one of my hosses wanted to know if you are allowed to wear a wetsuit in the pool on the ship. :eek:

Do they have A1 sauce in the dining room?Yes, may have to ask for it though

Probably not. would have to pay for the internet connection and the down load speeds are VERY slow. Internet is via satellite

Another question I got is, if the nightclub washroom has a bathroom attendant?No

Hope this is some help

for the xbox...bring your own AV cables and be prepared to squeeze behind the tv as some ships are not yet outfitted with flat screens. May take some doing but it can be done.

Of course you can wear the wet suit in the pool, you might look a bit crazy but go for it!

Hey Gang!

One of my hosses wanted to know if you are allowed to hook up the tv in the cabin with Xbox 360 so he can play Rock Band 2 at night.

Another one of my hosses wanted to know if you are allowed to wear a wetsuit in the pool on the ship.

Really, go on a cruise to play RockBand? Might as well stay home if you really need to play that bad. There are about 1000 things I would rather do on a vacation than sit in my room and play XBox, nevermind the hassle of dragging the whole system and controls with me on the ship. Good luck I guess.

See comment below

Hey Gang!

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. A lot of the TVs are old without connection. It really depends on the ship.

Tell your horse that it is fine but the water in the pool is usually so hot that an airconditioner is needed more than a wet suit.

Yes and no. It is very expensive to use the Internet on the ship $100/250 minutes and speed is really slow. Slingbox is going to be horrible even if there is enough bandwiidth.

No

Really, go on a cruise to play RockBand? Might as well stay home if you really need to play that bad. There are about 1000 things I would rather do on a vacation than sit in my room and play XBox, nevermind the hassle of dragging the whole system and controls with me on the ship. Good luck I guess.

How is that any different than reading a book while on a cruise? I know you could do that at home as well, but people seem to want to do it on cruise ships. I'm always surprised how people react to what other people want to do on vacation. It's their vacation, why shouldn't they want to do those things that they like doing. You have 24 hours of vacation a day. Maybe you're sleeping for 8 of them. That leaves you 16 hours to do what you want. Is it fun and healthy to do different things on vacation? Absolutely. Is there some rule that you should spend all 16 hours doing different things than what you'd do at home? Not in my opinion.

Our gang is big fans of Rock Band and we like playing it at night to wind the night down. After the nightclub experience sometimes you are still stoked up so playing Rock Band is the perfect way of settling down.

Our gang is big fans of Rock Band and we like playing it at night to wind the night down. After the nightclub experience sometimes you are still stoked up so playing Rock Band is the perfect way of settling down.

I hope your neighbors agree:eek:

I hope I never have the cabin next to you. ;)

I would imagine since you said Rock Band after being out at the clubs it would be late at night. This will not fly security will be called.

I think we'll be OK. we will invite our neighbors to join in the game if they are interested.

My gang is easy to get along with.

I'm extremely easy to get along with. Even enjoy a good party now and then.

My neighbors on a cruiseship playing RockBand at 2 or 3am? :eek: Security is getting called.

I would think after a night at the club you would be courting a young lady not hanging with the hosses to unwind

At least that is what us men do in SF and what I do if im on a cruise without a female companion

I don't think you can compare reading a book on a cruise - with playing Rock Band in your cabin at 2 or 3 am!!! yes I can read a book at home - but instead I get to relax and read a book with an OCEAN VIEW - something that is impossible where I live!

As for the Rock Band 'activity' - I agree that noise like that late at night is bound to disturb someone and you will definitely have a 'visit' from Security.

And the nightclub does not have a 'dedicated' washroom to begin with - but there should be one nearby - and none of the washroom on board have attendants!

No worries Mr.Y, our son brought his Rock Band set on the Valor in Sept as he had just received The Beatles version the day before we sailed. He played quite a bit and security was never an issue. As a matter of fact many of the crew members joined him to play a few songs during the week. He's 16 and was in the room with his 20 year old sister. We spoke to the steward and the cabin occupants right next to them and across from them and let them know if it was too loud to call them and let them know. If they didn't settle down call us. No one ever called, imagine that!

Everyone has their own idea of relaxation, enjoy yourself.

Thanks DaDivaMom for the insight. I didn't know the Rock Band question would generate this quite a response.

As for the other dude that responded about the nightclub and bringing back a female companion we would like to thank him for his concern, but me and my hosses do quite fine at the clubs and don't need to worry about a postgame situation.

I don't think you can compare reading a book on a cruise - with playing Rock Band in your cabin at 2 or 3 am!!! yes I can read a book at home - but instead I get to relax and read a book with an OCEAN VIEW - something that is impossible where I live!

I understood your point to be, "Why go on a cruise ship just to play video games". It wasn't a debate about whether it would be disruptive to other guests depending on the volume and the time of day. I've read criticisms of passengers who watch their favourite TV show on board. All I'm saying is it is people's own vacation. It really should be up to them to decide what they will most enjoy doing. If you think it is awesome to read a book while having an ocean view, how can you not think another passenger shouldn't think the same thing about playing their favourite video game with the same ocean view?

I'm on the Inspiration. Anyone know if they have flat screens?

I was on the Inspiration in Sept 09 in an inside cabin. Our cabin did have a flatscreen (all on inspiration do I believe) was mounted on the wall. The connections were there, but at the back. I hooked up a small DVD player for DS cartoons and it was a PITA, but do-able.

I'm extremely easy to get along with. Even enjoy a good party now and then.

My neighbors on a cruiseship playing RockBand at 2 or 3am? :eek: Security is getting called.

I don't usually get back to my cabin until 1 or 2 but I'd be on the phone myself.

Archived