Gratuities

RaMar

For my upcoming cruise on the GEM, my TA asked me if I would like to have the gratuities prepaid so I agreed. Does anyone know if this shows on the e-docs? Has anyone done this before? Thanks for any input.

It does. I usually wait till I'm on the ship, just in case.

Very good advice. Why give somebody YOUR money until you need to.

These are also know as service charges. If you want to get into a long heated and pretty much discussion about this, scroll down through the postings from the past few days. This gets beat to death on a regular basis. Actually, the topic of prepaying comes up often as well.

Very good advice. Why give somebody YOUR money until you need to.

I agree, I don't see any advantage to me for paying early. We are going to have to settle accounts at the end of the cruise anyway, why not wait until then?

I do see an advantage for NCL when we pay early, perhaps if they gave early payers a glass of free champagne when they boarded?:D

If I'm reading response 2 correctly he's saying it does show up on the e-docs. I'll be making final payment next week and I'll be pre-paying the DSC so I won't know until then. (And FWIW I am pre-paying the DSC because I have a limited credit line on my credit card. By pre-paying the DSC I have more room on the card for other things.)

If I'm reading response 2 correctly he's saying it does show up on the e-docs. I'll be making final payment next week and I'll be pre-paying the DSC so I won't know until then. (And FWIW I am pre-paying the DSC because I have a limited credit line on my credit card. By pre-paying the DSC I have more room on the card for other things.)

Thanks for pointing it out.

For my upcoming cruise on the GEM, my TA asked me if I would like to have the gratuities prepaid so I agreed. Does anyone know if this shows on the e-docs? Has anyone done this before? Thanks for any input.

No it does not. I am looking at mine as I type this to be sure. In fact it doesn't show anywhere until you calculate your cruise price and the total you have paid and see that they are different. It will appear when you get on board.

No it does not. I am looking at mine as I type this to be sure. In fact it doesn't show anywhere until you calculate your cruise price and the total you have paid and see that they are different. It will appear when you get on board.

Thanks for your response because I was looking at my e-docs and couldn't see them anywhere.

Mine did not show on board. It was never mentioned. I found it much easier to settle my account because the charge is not added daily.

It was not on e-docs. It was on the e-mail that was sent after payment. I copied it and carried it with me in case there was an issue. Whether you pay or not ahead is totally personal choice--for me it was easier and I l liked not having to deal with it. Others feel differently.

Mine did not show on board. It was never mentioned. I found it much easier to settle my account because the charge is not added daily.

I am curious what you mean by that, why would it be easier to settle your account since you KNOW it is added daily anyway?

You know what the total for DSC is going in they don't change it daily, I just don't understand your comment?

Yes, I have done this before....and no, it does not appear on your edocs.

Prepaid service charges will appear on your "Amenity Confirmation". If you do not already have one, just ask your PCC or your Travel Agent (whichever you use) to send you a copy.

That's unacceptable. Don't ever pre-pay, ever

;)

Going back on the SKY again soon, aren't you?

Yes, I have done this before....and no, it does not appear on your edocs.

Prepaid service charges will appear on your "Amenity Confirmation". If you do not already have one, just ask your PCC or your Travel Agent (whichever you use) to send you a copy.

Thanks for the info.

I am curious what you mean by that, why would it be easier to settle your account since you KNOW it is added daily anyway?

You know what the total for DSC is going in they don't change it daily, I just don't understand your comment?

I meant it is easier to read the account statement without the DSC added every day (X2). Last cruise I prepaid and my statement was 1 page. Cruise before that I did not prepay and the statement was 3 pages.

Archived