Dinner Jacket ???

seadancer

Be prepared to stand out from the crowd!;) If you have attended to the details and look sharp, you will receive many admiring glances from ladies, furtive or obvious as the case may be!! Personally, I would find it very handsome!

Thank you Ladies

I used to hate dressing up but is becoming an obsession of sorts:p . I too have always admired the white dinner jacket from afar but never had a reason or want for buying one but am starting to discover I may have been denying myself far to long. I think a trip to the tailors is in order.

Thanks Again

Jeff

Good for you! Believe me, there is just nothing quite like seeing a man dressed in a tux or dinner jacket unless it is a Military uniform!

I think my husband looks wonderful in his tux and I am so proud to be seen strolling the Promenade deck with him. We have even decided to go formal the first night of our cruise this time since it is actually Valentine's day. Will most likely be the only ones, but that's OK.

As one other poster told you, be prepared to stand out. Not many people dress formal any more, so be ready to accept many compliments from your fellow passengers during the evening.

A little off track, but as everyone knows how casual it is here in Florida, we went to the theater this evening to see a play, and the only person that I saw with a coat and tie on other than my husband was the actor who was playing "Mark Twain"!:D

Yes, I think you have made a good decision!:)

Funny Drews wife how things are different by state. I was at the theatre this afternoon in CT and do you know that I felt like it was evening with most of the ladies dressed wonderfully and many in minks... So much fun!!

LOL, I guess mink is not an option for you

Yes, it's true. Most of the women were dressed very nice, but I guess they just couldn't get their poor husbands out of the casual clothing. At least they were not in shorts!:eek:

Then I have to remind myself that most of these people are here for only a few months of the year and may not even pack a few dress clothes.:confused:

As far as minks, no that's not an option here...would probably be a little too warm.:) So what play did you see?

Yes' date=' it's true. Most of the women were dressed very nice, but I guess they just couldn't get their poor husbands out of the casual clothing. At least they were not in shorts!:eek: [/quote']

That happens too often. The women look lovely and the men look like slobs. I often see it on television shows when people go on dates. The girl is in a sexy cute dress and Mr. Slob throws a button down shirt over his tee shirt.

You say "poor" husband....I would change that word to "clueless" husband.

DH and I attend the ballet often - we were there last night - and the audience is always well dressed, as opposed to the typical Broadway Show audience who often attend looking like they're dressed to do Sat. chores. But then, Broadway show audiences are mostly tourists, while ballet and opera audiences are mostly locals.

Archived