Honestly: Have you ever cried when you had to get off the ship for the last time?

I also boo hoo every time we leave Hawaii.

Me, too! Over the years, Maui has almost become a second home to us. The morning of departure, I'm always a bit melancholy and shed more than a tear or two.

When I was a kid, I used to cry before leaving cruise ships. That last dinner always made me so sad. But, I rarely get sad leaving a ship any more.

There have been two cruises that I have cried on because I was stuck on the ship! :eek: One was NCL's Majesty on its first sailing out of Charleston. (Why I didn't leave that ship in one of the ports still confuses me.) The second was the Island Princess coming home from Hawaii. (I got Noro so bad that if we had had another port, I'd have ditched the ship for a hospital and an airplane flight home. Instead, I had 3 days of sickness at sea. I cried a lot during that episode...and I also swore off cruises that went 4 days without access to land!)

I always get weepy when packing the last day. DH gets me a cocktail and leaves me alone for a few and then Im okay.

Last week when we were on the Mariner I cried all day on Sat. This was the first cruise since my Parents passed away, and I was thinking about how I always called my Mom to tell her how our trip was, and how excited she was that I was home because she missed me so much. I still get weepy thinking about it now.

I love my life, but I really love my life when Im on a cruise ship.

English in Spain,

I am like you, I get tearful at the start of the cruise. I am so excited that I am going to be on a ship again. I just love all the time, especially being at sea.

Unlike you, I usually cry like a baby when it is time to leave, I try to keep it to myself but DH spots it some and says something funny to make me laugh.

I just feel very blessed to be able to cruise.

Just about every time. Sometimes subtly, sometimes not so much. I just try not to make a spectacle of myself.

I also sat inn the cab on the way to the airport our last time in Mexico with tears running down my face for the entire 20 minute ride. I don't cry pretty, I get all red and blotchy, so I'm sure I looked just lovely checking in at the airport. :o

Everytime! I'm glad I'm not the only one. DH thinks I'm silly. You just anticipate and plan for it soooo much and it goes by so quickly.

I do it because the cruise is always so relaxing - you don't have to worry about what's for dinner or having to cook it, no running around picking up and dropping off kids, the cell phones don't work - and then when it's over it's back to reality. Brings tears to my eyes as I think about it and I'm not even on our ship yet!:)

Archived