What to do in Bermuda on sunday?

teaach

• 2 weeks later...

My H and I went to Bermuda last year on the NCL Spirit out of Boston, we plan on taking another cruise there this coming May. The Spirit docks at King's Wharf on Sunday, so that's our first day there. Last year we explored the Dockyard area. The attractions and shops there are open on Sundays. There's also a Maritime Museum, which has the most amazing views of the harbor and ocean, we thought it was well worth the $10 admission. They also have the Dolphin Experience there. We didn't pay to do the full dolphin experience, but we did see them swimming around their cove:) The Dockyard has the Clocktower Mall, and there is also a craft mall, a rum cake factory, and a drugstore for picking up snacks and sundries. There is a small beach there called Snorkel Park, which gets mixed reviews. It is our understanding that the public beaches are accessable on Sunday, but you may want to keep in mind there is limited bus and ferry service on the weekend. I think the buses to the beaches were available as we got off the cruise ship on Sunday, we didn't use them that day though so I am not 100% sure. The spring/summer bus/ferry schedules should be available in March sometime, the company that runs public transport is called seaexpress. Right now they have their winter schedule up, so we can't start planning with that yet;)

We heard many people from our cruise ship complaining that they took the ferry or a bus into Hamilton on Sunday only to find almost everything there closed. The shops around Bermuda aren't open on Sunday, just in the Dockyard. I am not sure about other attractions, such as the Aquarium and the Caves. I think they may be closed on Sunday. I'll post a reply when I find out anything further.

Cheers!

Lorie

The the #7 bus to Horseshoe beach for the day. The most gorgous beach anywhere. Our favorite in bermuda.

We do alot of walking and took a nice walk around Kings wharf area. You can also visit snorkel park beach which is a 5 minute walk from your ship. I'm wondering if the clock tower mall will be open at kings wharf since the ship docks there ? There really isn't much there shopping wise, Hamilton is a ferry ride away for the best shopping in BDA.

Just enjoy, it's so beautiful there.

Here's what I do.

Wake up at 11:30am sharp. (Don't want to waste the day) Head out to find a place that serves codfish n potatoes, the traditional Bermuda Sunday breakfast. They do a decent one at Beethoven's. After all that salty codfish I'm good n thirsty so I head out to a licensed establishment for post-breakfast refreshment. By around 3pm we usually head out to a beach or park for a wander. If you're a regular at the bar, they let you do a "take-out" which the liquor licensing authority frowns upon, but I ain't no angel, even on a Sunday. By 6, one or more of a few things happens to end our outdoors time. 1. The beer has run out. 2. Sunburnt or 3. The police have shown concern about our ability to behave in public. 4. Someone needs emergency medical treatment. 1 and 4 are popular. After that, it's back to a bar/restaurant for cool-down beverages and dinner. Once it has been decided that our wit has peaked, it's time to talk to tourists. Home by 3am, sick day on Monday.

Hope this helps

The the #7 bus to Horseshoe beach for the day. The most gorgous beach anywhere. Our favorite in bermuda.

We do alot of walking and took a nice walk around Kings wharf area. You can also visit snorkel park beach which is a 5 minute walk from your ship. I'm wondering if the clock tower mall will be open at kings wharf since the ship docks there ? There really isn't much there shopping wise, Hamilton is a ferry ride away for the best shopping in BDA.

Just enjoy, it's so beautiful there.

The stores in Hamilton are closed on Sunday...and the shopping there isn't what it used to be anyway since the big department stores closed a few years ago.

Here's what I do.

Wake up at 11:30am sharp. (Don't want to waste the day) Head out to find a place that serves codfish n potatoes, the traditional Bermuda Sunday breakfast. They do a decent one at Beethoven's. After all that salty codfish I'm good n thirsty so I head out to a licensed establishment for post-breakfast refreshment. By around 3pm we usually head out to a beach or park for a wander. If you're a regular at the bar, they let you do a "take-out" which the liquor licensing authority frowns upon, but I ain't no angel, even on a Sunday. By 6, one or more of a few things happens to end our outdoors time. 1. The beer has run out. 2. Sunburnt or 3. The police have shown concern about our ability to behave in public. 4. Someone needs emergency medical treatment. 1 and 4 are popular. After that, it's back to a bar/restaurant for cool-down beverages and dinner. Once it has been decided that our wit has peaked, it's time to talk to tourists. Home by 3am, sick day on Monday.

Hope this helps

I like the "up at 11:30 AM sharp" part. A man after my own sleeping chamber heart. The "home by 3 AM, sick day on Monday" wouldn't work for me at all (especially on departure day, LOL), but some of that stuff in between sounds pretty good :cool:

Here's the Swizzle Inn homepage: http://swizzleinn.com/index.html

where it says it is open daily.

The original Swizzle Inn is located at Bailey's Bay, a ferry ride plus a route #10 or #11 bus ride away and back.

They have opened a Swizzle Inn branch on the South Shore. The address is 87 South Shore Rd Warwick. This is a route #7 bus ride away and back.

The picture on the homepage is the original.

I would suggest buying a bus pass - very convenient.

SBtS

Archived