Liquor Set ups in rooms?

Poskashflo

Hi Wendy,

We will be in a regular suite -- who do we ask????

Sheila

Your room steward. All this means is that you don't have the opportunity to put your request online before boarding (which you do if you are in a butler-serviced suite). Simple: when you meet your steward/stewardess, just tell him/her what you would like and it will magically appear.

• 1 month later...

Good to know.

Is there a link anywhere to the inclusive brands...

Pretty much everyone in our group are martini and gimlet drinkers..

wine, prosecco, and maybe an ocassional stinger or B&B after dinner...

so we are easy to please.

Gosh I don't believe so.

The cabin stewardess brought this color coded laminated card for us to look at showing what was available by types of liquor.

After looking at it and deciding what we wanted she took it with her to show the next cabin

requesting their set up.

I always choose a blended whisky and choices were Crowne Royal and Canadian Club.

DW usually chooses vodka and normally picks Grey Goose, or 2 other comparable brands to pick from. (I can't remember the names).

I'm not a import beer drinker so always ask that they remove what is in the refrigerator and

put in good ole Bud Light. I know I am probably strange but I find them to bitter for my taste.

Below are the "standard" brands (taken from the Butler Form)

VODKA

Smirnoff

Absolute

Stolichnaya

SCOTCH

Cutty Sark

Dewar's

Johnnie Walked Red label

GIN

Gordon's

Beefeater

Tanqueray

BOURBON

Jim Beam

CANADIAN WHISKEY

Canadian Club

RUM

Bacardi Light

Meyers Dark

However, as mentioned above, I know that you can get a bottle of Grey Goose or Chopin and other premium brands if requested.

We've found you can get pretty much any liquor in your cabin that you can get at the bar (except the stuff for which they charge extra). I think you're normally allowed three bottles and the champagne that's usually there on arrival counts as one of them. We usually send that back with our request for a bottle each of single malt scotch (usually Dalmore), Chopin, and Grand Marnier. No problems with that technique so far.

Betsy likes a liqueur on ice after dinner. We never saw a list; we requested Frangelico and a Creme de Cocoa, and they appeared shortly. She ran out of the Frangelico before the cruise was over, requested another, and it was promptly delivered.

As for me, my tastes are a bit more simple -- I briefly mentioned, in the hearing of the stewardess, that I wished the in-cabin fridge had Diet Pepsi instead of Diet Coke. I have no idea where she got it, but almost magically, my fridge never ran out of Diet Pepsi again. I almost hate to mention that, because it may not always be available. Combine that with the hot popcorn that was available at movie parties, and I was in heaven. We never stayed to watch the movie; just filled a box with popcorn and took it back to the cabin.

Is there an issue with "too much"? On our Mariner trans-Pacific in December in a regular suite we had no problem as we barely got through the JW Black and the Grey Goose we requested. However, shipboard friends, also in a regular suite, got told that they could have no more of the white wine they were ordering after the second or third bottle on the 19 night cruise. They felt like "naughty children".

It was the more so when they were told they could get their wine through room service, provided it was ordered along with some food. Maybe this reflects the limits the steward holds but it is a case of "the system" coming beofre the needs of the guest.

Wow, that wine thing sounds weird. Although I think back in the "old days" they were fairly tight-fisted about additional bottles, I have had the impression recently that things flow freely. After all, if you order room service dinner you can ask for bottles of red and white, so why bother limiting wine, particularly?

That being said, we barely crack open our in-suite booze. Our last trip, 14-days on Voyager, I had a nice bottle of Chardonnay, and I didn't even open it. Nor the bottle of gin--just couldn't manage it, and we are definitely not non-drinkers!

Is there an issue with "too much"? On our Mariner trans-Pacific in December in a regular suite we had no problem as we barely got through the JW Black and the Grey Goose we requested. However, shipboard friends, also in a regular suite, got told that they could have no more of the white wine they were ordering after the second or third bottle on the 19 night cruise. They felt like "naughty children".

It was the more so when they were told they could get their wine through room service, provided it was ordered along with some food. Maybe this reflects the limits the steward holds but it is a case of "the system" coming beofre the needs of the guest.

Are you sure it wasn't THAT particular wine that they ran out of, or that they had a limited supply of and wanted to keep on hand for others?

Don, You do realize that room service will deliver popcorn to your room at any time, right?

Debbie

No, I didn't realize that -- I might have run the poor room service folks ragged! It doesn't take much to keep me happy...:rolleyes:

So, now I learn we could have had a bottle in our room. I thought that perk went only to the butler cabins. I had no idea you could request a bottle like in the old days. Oh well. Thanks Cruise Critic pals for letting me know and here this was our 6th Seven Seas cruise.

Ann

Are you sure it wasn't THAT particular wine that they ran out of, or that they had a limited supply of and wanted to keep on hand for others?

I just checked with my friend and here is what he wrote to me:

"Your comment on the CC board is accurate, though it was champagne and not white wine—but isn’t champagne just sparkling white wine? Of course after I included a comment to the concierge on the mid-cruise comment form, we were told we could have all the champagne we wanted. But you are correct; we did feel like we were being naughty—a great description."

So I can only claim about 7 out of 10 for accuracy. ;) I think it is a case of Regent having rules to keep guests from "hoarding" booze but being a little too doctrinaire in their application.

You have lots to keep you happy. Betsy, on the other hand, is obviously easily amused.

Ah, you noticed! (We sailed with Ka Honu in January. People often say they want to meet me, but having done so, they are quickly disillusioned. However, they are always taken with Betsy, who fortunately has remained amused with me :rolleyes:).

Archived