Airline?

fitty

Which Airline would you fly from the US to Lisbon, Portugal? Coming from Pittsburgh,PA. We could use a domestic Airline or Tap Portugal, Lufthansa or Air Canada. Taking into consideration, realibility and comfort does anyone have a preference one way or another or is it what ever is available and price that decides? Thanks.:confused:

I did TAP Portugal. The service was about average but the price was much less than the others. I had the advantage of being able to take a train to Newark, so connections from Pittsburgh might be a problem for you. As with all airline connections these days I'd strongly suggest arriving a day early, as problems can occur with any airline.

Which Airline would you fly from the US to Lisbon, Portugal? Coming from Pittsburgh,PA. We could use a domestic Airline or Tap Portugal, Lufthansa or Air Canada. Taking into consideration, realibility and comfort does anyone have a preference one way or another or is it what ever is available and price that decides? Thanks.:confused:

I've never flown Tap but I fly Air Canada all the time and often on US airlines. I would take AC over any of the US carriers I have been on but if you can get a direct flight on Lufthansa to Lisbon I would definately take Lufthansa. If you have to do a connector through Frankfurt, it isn't worth it.

Not sure what part of Ohio you are from but if you are from the north I would suggest a drive to Toronto and then a direct flight on either Lufthansa or AC. You can also take a connector on AC to Toronto. The Toronto airport is brand new and very efficent. You can also clear US customs in Toronto on your return.

Thank you both for your replys. I will definitely look into Air Canada and Lufthansa as we are from the Cleveland Area so can use either Pittsburgh or Cleveland airports. Will consider driving to Toronto. You are right, so far Tap Portugal has been least expensive. Not sure in this case if cheapest is best for us. Thank you again.:)

We have flown to Lisbon many times using different carriers but have found that Continental, FLT 64 out of Newark to be the best. It arrives in Lisbon a little after 8 AM and gives you a full day to enjoy the city. Also, if you are staying in a Hotel somewhere near the city center, you can avoid the high cost of a taxi by taking the AERO bus from the AP for 3.50 Euros each.

I'm glad to hear the Continental out of Newark is good... I (along with 5 others) will be taking this flight at the end of April. I flew first class between Portland/Newark on Continental a few years ago and was so impressed with the service I've been meaning to try Continental again... will be interesting to see how different Coach is. :rolleyes:

Additionally, I don't have much info to share with respect to the OP's question, except to say I have flown Lufthansa before (Portland-Franfurt-Paris), and was really impressed with their planes & service. I'd fly them again in a hearbeat.

I'm glad to hear the Continental out of Newark is good... I (along with 5 others) will be taking this flight at the end of April. I flew first class between Portland/Newark on Continental a few years ago and was so impressed with the service I've been meaning to try Continental again... will be interesting to see how different Coach is. :rolleyes:

Hugely different. Just got back from a trip to Madrid on CO. Trip out was awful. Coach really cramped and crowded (I am used to E+ on UA). FAs were some of the worst I've had over the last few years. Food inedible.

Return trip much better; highly advise if you fly Y on CO, get yourself to a computer and do online check-in immediately at the 24 hour mark, and nab yourself a seat in the exit row. Your body will thank you for the extra legroom. Also, consider ordering a special meal. I am not too eager to try CO again.

Archived