Any FLL hotel offer free shuttle to Miami Port?

stefyo

Anyone know if there is a hotel in FLL that will provide free transport to Miami Port??

No.

You'll have to pay to get to Miami, and there are many options.

Some hotels charge for the service, or there are shuttle, town car, and limo services that will be able to transport you.

Another option is renting a car and driving down.

Good Luck!

I'm going to jump onboard this thread too. I am flying into FLL in the late evening and then cruising the next day. I think I would like to stay in FLL, then get to Miami for my cruise the next day. Can anyone recommend a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that offers a for pay shuttle, or just a good hotel, and then a shuttle company I could use?

pick any hotel in the area...there are many....read thru this thread.

then try quality limo or sas transportation....or even take a hotel shuttle back to the airport and get the go shuttle...

here are a couple...

hampton inn fll airport

springhill suites dania

courtyard FLL airport/cruiseport

hyatt place (there are 2-north which is on 17th near a grocery store and more, and south which is newer-not sure about the area....i think both have shuttles)

I am researching our options for getting to Miami (POM) from FLL too. I have found hotels that have cruise and stay packages that include transport to the pier at POM. The Hampton Inn has a package adverstised and they include a nice hot breakfast. Across the street is the Hilton Garden Inn that also has a stay,eat and cruise package, but their rates for the summer haven't opened yet.

We are beginning to think that a private transfer service (and there are SO MANY to choose from) is the route we'll go. It's PRIVATE so you know that you will get picked up at the designated time and go straight to the pier. You do not have to do a milk run and go to various hotels to pick up other passengers or wait for the shuttle to fill. I believe that is what the hotels use to shuttle people down in their packages. I could be wrong, best thing to do is to call the hotel directly and ask.

I am researching our options for getting to Miami (POM) from FLL too. I have found hotels that have cruise and stay packages that include transport to the pier at POM. The Hampton Inn has a package adverstised and they include a nice hot breakfast. Across the street is the Hilton Garden Inn that also has a stay,eat and cruise package, but their rates for the summer haven't opened yet.

We are beginning to think that a private transfer service (and there are SO MANY to choose from) is the route we'll go. It's PRIVATE so you know that you will get picked up at the designated time and go straight to the pier. You do not have to do a milk run and go to various hotels to pick up other passengers or wait for the shuttle to fill. I believe that is what the hotels use to shuttle people down in their packages. I could be wrong, best thing to do is to call the hotel directly and ask.

which hampton inn did you find had that package? i found one but it provided transport to port everglades and not miami.

I'm going to jump onboard this thread too. I am flying into FLL in the late evening and then cruising the next day. I think I would like to stay in FLL, then get to Miami for my cruise the next day. Can anyone recommend a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that offers a for pay shuttle, or just a good hotel, and then a shuttle company I could use?

For me-- I would rather do my traveling all at once.

Get a hotel in Miami so all I have to do is get up, shower, eat breakfast and be waiting to get onboard in 20 minutes.

FLL to Miami is about 45 minute drive== i can be onboard eating my lunch by then

We flew into FLL last summer and stayed at the SpringHill Suites by the airport. Rooms were great. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel was free. We used SAS Transportation to the POM the next morning. I e-mailed Steve a few weeks ahead of time, confirmed with him before I left and he called me the morning of our cruise to give us an update on his arrival time. We were on the pier by 11:15 and on board the Liberty OTS by 11:45. We also used him to get back to FLL after our cruise. Again, so simple. We were a group of 4 and it was $14 each for one way. You can e-mail Steve at ridesas.com.

which hampton inn did you find had that package? i found one but it provided transport to port everglades and not miami.

It is at the airport Hampton Inn and Suites FLL on Stirling Road. You do not see the package until after you start making your reservation online. Once you have typed in your dates a page pops up and it lists all the various packages at the hotel including the "Cruise Package" for the POM. Under the rate rules this info comes up:

Rate Type:POM Package-includes complimentary transportation

to/from the Fort Lauderdale-Airport. To Port of Miami Cruise Port the next day. Rate quoted for up to 4 person additional $10 each. Guest may confirm a maximum of 2 rooms for this package.

For me-- I would rather do my traveling all at once.

Get a hotel in Miami so all I have to do is get up, shower, eat breakfast and be waiting to get onboard in 20 minutes.

FLL to Miami is about 45 minute drive== i can be onboard eating my lunch by then

Serene do you have a favorite hotel in Miami..?

Serene do you have a favorite hotel in Miami..?

Not loyal to any one place- I go where its cheaper. We have always taken the last flight of the night out and arrive late. SO all I need is a place that is clean so we can sleep. Always had luck by the airport on priceline

Just booked the POM package at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Fort Lauderdale. Yes, POM package includes complimentary transportation to/from the Fort Lauderdale Airport. To Port of Miami Cruise Port the next day. Rate is for 4 people with each additional being $10 each. GREAT price....for 4 people our room is $220.89 for the night.

Sprout!!! I hope you read this...

I saw your post and thought that sounded like a GREAT deal. So, I went online at hampton inn.com. Sure enough, there is a "cruise package" that specifies transportation to the Port of Miami! Great, I thought, too good to be true, only $170 for a night for 4 of us including all of the transportation.

So I noticed that on the intinerary confirmation, it only says "cruise package"... nothing about Port ofMiami. I looked on the hotel's website... nothing about transportation to the Port of Miami. So, I called the hotel... they told me that they do NOT provide a shuttle to POM, only to Port Everglades. They will gladly call a 3rd party service to take you to POM, but there will be a charge and it's NOT included in any package!

They need to fix their website, it is VERY misleading.

Sprout...my PVP told me if I wanted to stay in Ft. Lauderdale and sail out of Miami, that Carnival will transfer you from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to the POM for about 30.00 but they will only pick up from the airport....you might want to check that out..

Just booked the POM package at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Fort Lauderdale. Yes, POM package includes complimentary transportation to/from the Fort Lauderdale Airport. To Port of Miami Cruise Port the next day. Rate is for 4 people with each additional being $10 each. GREAT price....for 4 people our room is $220.89 for the night.

Yikes, sounds like you better double check that. As BH said, no hotel offers transport to the POM - it's just too far. I suggest you get it in writing - wait, as I was typing that, I thought "it doesn't matter". If they won't drive you, then you're on the hook for the amount of the cab or shuttle fare anyway.

Please get back to us - this is very interesting.....

No Fort Lauderdale hotels offer a shuttle to the Port of Miami even for a fee.

The FLL Hilton Garden Inn has this on their website. It's pretty clear... are you saying this is false?

Miami Cruise Package

Sail away with the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport on your dream vacation.

Our Port of Miami Cruise Package includes :

• Overnight accommodations at our hotel
  • Package includes parking at our hotel while on your cruise
  • Package includes breakfast buffet
  • Package includes transportation to Port of Miami at 10:30am local time

There is no return transport after cruise with this package. shim.gifSpecial Offer Dates:shim.gifMay. 18, 2009 - May. 18, 2010shim.gifRates:shim.gifFrom 149/night USD

The FLL Hilton Garden Inn has this on their website. It's pretty clear... are you saying this is false?

Miami Cruise Package

Sail away with the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport on your dream vacation.

There is no return transport after cruise with this package. shim.gifSpecial Offer Dates:shim.gifMay. 18, 2009 - May. 18, 2010shim.gifRates:shim.gifFrom 149/night USD

I'd call and ask.

This is the deal. A shuttle from the FLL area to downtown Miami is going to tie up the hotel's shuttle for at least two hours if not longer. The hotel isn't making any money on this trip and probably has pissed off airport passengers waiting for the shuttle.

The $149 dollar rate? A shuttle for four to the POM from FLL will cost at least $60. It just doesn't make sense. Call the hotel.

Miami Cruise Package

I just checked on this and, as expected, you are paying MORE for this room than a regular room at the hotel, so the cost is built in.

The Miami Cruise Package rooms are at least $30 more per night than the same room without the transportation to Miami.

If you stay there more than one night, it is costing you more than booking a shuttle. Of course, the more people in the room, the better the deal if you all split the costs. :D

The downside is the rooms for our dates in April were $197 (plus tax of course) per night! :eek: I got a similar room at another hotel on Priceline for $70 per night, and was able to rent a car for 3 days for less than one night of the "crusie deal" room at the Garden Inn.

Just reporting what I found. Good Luck with whatever you choose!

• 3 years later...

UPDATE: our family of four is flying into FLL and cruising out of MIA. We found the following rate for 8/2014. Note - it clearly says transfers to/from POM. IF we used an outsite shuttle it's $20 per person = $160 so this $213 is clearly a better price.

Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

Rate Details CRUISE PKG - MIAMI

CRUISE PKG - PORT OF MIAMI BUFFET BREAKFAST - COMP PARKING AT HOTEL INCL ROUNDTRIP TRANSFERS TO/FROM PORT OF MIAMI

Room: 2 DOUBLE BEDS

$213

UPDATE: our family of four is flying into FLL and cruising out of MIA. We found the following rate for 8/2014. Note - it clearly says transfers to/from POM. IF we used an outsite shuttle it's $20 per person = $160 so this $213 is clearly a better price.

Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

Rate Details CRUISE PKG - MIAMI

CRUISE PKG - PORT OF MIAMI BUFFET BREAKFAST - COMP PARKING AT HOTEL INCL ROUNDTRIP TRANSFERS TO/FROM PORT OF MIAMI

Room: 2 DOUBLE BEDS

$213

You are still over paying. Last August I got the Renaissance for $68 which is a far superior hotel. I think you could come out way ahead booking something else.

August is a dead time of year in Fort Lauderdale.

Edited by BlueHerons

The Renaissance Ft Lauderdale doesn't offer transportation to the Port of Miami. Private transport is $80 each way = $160. The least expensive room today (12/11/2013) for a family of 4 is $119.

This brings the room at Renaissance plus transport to the Port of Miami to $279 before tax.

$213 at Hilton Garden Inn Ft Lauderdale includes round trip transport to Miami. The deal is on their website.