Be Truthful Now,who Really Skips Muster Drills?

cruiserforlife

Thinking that those that choose to skip the drill are the same that wear Levis in the dining rooms, wear casual during formal nights, let their kids take over the ship, remove their auto-tips and stiff the wait staff.... Just thinking... :confused: :confused: :)

Thinking that those that choose to skip the drill are the same that wear Levis in the dining rooms, wear casual during formal nights, let their kids take over the ship, remove their auto-tips and stiff the wait staff.... Just thinking... :confused: :confused: :)

Largin:

Can't say you may not have a point!! Can we do some sort of study on this (with grants, of course:D ).

Alice

I have never missed one or even thought about ducking out.....besides I am having too much fun being the person that all of you laugh at. I wear my lifejacket (properly because I've attended EVERY muster), play with my whistle (I don't really put it in my mouth...ew), and drink my frozen thingie while I'm waiting for YOU...yes YOU, you jerk! You're the one that always holds up sail away because you're sitting in your cabin on a whoopie cushion...And in the event of an emergency guess who will be assigned to row (even if they are motored powered)? Yeah, YOU....But that's only IF you find your way to a life boat and only IF we decide to let you on....

Largin:

Can't say you may not have a point!! Can we do some sort of study on this (with grants, of course:D ).

Alice

I'll be your first participant, for free ;). Although I think I'll skew your proposed theory.

I have worn jeans (clean and not torn but not Levi's) on island night in the Caribbean and on embarkation night in Alaska. However, we choose to cruise when there are few children (had some, now have a beautiful granddaughter and if we ever bring her cruising, she'll NOT be running amok) and always dress formally on formal night. We do not smoke on our balcony or hang lights or leave lights on or play music. We do not hog lounge chairs or use walkie-talkies and ALWAYS attend muster. We both check the signs on our hotel room doors for emergency exits, check out the sprinkler systems and smoke detectors and see which windows in tour buses pop out. I even read the emergency booklet on the back of airplane seats and always pay attention to the emergency drill on planes.

Boy this is such a fun thread and I'm amazed it hasn't been pulled yet.

I'm glad to see I'm now in the same category as wearing jeans in the dining room (never have),letting their kids run wild on the ship (don't have any kids,don't plan on it),and stiff the waitstaff by not tipping (never,never would think of it).I'm glad everyone who has posted here is so high and mighty that they now think they know me and can comment on me personally.

Good to know I'm viewed the same as an axe murderer or serial killer.I'm sure there are many others who would admit they have missed muster as well,I guess I was the only one too brave or too stupid (either way you want to view it is just fine with me) to admit it.

Cruiserforlife,

I am with you -- I too must be too stupid or brave because I, like you, actually admitted that I have missed muster!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I think I was the only one besides you -- hopefully you saw my post earlier in this thread! You are not alone!!!

Jamie

Boy this is such a fun thread and I'm amazed it hasn't been pulled yet.

I'm glad to see I'm now in the same category as wearing jeans in the dining room (never have),letting their kids run wild on the ship (don't have any kids,don't plan on it),and stiff the waitstaff by not tipping (never,never would think of it).I'm glad everyone who has posted here is so high and mighty that they now think they know me and can comment on me personally.

Good to know I'm viewed the same as an axe murderer or serial killer.I'm sure there are many others who would admit they have missed muster as well,I guess I was the only one too brave or too stupid (either way you want to view it is just fine with me) to admit it.

Seriously, now…I’m sure the response could have been predicted…

spingal,

I DID see your post...thanks for being brave too.We haven't murdered anyone,have we?

I have read every post but haven't responded much because I was waiting for the rock throwing to stop.

I do admit I haven't attended every muster drill but I don't think that makes me less of a human being.

Cruiserforlife,

Let's stick together! :D

I can handle the rock throwing! We are brave!!!

And as you can see from having read my post, I could help lead the muster drill after 12 cruises on Princess!!

Jamie

Coast Guard regulations and SOLAS (I am sure you know that this means "Safety of Life at Sea) require that the master of an ocean cruise ship periodically hold fire and lifeboat drills. They are intended not only to give the crew practice, but also to show the passengers how to act in the event of an emergency at sea. Passengers will participate fully in these drills. The timing and frequency of the drills depends in large part on the length of the voyage. On voyages that will last more than one week, the first drill will be held before the ship gets underway, with additional drills at least once a week thereafter for the crew. On voyages of one week or less, the drills must be held within 24 hours after leaving port.

Big deal if you know word for word what will be said during the Muster Drill and can zip on a lifejacket in 10 seconds or less. 15 minutes out of your cruise won't hurt. In this case "It is my vacation and I can do what I want" attitude won't fly..

Cruiserforlife,

Let's stick together! :D

I can handle the rock throwing! We are brave!!!

And as you can see from having read my post, I could help lead the muster drill after 12 cruises on Princess!!

Jamie

I will see you at Muster on our Hawaiin cruise, correct?? :D

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Caribbean Princess last month and did join the drill, unfortunately we found out that our kids did not join in the drill. Our kids, 20, 17 & 16 decided on their own that they were not going on the drill and would hide in their room. They had been forewarned that the stewards do check the rooms so the two boys hid under the bed and my daughter (20) hid under the desk. The room steward came in the room to turn down the beds, he didn't see the boys underneath the bed, but discovered my daughter hiding under the desk. Her reply to the steward was that she was playing a game with her brother. Needless to say, she learned her lesson, and she said she couldn't look her room steward in the eye the rest of the cruise.

Archived