Be Truthful Now,who Really Skips Muster Drills?

cruiserforlife

Never missed a drill cuz it's the right thing to do. Even though I hate standing out in the cold with a life jacket on, it's for our safety. Besides, you get to know people who are going to be in the same boat as you IF it should happen. :rolleyes:

that's one of the bonuses with Princess. You're not standing outside with a life jacket on.

You meet inside in one of the lounge areas, depending on where your cabin is. If you get to the muster drill early, you'll have a comfy seat. We try to get there later, so we are standing near the door and get out early.

Also, you should NOT put your lifejacket on until you are told to do so.

While they don't take roll call, they do take muster drill seriously and have a number of crew members available to demonstrate the proper way to put on a life jacket.

We always attend muster drill. It doesn't take long, makes sure you are familiar with how to get to your muster station without using elevators (there are aft and forward staircases you would never have noticed otherwise) and familiarizes each passenger with where their life jacket is located and how to wear it.

We ALWAYS go...If the crew who LIVE aboard ship are required to do it once a week..the least we can do is take 15 minutes out of a week of fun to go.. Important to us to see where we should be..just in case...

Besides..it's kind of amusing in a weird sort of way to see how the different cruise lines do it..how some passengers react to it and how others struggle with thier life jackets!

Unfortunately I have been on those ships that have role call. Those 15 minutes have turned into 45 while we wait on you guys having that nice cool drink. Gets kinda steamy in those life jackets when it is 100 degrees outside.

And talk about witchy women when we get hot...irate old geezers...whiny children...impatient men making loud obnoxious comments - when they drag you out in front of your fellow shipmates, make sure your wearing your life jacket.:D

In a true emergency, the crew will know who attended the muster drill, just as the the flight crew on an airline will know who was attentive to the pre-flight safety briefing. (Yes, they are paying attention to those of you frequent fliers who think you are above listening to it for the 8,000th time.) If you and another passenger in a similar situation or in similar condition are in need of care, you will be triaged below the passenger who was attentive, because you are less likely to survive. If you can live (so to speak) with that, then skip the muster drill and enjoy the 30 minutes of free time!

Never missed a muster, never would. To heck with the cruiseline making it mandatory - it's self-preservation!!

I fly constantly on business; half-a-million miles plus over 5 years, and I still review the exits on the diagram card in reference to where I'm sitting on every flight, every plane I take.

We always go. Just figure might as well be well informed. On RCI they take roll call and we waited a LONG time for one couple that didn't think they had to show up and the rest of us stood in the heat with our little orange vest waiting for them, to say the least we were not happy with them for not complying with the rules.

Cori

[quote name='cruiserforlife']OK,I admit it...I am usually holed-up in our room drinking champagne during muster.

I think I've only attended 1 muster in all my cruises.

Flame away if you wish,I know the drills and just personal can't be bothered.

Anyone else care to fess up?[/QUOTE]

have cruised 82 times and have attended all drills and hope to be able to do the same on the next 82

DH and I haven't missed one yet.

We think that the short time spent reinforcing safety procedures is well worth it. But sometimes the pure entertainment value is worth the time...you know, when people show up WEARING their life jacket...or complaining that they could be at a bar somewhere (when ALL the bars are CLOSED)...or...well you know what I'm saying.

That said I do prefer Princess' method of mustering in lounges rather than on deck like NCL and Carnival.

Here's another safety thing that I do when we stay in a hotel. I walk around my floor and find all the exits closests to our room. If the lights go off you can become disoriented real fast and not know which way to go. I make a mental note of which way to crawl on the floor along the wall to the exit door if the situation arises.

I've missed only one and that was on RCI when it took them well over 2 1/2 hours to check us in so that even though we arrived at embarkation just after 2PM, it was close to 5PM before we boarded. We were prepared to go to a make-up but they never contacted us.

[quote name='Eddie4Paws']Yup..I always go. I want to see if there are strong, hunky men on my life boat just in case we get stranded on a desert island... :D :D[/QUOTE]

As long as we are being politicly correct, are there any men looking for well endowed women too see if they really need a life jack .......BAMM. WHACK. OUCH!! A frying pan on the top of your head hurts!! Nevermind, like I was saying we never miss the munster's drill :D
Steve and ? Hey, honey where are you going ? :D

"Flame away if you wish,I know the drills and just personal can't be bothered."
[font=System][size=5][/size][/font]

[b][i][font=System][size=5][color=blue]Just a little advice, passed down from a very "smart" person. [u][color=red]' Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level - and beat you with experience !![/color][/u][/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]

Finding of the Court:

Question Number 5 (c)

Had a boat drill been held on board, and if so, when?
Answer (c) No

Recommendations:

16. That the men who are to man the boats should have more frequent drills than hitherto. That in all ships a boat drill, a fire-drill, a fire-drill and a watertight door drill should be held as soon as possible after leaving the original port of departure and at convenient intervals of not less than once a week during the voyage. Such drills to be recorded in the official log.

30th July 1912 by: British Board of Trade, Wreck Commisioner, Right Honourable, Lord Mersey

Concerning: loss of the RMS “Titanic”

Archived