Be Truthful Now,who Really Skips Muster Drills?

cruiserforlife

OK,I admit it...I am usually holed-up in our room drinking champagne during muster.

I think I've only attended 1 muster in all my cruises.

Flame away if you wish,I know the drills and just personal can't be bothered.

Anyone else care to fess up?

Sorry but I consider the mandatory safety drill part of the deal...kind of like formal wear on formal night

Princess makes it so easy too compared with some other lines that when DW drags me out of the cabin to attend it's pretty hard to argue not to.

No flames, just a nice start on a guilt trip! ;)

Missed the last one cause of getting on the ship after the muster was held! Did one cause it was my first cuise and didn't want to go down with the ship....skipped the middle one cause we couldn't find the place we were supposed to be...so one for three!

I personally don't understand why anyone would want to miss a safety drill that is just 15 -20 minutes out of your entire day. It is for your own good and you may just realize this if an emergency was really going to arise.

Well, when they don't wait for us to get on board before they have the drill...it kinda makes me feel it's really not that important to them! So, that makes it not real important for me..as if the ship starts to go down or has an emergency I won't remember what or where I;m supposed to go or do anyway...BUT, I do feel guilty!!! I promise to do better next time!

Roll call was taken on the Regal on our last cruise. Whistles were blown when groups were incomplete and attendants came by to check the rosters and look for the missing people. It actually held things up when all people were not accounted for. Get out there and make it easier on your fellow shipmates. JIMO. :)

Never missed a drill cuz it's the right thing to do. Even though I hate standing out in the cold with a life jacket on, it's for our safety. Besides, you get to know people who are going to be in the same boat as you IF it should happen. :rolleyes:

I always go. But then again, I like being told how to dress, when to eat, with whom I shall be dining, and who my servers will be. I also listen to airline safety drills with rapt attention, and try my best to feign interest without looking worried, just so the flight crew feels appreciated. :) :D :)

I always go. But then again, I like being told how to dress, when to eat, with whom I shall be dining, and who my servers will be. I also listen to airline safety drills with rapt attention, and try my best to feign interest without looking worried, just so the flight crew feels appreciated. :) :D :)

I bet your wife is a very happy woman!!! I am going to make my husband read your post!

I wouldn't be so sure. Like most men, I married better than my wife. :)

Hmmmnn...I'm very happy...does that mean my husband married "beneath" himself? Ha.. Probably not...Anyway, back to the subject! I will make sure we do muster from now on!

OK,I admit it...I am usually holed-up in our room drinking champagne during muster.

I think I've only attended 1 muster in all my cruises.

Flame away if you wish,I know the drills and just personal can't be bothered.

Anyone else care to fess up?

I really think this is a dangerous attitude. Again, it’s the “customer is always right”/”it’s my vacation, I can do what I want” thing. First, not being bothered about issues of safety is reckless behavior. Second, whether or not you’re prepared to leave a ship in trouble, others may not be and not attending muster sends a bad message.

Travel by ship may be entirely safe, but the law of averages says that someday one of these 3000 passenger vehicles is going to be in trouble. Evacuations at sea happen and have happened in the recent past. If you’re not going to muster, you’re contributing to possible injury and death. Many indicate they know what to do in an emergency – and I would submit that attending muster is a great way to refresh your memory and skills. The crew on board knows what to do and they drill about once a week.

Nope don't miss them, since it is what mature people do. But then I am a CPR instructor so safety is pretty important to me.

To those of you that tihink that they are going to forget what they are suppose to do in an emergency:

After teaching CPR for over 5 years I have experienced and heard that when you are faced with an emergency you "hear" the insturctor's voice walking you through that senerio.:eek: I can't even count how many CPR I have had students that have experieced that phemonoma.

Besides, I like to take pictures of us in our "gear" for the scrapbook. :cool:

I personally don't get people that refuse to spare 15 minutes of their time to ensure the safety of not only themselves but the safety of their fellow passengers.

I work in a Hospital and we all roll our eyes when it comes to our annual fire training session as we all know that only a small percentage of us will ever have to use that knowledge. However, if the one hour of repetitive training I receive may one day save somebody's life then it's worth it.

D.

Archived