cancelling and rebooking???

tlm48

Hoping some of the expert cruisers on here can enlighten me on some of Princess policies.

My girlfriend and I booked a balcony cabin for April 3 (holiday/easter).

now our boyfriends would like to come as well, but one cant get the holiday week off work. So we might have to cancel and rebook with 2 balcony cabins on the week before or immediately after.

will Princess be pleased to sell two cabins instead of one? or will there be horrible fees associated with this change?

thanks for your help in advance.

If you haven't made your final payment yet, or passed your final payment date, then there won't be any fees to cancel and rebook a different date. If you have, or you wait until after that date, then the regular cancellation fees will be charged, even if you turn right around and book a different date. They don't make acceptions to this rule. Sorry!

booked a balcony cabin for April 3 (holiday/easter). So we might have to cancel and rebook with 2 balcony cabins on the week before or immediately after. Will there be horrible fees associated with this change?

For a holiday cruise, you must cancel by 90 days from sailing to avoid penalty. Today is 65 days before sailing, so the cancellation penalty would be the deposit amount. In two days, it would be 50% of the total charges.

Assuming there are cabins available for the alternate date(s), if you used a knowledgable Travel Agent he/she could sweet talk Princess into allowing a switch in order to sell an additional cabin.

For a non-holiday cruise, cancellation must be by 75 days from sailing to avoid penalty, so you are still in the deposit amount penalty time.

When we booked, we just payed in full at the time. which was a week ago. thanks for your quick reply.

looking at the chart someone posted on here. It says according to dates that the fees would be the deposit. I have no idea how much deposit was required as we payed in full.

Hoping some of the expert cruisers on here can enlighten me on some of Princess policies.

now our boyfriends would like to come as well, but one cant get the holiday week off work. So we might have to cancel and rebook with 2 balcony cabins on the week before or immediately after.

will Princess be pleased to sell two cabins instead of one? or will there be horrible fees associated with this change?

If you booked through Princess directly and you are canceling before final payment there shouldn't be a charge to cancel. If you booked with a travel agent the agent may have a cancelation fee. Do you have to fly into port? The airlines don't like to cancel reservations and usually charge large fee's to cancel and rebook. Before you cancel do your homework. Figure out how much more it will cost to change airline reservation, and make sure that Princess can accommodate you on the sailing that want to switch to.

When we booked, we just payed in full at the time. which was a week ago. thanks for your quick reply.

looking at the chart someone posted on here. It says according to dates that the fees would be the deposit. I have no idea how much deposit was required as we payed in full.

Deposit amount is usually 20% of the cruise cost.

I would check with your TA or if you booked with Princess if you booked directly with them. If you don't ask you don't get, but just don't expect to get it. You are passed final payment so it really comes down to if someone will go that extra mile ( against the rules ) to do this. However the new sailing may be cheaper than the holiday sailing that you're currently booked on so you may get something back there. It's fun to travel with friends so I hope it works out for you.

Anthony

first look for the cruise you booked and check to see if your category is waitlisted. You may be able to change if they need the cabin. Either way call princess and see what will exactly be your penalty at this time. It doesn't hurt to ask, some people have been acommodated when a cruise is selling out.

Why not just book another balcony cabin instead of cx and then rebooking.

first look for the cruise you booked and check to see if your category is waitlisted. You may be able to change if they need the cabin. Either way call princess and see what will exactly be your penalty at this time. It doesn't hurt to ask, some people have been acommodated when a cruise is selling out.

One of the friends can't get the booked week off from work.

Why not just book another balcony cabin instead of cx and then rebooking.

Looks like one of their boyfriends can't get off from work that week.

I would call and talk to someone at Princess. My husband and I were booked on a cruise and wanted to change to another one after final payment was made. We booked through an online travel agency but had them call Princess and ask. We got the standard that we would have to cancel and rebook and eat the cost but I said the other cruise had more room and the one we were originally supposed to be on was waitlisted for others. Sure enough, the next day our travel agent called us and said Princess would switch us and we got a better room!! Doesn't hurt to try.

Wow! I can call them directly?? even if I booked with an agent?

I really like the sound of that one.

and Yes our BF guarantee is wait listed. they gave us a BC.

I recieved an email from the agent tonight stating the 10th of April is cheaper. and it will cost $369 total to cancel.

I will try calling Princess myself and state all the info about ``waitlisted and more vacancies and the extra cabin being booked`` and see what happens!! Thanks for all the info!!!

Remember, if you bought travel insurance, that will not transfer to your new booking, and you will have to buy it again. You didn't buy travel insurance?:eek: Ack! Buy it as soon as you get this straightened out!

Archived