Is the rest as X as good as Mercury?

JEDIKNIGHT

I realize Merc is the oldest and the new ships are more modern, advanced, etc so that's not what I'm asking about.

Recently finished my 1st X cruise on Mercury, and I was very impressed overall. The food most of the time was GREAT, and even better was the service. And I'm not just talking about the suite butler or attendant....but in general, be it at the front desk, on the room service phone, and many of the stir-fry cooks, Indian station, other buffet areas, waiters....they all seemed to truly want to make us happy.

I want to do another X cruise so I wanted to ask: Is the level of food and service I found on Mercury, the same on the other X ships?

Thanks.

We have been lucky enough to be on many of the Celebrity ships...and they are all wonderful...different looks and styles...but the same terrific service and caring attitude!! Go and enjoy!! Aren't we lucky that we can do that?? LuAnn

Have been on all the ships (except Eclipse) more than once. You will find some food quality differences ship to ship - I think it just all depends on who the current chefs are. But overall, if you liked the Mercury you should absolutely LOVE the other ships. I love Mercury (and all of Celebrity), but objectively I think she is at the bottom of the list of the Celebrity ships. So be prepared to be even more impressed when trying some of the other ships.:)

Our first Celebrity Cruise was on Mercury in '97 and have cruised all of the other classes and most of the ships - agree with the 'if you liked Mercury, you'll love the others'. We've gone back to her 3 times (coming up!) and still get a kick cruising Mercury, but I enjoyed the Station organization of the S-Class in the Buffet. No buffet lines, but stations for food types. Great set up. You don't have to stand in a long line to get to the specific things you want (or butt in!).

Also enjoyed the specialty restaurants on the M-Class and the S-Class. Although we love the MDR, we'll usually go for one night to a specialty restaurant.

So the others have more options which adds to the dining experience, and the MDR service and quality is comparable.

Try one, or even better, try them all!

Denny

Archived