Magic Transatlantic

Muumuu

The transatlantic will likely be Oct 28, 2011 from Barcelona. I'm axious to see the route, as that late in the season will be colder. I'd likely book ES and watch for fare drops as the TA's usually don't fill up as fast as other cruises. I hope they don't wait until Spring to announce this.

I too think it will be Oct. 28th. That's really not that late. We took the Liberty TA at that time and the weather was nice. We took a RCI TA in the middle of Nov. and the weather was not as good. Hoping to go on that TA as our Milestone. We will have at least 28 cruises with CCL in 6 years by then. We just found out you can take the milestone credits on any cruise after your 25th. We arw happy!

It will be Oct 28 from Barcelona to New Orleans. ;)

The Carnival Dream crossing began Oct 28th last year and the weather was fine until it started getting close to NYC. :p

So the new homeport for Carnival Magic will be New Orleans?

I too think it will be Oct. 28th. That's really not that late. We took the Liberty TA at that time and the weather was nice. We took a RCI TA in the middle of Nov. and the weather was not as good. Hoping to go on that TA as our Milestone. We will have at least 28 cruises with CCL in 6 years by then. We just found out you can take the milestone credits on any cruise after your 25th. We arw happy!

Hi - we had hoped to make that cruise our milestrone also, but would be over 25 by then - not happy that it looked like we would have to cancel carnival cruises & sub other brands to get it worked out. Who did you talk to about using any cruise after the 25th for your milestone cruise? Thanks, bots

Was on the Jan. 18th sailing of Ecstasy and the CD Steve said Carnival hopes to have 5 ships sailing from Texas. They are looking at Corpus Christie and Houston. Didn't say exactly when it would happen though.

Hi - we had hoped to make that cruise our milestrone also, but would be over 25 by then - not happy that it looked like we would have to cancel carnival cruises & sub other brands to get it worked out. Who did you talk to about using any cruise after the 25th for your milestone cruise? Thanks, bots

I originally talked to my PVP who quoted me back the corporate page. I had read on a thread that a poster was taking their milestone award on their 27th cruise so I asked my PVP to research more. He called the milestone department then called me back with his info. The milestone lady said that a letter would be sent out to the passenger after the 24th cruise informing him/her of the award. She also said it is up to the passenger to request this award. It can be on the 25th cruise but does not have to be used on that cruise. Her statement was that it can be on the 27th, 29th, they don't care. We will use our milestone credit before our 30th so I did not ask if there was a back end limit/ a no later than cruise number.

What is the milestone credt?

I originally talked to my PVP who quoted me back the corporate page. I had read on a thread that a poster was taking their milestone award on their 27th cruise so I asked my PVP to research more. He called the milestone department then called me back with his info. The milestone lady said that a letter would be sent out to the passenger after the 24th cruise informing him/her of the award. She also said it is up to the passenger to request this award. It can be on the 25th cruise but does not have to be used on that cruise. Her statement was that it can be on the 27th, 29th, they don't care. We will use our milestone credit before our 30th so I did not ask if there was a back end limit/ a no later than cruise number.

What is the milestone credt?

You get a Milestone Reward when you hit certain cruises

25th equals 25% off one cruise

50th equals 50% off one cruise

75th equals 75% off one cruise

100th equals 100% off one cruise (up to 8 days)

We are fixing to go on our 21st so we are getting close also.

Dave

The transatlantic will likely be Oct 28, 2011 from Barcelona. I'm axious to see the route, as that late in the season will be colder. I'd likely book ES and watch for fare drops as the TA's usually don't fill up as fast as other cruises. I hope they don't wait until Spring to announce this.

I was on the Dream TA in October/November and it was warm all the way

across the Atlantic except for the last day, which we ended up in a

tropical storm.

• 4 months later...
I was on the Dream TA in October/November and it was warm all the way

across the Atlantic except for the last day, which we ended up in a

tropical storm.

Hey JP! How are you?? It's been ages!

You have to admit, that Nor'easter from Bermuda to NYC on the Dream TA was AWESOME! With +60ft seas, even the Lark Scooter riders looked like drunken sailors! We sat in the Piano Bar and watched the martinis spill over the sides... :p

You planning to jump on the Magic TA as soon as they announce it? Us too! YAY ~ REUNION CRUISE!!!

Was on the Jan. 18th sailing of Ecstasy and the CD Steve said Carnival hopes to have 5 ships sailing from Texas. They are looking at Corpus Christie and Houston. Didn't say exactly when it would happen though.

I have heard that many times. But it won't happen anytime soon, it is more of a long term plan kind of deal.

Not to worry....you can use it on any cruise you want to. You do not have to use it on your 25th cruise.

They mail you a certificate and you apply it to any cruise (I believe) within 18 or 24 months.

If we get to cruise the Magic in June (still between that one and Princess)...we will be using a 50th Milestone OBC!!! woo hoo

I've dreamed of taking a TA... and if the price is right, I may take three weeks off and go with the TA and Maiden cruise from Galveston!!! (... or Bayport... :p That's where I'm hoping!!!) (Oh and since I'm making plans... I think we'll sail to Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya... :rolleyes:)

I've dreamed of taking a TA... and if the price is right, I may take three weeks off and go with the TA and Maiden cruise from Galveston!!! (... or Bayport... :p That's where I'm hoping!!!) (Oh and since I'm making plans... I think we'll sail to Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya... :rolleyes:)

Ooh. Some new ports from Galveston!:D

Yep, todays rumour is that it is a "toss up" between Galveston and New Orleans for the MAGIC's home port. :D BUT just because either of them may be the home post does not mean that the TA will go directly there. The DREAM is in Florida but our TA in 2009 was to NYC. I really don't care - I will be on the TA from Spain to ????? USA on Oct 28th 2012. I know that a lot of the those who were on the DREAM will be on the MAGIC too. I have also spoken with a few who were on the FREEDOM TA, Rome to Miami, in 2007, and they will also book for a "reunion" cruise.

Yep, todays rumour is that it is a "toss up" between Galveston and New Orleans for the MAGIC's home port. :D BUT just because either of them may be the home post does not mean that the TA will go directly there. The DREAM is in Florida but our TA in 2009 was to NYC. I really don't care - I will be on the TA from Spain to ????? USA on Oct 28th 2012. I know that a lot of the those who were on the DREAM will be on the MAGIC too. I have also spoken with a few who were on the FREEDOM TA, Rome to Miami, in 2007, and they will also book for a "reunion" cruise.

Isn't that Oct 28, 2011???

Archived