Magic Transatlantic

Muumuu

Yep, todays rumour is that it is a "toss up" between Galveston and New Orleans for the MAGIC's home port. :D BUT just because either of them may be the home post does not mean that the TA will go directly there. The DREAM is in Florida but our TA in 2009 was to NYC. I really don't care - I will be on the TA from Spain to ????? USA on Oct 28th 2012. I know that a lot of the those who were on the DREAM will be on the MAGIC too. I have also spoken with a few who were on the FREEDOM TA, Rome to Miami, in 2007, and they will also book for a "reunion" cruise.

You're right!!! We should probably let the MAGIC come over to NYC or even Baltimore for a couple short cruises and showing off!!!

Then a repositioning cruise to Texas... You're right!!!

Yep... in 2011!!!! :D

Was on the Jan. 18th sailing of Ecstasy and the CD Steve said Carnival hopes to have 5 ships sailing from Texas. They are looking at Corpus Christie and Houston. Didn't say exactly when it would happen though.

I SO HOPE you are right about this! I would love for Houston and Corpus Christi to have ANY ships sailing out of them!:)

You get a Milestone Reward when you hit certain cruises

25th equals 25% off one cruise

50th equals 50% off one cruise

75th equals 75% off one cruise

100th equals 100% off one cruise (up to 8 days)

We are fixing to go on our 21st so we are getting close also.

Dave

We are taking my 25th Carnival cruise in January. We have booked our two daughters in the same cabin with us. We are getting 25% off the total cost of the cruise! :) It will be my husband's 23rd cruise, so we will get a similar deal when he reaches his 25th.:)

We are taking my 25th Carnival cruise in January. We have booked our two daughters in the same cabin with us. We are getting 25% off the total cost of the cruise! :) It will be my husband's 23rd cruise, so we will get a similar deal when he reaches his 25th.:)

It should be 25% of the cost (not including taxes) for the milestone passenger - not the entire cabin, and is in the form of an OBC.

You're right!!! We should probably let the MAGIC come over to NYC or even Baltimore for a couple short cruises and showing off!!!

I tend to doubt Magic will go anywhere near NYC. Part of that was for the naming ceremony and other ceremony and pomp. There is no way the crew will let the ship sail for months in Europe without being named. They were nervous enough on the Dream crossing.

The Jones act might interfere with the ship stopping in American ports - or at least not picking up any passengers - before heading for the home port of New Orleans. ;)

I am dying to do a TA and had my eye on the Magic - Oct 28, 2011 - guess the hold up seem to be the announcement of the home port. I was hoping the itinerary rates would have been posted soon (as I want to book as a solo and now the 150% rate will be 200% for a 1a :( )..... Not sure if I want to end up in Galveston tho? Would prefer New Orleans or even NYC (as the 2 one way airfares will definitely add up!).

It should be 25% of the cost (not including taxes) for the milestone passenger - not the entire cabin, and is in the form of an OBC.

Sargent its not even that much. Port charges are included in the cruisefare, and about $160 pp on a 3 port, 7 day cruise ...so you have to subtract this out of the cruise fare ..not just the taxes and fees.. I cant' figure out why so many still dont know that port charges are included in the cruisefare.

The Magic is too large to sail out of Baltimore. It won't fit under the bridge.

I am dying to do a TA and had my eye on the Magic - Oct 28, 2011 - guess the hold up seem to be the announcement of the home port. I was hoping the itinerary rates would have been posted soon (as I want to book as a solo and now the 150% rate will be 200% for a 1a :( )..... Not sure if I want to end up in Galveston tho? Would prefer New Orleans or even NYC (as the 2 one way airfares will definitely add up!).

A lot of us solos were waiting to book this but now that 1As are increased to 200% some of us are jumping ship even though booked on Oct 16th Med cruise. Voyager has price of $1195 Can. for an outside solo cabin including all taxes. Barcelona to New Orleans.

Because I took a cruise alone with our daughter, I am one ahead in the count and became platinum one cruise before my husband. We book a cruise with our PVP and which ever one of us talks to him is the "lead person on the reservation"

My question is: When I book my milestone cruise and get 25% back on the booking (with my husband as "the other in the cabin"), the 25% of the fare would be credited on "my booking only" and not his.

The next cruise if he books it, would he then get the 25% off his fare, and I would not because I took it on my 25th cruise.

Am I understanding this right? We could then have 25% of one of the fares in OBC for two cruises....right?

I tend to doubt Magic will go anywhere near NYC. Part of that was for the naming ceremony and other ceremony and pomp. There is no way the crew will let the ship sail for months in Europe without being named. They were nervous enough on the Dream crossing.

The Jones act might interfere with the ship stopping in American ports - or at least not picking up any passengers - before heading for the home port of New Orleans. ;)

Well... DARN!!!! I know how many wanted the ship to port and do a couple of sails from NYC... Like the DREAM did... OH WELL...

But to NOLA... NO!!! that's short for NO WAY JOSE!!!! :rolleyes: :p

Because I took a cruise alone with our daughter, I am one ahead in the count and became platinum one cruise before my husband. We book a cruise with our PVP and which ever one of us talks to him is the "lead person on the reservation"

My question is: When I book my milestone cruise and get 25% back on the booking (with my husband as "the other in the cabin"), the 25% of the fare would be credited on "my booking only" and not his.

The next cruise if he books it, would he then get the 25% off his fare, and I would not because I took it on my 25th cruise.

Am I understanding this right? We could then have 25% of one of the fares in OBC for two cruises....right?

You are correct.

Just remember that it is 25% of the actual cruise (not gov't fees or port charges).

Hubby used his on our Legend cruise and I think is was about $200 OBC.

I used mine and our 17 year old (at the time) used his on the same cruise.

And it worked out to about $200 each.

You are correct.

Just remember that it is 25% of the actual cruise (not gov't fees or port charges).

Hubby used his on our Legend cruise and I think is was about $200 OBC.

I used mine and our 17 year old (at the time) used his on the same cruise.

And it worked out to about $200 each.

Well... DARN!!!! I know how many wanted the ship to port and do a couple of sails from NYC... Like the DREAM did... OH WELL...

But to NOLA... NO!!! that's short for NO WAY JOSE!!!! :rolleyes: :p

They could still do that. The ship would then have to sail empty to the new home port of New Orleans.

Yes, Way! Who Dat!

They could still do that. The ship would then have to sail empty to the new home port of New Orleans.

Yes, Way! Who Dat!

They could do something like Royal Caribbean does.

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

29-Oct Boston, Massachusetts 5:00 PM

30-Oct Cruising

31-Oct Cruising

01-Nov Cruising

02-Nov Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

03-Nov Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

04-Nov Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

05-Nov Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

06-Nov Cruising

07-Nov Willemstad, Curacao 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

08-Nov Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

09-Nov Cruising

10-Nov Cruising

11-Nov Cruising

12-Nov Tampa, Florida 7:00 AM

Instead just replace New York with Boston and Tampa with Galveston or New Orleans.

But I don't think Carnival would. It would be a great cruise though.

I think on many TA cruises they do stop 'somwhere' before heading to the home port (I've seen St. Maarten or some other caribbean port which would be a nice break after sailing across the 'pond' and before debarking).

I think on many TA cruises they do stop 'somwhere' before heading to the home port (I've seen St. Maarten or some other caribbean port which would be a nice break after sailing across the 'pond' and before debarking).

I meant I don't think they would do a repo cruise from one US homeport to another. They usually don't. The only exception is a Panama Canal Cruise.

When the Miracle goes up to New York she sails empty from FLL to New York.

The Dream sailed empty from New York to Port Canaveral.

The Fantasy sailed empty from Mobile to Charleston.

Archived