Booking Speciality Restaurants

homeinboca

Being new to Princess, I have discovered you cannot pre-book speciality restaurants before you board. On RCCL, I have always booked them on-line so I can plan out my schedule.

Has anyone experienced a problem getting the restaurant they wanted on a particular day or time while everyone else is doing same. Suggestions welcome, Thanks!

On the day of embarkation you can easily make reservations. They will have people taking reservations as well as menus set up, for my 2 cruises near the lido dining area. Or else you can call to make reservations. We have never had a problem getting the time we wanted, but we were onboard fairly early both times.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Your best bet is to make your reservations just as soon as you possibly can once you board the ship. There are times the most popular days and times do fill up, so call the DINE line or actually go to the restaurant to make your reservations just as soon as you can once onboard. Enjoy! :)

Being new to Princess, I have discovered you cannot pre-book speciality restaurants before you board. On RCCL, I have always booked them on-line so I can plan out my schedule.

Has anyone experienced a problem getting the restaurant they wanted on a particular day or time while everyone else is doing same. Suggestions welcome, Thanks!

We had no trouble. I think we booked both about a day or so in advance. We like to eat about 6:45 to 7:15. If you are thinking about 8ish you might have a little more trouble.

Nita

I went to the Crown Grill (Emerald) as soon as I dropped off my carry ons in the cabin. As I'm older I prefer eating a bit early, I did't have any problems getting a reservation for 6 p.m.

I am doing a tour from 1:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The tour location is at the same pier as the ship. The ship sails at 8:30 p.m. Obviously, I will not get on the ship until 7:00 p.m. so does that mean I will have very little to no chance of making a reservation for any of the 7 nights? It is an Alaskan Cruise in early July, so I'm sure it will sail at full capacity. I have never dined at one of the specialty dining rooms and really wanted to do it this time, there is 6 in our party, though.

I am doing a tour from 1:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The tour location is at the same pier as the ship. The ship sails at 8:30 p.m. Obviously, I will not get on the ship until 7:00 p.m. so does that mean I will have very little to no chance of making a reservation for any of the 7 nights? It is an Alaskan Cruise in early July, so I'm sure it will sail at full capacity. I have never dined at one of the specialty dining rooms and really wanted to do it this time, there is 6 in our party, though.

Odds are you will have no problem making a reservation after you board. If your 1st choice of nights is not available, chances are your second choice is.

Thank you all for the replies...I'll make sure to head over as soon as we board! It sure seems easier to pre-book on the web, I sure hope they start doing that soon!

I certainly hope they do NOT start pre-booking via the web.

We go on holiday to do as we please when we please and don't even begin to think about any kind of schedule. We like to just do things on a whim, like where we will eat and and what time. Allowing people to book before they sail could likely fill those restaurants before you board but many will have booked just because they can.

Archived