RCCL Airport Shuttle or taxi better?

rkbrock

I'll be interested in any Miami-specific responses; however, unless there is something really unusual, I personally would always prefer getting my own transportation. I don't want to be a prisoner to other people's schedules. If you take the RCI shuttle, you may be sitting on the bus (in the heat) waiting for others to fill it up.

We did the Miami shuttle on our very first cruise (a million years ago), and that was our experience.

Go to your roll call board and get some tips. Or to the ports board. Great information there.

Kathy

Miami has a set fare price from MIA to the Port of Miami (was $24, not sure if it has gone up). Unless I cruise alone, I take a cab as I don't want to have to sit in a large bus and wait for it to fill. When I do cruise alone, I take a shared ride van for about $15 ... the same price as an RCCL transfer, but I only have to wait for the van to fill, not a bus.

A taxi is the cheaper and faster way to go. The best thing about a taxi is, you get in and go. You don't have to wait for a shuttle bus to fill. And, when you get to the port, it's only the people in your taxi. You don't have to fight for luggage and wait in line with 50 other people getting off a bus.

anyone has the experience from the San Juan's airport to the pier if we have more than 10 people? is there a van or should we take taxi which can only hold 4 of us for each? how much is cost and how long will it take?

We had flights booked through RCCL so took their shuttle to the hotel the day before the cruise. The following day we wanted to board asap so took a cab from the hotel at the set fare mentioned above. The shuttle wasn't due until around 1pm and I really didn't want a tour of the hotels on the way to the pier.

On disembarkation we again took the RCCL shuttle to the hotel and left our bags in the day room provided by RCCL. Got a lift from family back to the airport but there would have been a free hotel shuttle there too.

We're flying in the day before, so taking a cab from hotel. We weren't sure of the cost of a cab so took the Post cruise transfer from RCI. Cost was $15.60 per person.

I guess a cab would have been cheaper, but we've got an afternoon flight so not in a real hurry. We can wait for the bus to fill.

Archived