Cabin & Laundry Mat, Oh My!

CALMOM

I just realized that I have three balcony cabins and right outside the door is the Self-Service Laundry Mat. Is this a big mistake, I'm I going to hear washers and dryers running all night? Not much I can really do, since I wanted 3 balcony cabins on Caribe deck together. I just want to prepare my self with that unpleasant sound at night. During the day, no bug deal, we don't stay in our cabins during the day.

I just realized that I have three balcony cabins and right outside the door is the Self-Service Laundry Mat. Is this a big mistake, I'm I going to hear washers and dryers running all night? Not much I can really do, since I wanted 3 balcony cabins on Caribe deck together. I just want to prepare my self with that unpleasant sound at night. During the day, no bug deal, we don't stay in our cabins during the day.

Not at all. We try and get close to the laundromat. So easy when you want to wash or even for a quick iron. No noise at all. They close them at a reasonable hour. They don't leave them open all night :D

Not at all. We try and get close to the laundromat. So easy when you want to wash or even for a quick iron. No noise at all. They close them at a reasonable hour. They don't leave them open all night :D

It depends on the ship, many are open 24hrs. Expand the laundry service box to see which ships laundromats are open 24hrs. Personally I have never seen any passenger doing their laundry in the middle of the night.

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

Not a problem at all. We were right across the hall from the laundry on our last cruise and never heard any noise from the washers and dryers. Did hear people talking a little in the hall when it got busy but nothing out of the ordinary. And, it was really convenient to check in and see when it was empty and throw a load in. You may actually like the location!

I have been right next to, right behind and right in front of the laundromat and the only noise I have ever noticed was at lunchtime when I went back to my cabin and there were a whole bunch of people having a very loud discussion in the laundromat. I went out closed the laundromat door and peace was restored.

It depends on the ship, many are open 24hrs. Expand the laundry service box to see which ships laundromats are open 24hrs. Personally I have never seen any passenger doing their laundry in the middle of the night.

Actually, I ended up doing laundry at 2:00 a.m. Our dd (7 y.o. at the time), had gotten physically sick all over her Dad, herself and me to the point we ended up at the infirmary:eek:. The doctor told us he'd arrange a visit to St. Maarten's pediatrician for us, but that if we did not get the pediatrician's okay to continue the cruise, we would have to leave the ship that day. So... I ended up doing laundry and packing at 2:00 a.m.

I assure you, I was the ONLY one doing laundry at that time!!:D

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

I'm not sure the laundry room hours information on this link is correct. The link indicates the Coral Laundry is open 24 hours. From personal experience, I had to wait about a 1/2 hour until they opened the laundry room at 8 AM. It got very busy soon after they opened.

I Checked out the Purex sheets someone mentioned and there are 24 in a pack for $5 at walmart. Each sheet covered the static cling, laundry powder and the softner. 1 pack would last quite a few cruises at apx. .21 a load.

I've been putting laundry powder in a zip bag and taking dryer sheets. S.:)

I'm not sure the laundry room hours information on this link is correct. The link indicates the Coral Laundry is open 24 hours. From personal experience, I had to wait about a 1/2 hour until they opened the laundry room at 8 AM. It got very busy soon after they opened.

For the Coral, the price is not correct - was $1 each for wash and dryer on January 4th. So perhaps the data in table ought to be taken with a grain of salt.

PS - we got $5 worth of quarters the day before from the Passenger Services desk. They had rolls of them there.

Shalom from Tel Aviv. Andy.

We just booked a cabin directly next to the laundry room on the Ruby, and the Princess site says that laundry room is open 24 hours. Are we going to hear a lot of noise during the day and night? This is a Med cruise, if that helps.

We just booked a cabin directly next to the laundry room on the Ruby, and the Princess site says that laundry room is open 24 hours. Are we going to hear a lot of noise during the day and night? This is a Med cruise, if that helps.

There is usually good soundproofing between the laundry room and the adjacent cabins, so you should have no problems. Besides, chances are that nobody is doing laundry at 3 AM.

We have always seen a sign on the laundry doors indicating that the hours are until either 8pm or 10 pm :confused: can't remember which. They just never seemed to lock the doors when they were supposed too.

I don't know if this 24 hour thing is new?

We were right across the hall on our last cruise, no problems what so ever. The laundry room has a double door. Bring your quarters and supplies otherwise it gets expensive. The combo sheet at Wallmart is a great idea, saves space and money and does it all. I think the location is a perk in itself because not only do you have the laundry facilities you have a few irons and ironing boards!! YEAH!! I loved our location!! We really didn't see many people inside the laundry room at all. We never had a problem getting clothes in or out of the machines. We were on a 9 night Eastern Caribbean cruise and we did a few loads (three women). Happy cruising!!

We also book near the laundry room. On last year's Ruby TA the laundry rooms were madhouses on the last couple of sea days. It didn't help that the washers on the starboard Baja deck were out of order for most of the trip. The laundry on the port side was always crowded, and luckily everyone was good about keeping an eye on the time so no one had to wait. With the group I saw in there a couple of times you'd have been risking your life if you didn't get back to get your laundry on time-lol. I usually washed my things on the port side and carried them to the starboard side to use the dryers which did work--except for the day someone dried a tube of lipstick in a pocket in one dryer.

Not to get off the main subject, but in case anyone is interested, the website trypurex dot com is offering a free sample of the all in one laundry sheets. I requested mine a few days ago :)

I was on the Crown in January 09 and just across the hall and a few cabins away from the laundry room - heard no noise at all and it was SO convenient when I needed to do a couple of loads of laundry.

Archived