What's your take on "no locked luggage" cruise policies?

kelly@

What's your take on "no locked luggage" cruise policies? Choose all that apply.  

465 members have voted

1. 1. What's your take on "no locked luggage" cruise policies? Choose all that apply.

• I always use locks and will continue to do so, no matter the policy
    • I lock my bags with cable ties that can be cut, so I'm not concerned
    • I'd lock my bags if someone would claim responsibility for them before they're onboard
    • I usually lock my bags, but I understand the importance of security, so I would comply
    • I think policies like this are just a way for cruise lines to crack down on booze smuggling
    • I only travel on short cruises where I can carry on my own baggage
    • None of the above
    • Something else (which I'll post)

Why don't you answer the question instead of your snide comment?????

I would like to know what your objection is. Carnival is not saying you must not unlock your luggage, so what is your objection?

Why don't you answer the question instead of your snide comment?????

I would like to know what your objection is. Carnival is not saying you must not unlock your luggage, so what is your objection?

They are saying that if you want you my unlock your luggage for your conveyance.

Why do you have a problem with this?????????

Bet you have no response except more snide comments….

Are you not reading the responses? The objection has been quite clear, not only by that CC member, but also by the others, and also by the poll results. I don't understand why you are getting so mad at this, or why you keep calling people names.

Telling someone to "lighten up" is not a snide comment. Calling someone an "idiot" or "stupid" like you have all throughout this thread certainly is, and CC agrees because it's your posts that keep getting deleted.

I never locked my luggage on cruises before and I have been on about 17 all over the world. But I feel that carnivals new rules about the locks is bringing out bad stories of other travels. I will now lock my luggage. Thanks Carnival.

Carnival does not have a rule about locks. This is misinformation.

In a FAQ (this is not rules) Carnival suggested that if you don't want to be called down to unlock your luggage if it needs to be inspected that you MAY want to leave it unlocked.

Where did all the people get that Carnival says you must leave your luggage unlocked????? Could some post this rule???

I guess most people are too lazy to find out the truth and just need to perpetuate a myth.

I hope everyone knows that ALL cruise lines will inspect your luggage without you present if it is unlocked.

Carnival was trying to be nice and tell people that if you don't want your luggage delayed and called down to open it you MAY leave it unlocked............

What don't people understand about this?

Are you not reading the responses? The objection has been quite clear, not only by that CC member, but also by the others, and also by the poll results. I don't understand why you are getting so mad at this, or why you keep calling people names.

Telling someone to "lighten up" is not a snide comment. Calling someone an "idiot" or "stupid" like you have all throughout this thread certainly is, and CC agrees because it's your posts that keep getting deleted.

Why don't you post the Carnival policy that states you must unlock your luggage. I will bet you don't do it. Because it is not there.....

The poll is incorrect since it is not a policy.

What don't you understand about that?

Are you incapable of research or do you just go along with whatever lies people tell you?

So, I will ask again. Show me the Carnival policy and then tell me what is your objection.

I have asked twice what is you objection and you seem incapable of telling me. You rely on other that tell you what you think. Why?

What the poll shows is that people belive misinformation and don't try to find the truth.

From Carnival's WEB site...

Do you have luggage restrictions?

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits certain items onboard, i.e., weapons, candles, irons, alcohol, or other dangerous goods. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all baggage and if prohibited items are found, they will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed containers with prohibited liquids will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case. For additional information, please refer to the terms and conditions of your cruise ticket contract.

We suggest all luggage be unlocked before turning over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience or delay in delivering the luggage to your stateroom. Should you choose not to unlock your bags and prohibited items are found during screening, your luggage will be retained until you can open it in front of security personnel.

Guests, 21 years of age and older, may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage.

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W x 30"L. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"W x 16"H. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

Alternatively, curbside porters are available at the pier to take luggage to the vessel for delivery to your stateroom by shipboard personnel. Customary tip is $1 per bag. Please be sure each piece of luggage is unlocked and has a tag listing your name and stateroom number. Curbside porters are not employees of Carnival; therefore, if you experience any problems, please report them to porter management on site. Any luggage left at the pier will be forwarded at your expense. Claims for luggage loss or damage must be made in writing to the debarkation personnel prior to leaving the pier area.

If you are traveling by air, we strongly recommend that you contact your air carrier to obtain their luggage allowance policy for the maximum number, size and weight of bags that each guest is allowed at no charge. Guests are responsible for luggage fees, excess luggage charges as well as any other charges imposed by air carriers or airports. We recommend that each guest verify with the airline representative that their luggage is checked-in to their final destination.

NOTE: There is limited porter service on 2/3-day Cruises-to-Nowhere.

LARGE COOLERS RESTRICTION:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”W x 12”L for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

DEBARKATION BAGGAGE ADVICE:

While onboard, you will be given numbered debarkation tags to place on your luggage. Please fill out the information on the back of the tag and remember your zone number. When your zone is called, please proceed off the vessel to claim your luggage. It is easy to pick up the wrong bag, so check to make sure your name is on it. If your luggage is left at the pier, it will be forwarded to you at your expense. Claims for lost or damaged luggage must be made in writing with our debarkation personnel before you leave the pier area.

Are we all having fun yet??

Carnival in a FAQ (this is not a policy or a rule) wrote the following sometime in the past:

"All checked luggage must be unlocked before turning over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience or delay in delivering the luggage to your stateroom."

They currently clarified it to the following:

"We suggest all luggage be unlocked before turning over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience or delay in delivering the luggage to your stateroom. Should you choose not to unlock your bags and prohibited items are found during screening, your luggage will be retained until you can open it in front of security personnel."

Both of these say the same thing.

It you don't want to be inconvenienced you must unlock your luggage. That is different then ALL luggage must be unlocked.

Both say the same thing, but one sounds less a little better.

If Carnival wanted luggage unlocked they would have put it in the contact and no one can find that in the contract.

What is so hard about understanding what a FAQ is and a contract???

Why don't you post the Carnival policy that states you must unlock your luggage. I will bet you don't do it. Because it is not there.....

The poll is incorrect since it is not a policy.

What don't you understand about that?

Are you incapable of research or do you just go along with whatever lies people tell you?

So, I will ask again. Show me the Carnival policy and then tell me what is your objection.

I have asked twice what is you objection and you seem incapable of telling me. You rely on other that tell you what you think. Why?

What the poll shows is that people belive misinformation and don't try to find the truth.

Excuse me!!!???

First, I have only posted on this thread once. You better go back and refresh your memory on who you think you have asked "twice."

Second, my OBJECTION is this policy: "We suggest all luggage be unlocked before turning over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience or delay in delivering the luggage to your stateroom. Should you choose not to unlock your bags and prohibited items are found during screening, your luggage will be retained until you can open it in front of security personnel."

This policy strongly suggests that they will open your luggage without you present. That is my OBJECTION.

This is the last time I will respond to you. Your anger over this topic is unnatural and alarming.

Archived