Dream 1-23/1-30 The perfect cruise

islahopper

Hey Tom, not to steal the thread, but did you ever hear back (and willing to share) on the letter you sent to corporate on loyalty program (wants and desires)?

Jim

Yes I did. I received a call from Jim Berra (Chief Marketing Officer). We had a nice long talk. He did a behind the scenes favor which I won't mention, but besides that --- nothing (kind of as expected). I am sure "these things" take time... multiple years apparently. All that we see is a periodic change in the Platinum Gift! :rolleyes:

When we were on Celebrity over New Years I received 90 minutes of FREE internet. When I used that up, Cheryl had the same perk. Now THAT is something to write home about!!

One of the biggest PERKS I was suggesting was a FULL MENU HOT BREAKFAST option (room service) for Milestones guests (over 25 sailings). THROW ME A BONE HERE CARNIVAL!!

Tom

Yes I did. I received a call from Jim Berra (Chief Marketing Officer). We had a nice long talk. He did a behind the scenes favor which I won't mention, but besides that --- nothing (kind of as expected). I am sure "these things" take time... multiple years apparently. All that we see is a periodic change in the Platinum Gift! :rolleyes:

When we were on Celebrity over New Years I received 90 minutes of FREE internet. When I used that up, Cheryl had the same perk. Now THAT is something to write home about!!

One of the biggest PERKS I was suggesting was a FULL MENU HOT BREAKFAST option (room service) for Milestones guests (over 25 sailings). THROW ME A BONE HERE CARNIVAL!!

Tom

Thanks for the info. That certainly is a nice perk on Celebrity. And it would also be nice to kick in on the milestones with something more. I had the chance to discuss loyalty program with a Carnival area VP on the same subject and basically was told it was fairly (more than they originally anticipated) complex and that it was coming but... don't hold your breath as to when (my paraphrase).

Jim

Thanks for the info. That certainly is a nice perk on Celebrity. And it would also be nice to kick in on the milestones with something more. I had the chance to discuss loyalty program with a Carnival area VP on the same subject and basically was told it was fairly (more than they originally anticipated) complex and that it was coming but... don't hold your breath as to when (my paraphrase).

Jim

"Fairly Complex" --- I like that. It's another way of saying "we are not working very hard on it right now" !! :eek:

If you ask me, the entire structure of the corporation and the way everything works (quite well) is EXTREMELY complex. It would seem, to me at any rate, that throwing in an extra perk or two (ESPECIALLY MILESTONES since there may be only a couple/few on any give sailing) would not be comparatively complex at all!

Tom

Archived