Accra or Boatyard

selzhouses

More action/activities go to Boatyard.....More relaxing/ not as crowded go to Accra. We went to Accra. Made us make reservations in Barbados for next year. If you go, go across the street to your left and have a flying fish sandwich at Grillin....Delicious!

We went back and forth between the two, also. I went to WebShots and Photobucket and looked at photos. Accra is so much prettier and calmer, which is what we wanted. Boatyard had more activities, and looked crowded.

Also, Aplmac's pictures on here of Accra are beautiful.

HI,

Just off the Victory sailing jan 17th. We have done the Boatyard 2 yrs ago. It was busy but fun. Close to the ship. Nice beach & water. Water toys are available.

This year we went to Accra. I love Accra!! It was simply beautiful. The water was perfect. It had a few waves that you could play in. I loved being able to walk the beach. They also have a boardwalk that heads towards the Hilton. I took several pictures & there weren't any peeps in them. Just loved it.

There some bars & resturants at Accra beach. We ordered great drinks from Chicken George. He's an old guy with a dry sense of humor. LOL Stop by & get a drink! We also got chairs & umbrellas for the day. Again I think we paid $5.00 for both.

Also, we grab a cab outside of the port area. We negotiated a $5.00 per person each way fare. There were 10 of us.

Happy Sailing!

Sue

How far of a walk is it from Accra to the Hilton?

We got dropped off at the Hilton and walked to Accra. It was less than an hour. Walked along the beach until it meets up with the Boardwalk which takes you to Accra. Really nice to do in the am.

How far of a walk is it from Accra to the Hilton?
From the Western end of Accra/Rockley Beach where the boardwalk starts

it's 1.2 measured kilometres of boardwalk (= about 3/4 mile?)

-then another 1 mile+ I'd say ..of Hastings and other beaches

continuing Westward to Needham's Point, and Hilton thereon.

Doing the math, I'd say 2 miles all told,

but it's probably the most pleasant 2 miles you'll walk in awhile ;)

From the Western end of Accra/Rockley Beach where the boardwalk starts

it's 1.2 measured kilometres of boardwalk (= about 3/4 mile?)

-then another 1 mile+ I'd say ..of Hastings and other beaches

continuing Westward to Needham's Point, and Hilton thereon.

Doing the math, I'd say 2 miles all told,

but it's probably the most pleasant 2 miles you'll walk in awhile ;)

It was for us!

HI,

Just off the Victory sailing jan 17th. We have done the Boatyard 2 yrs ago. It was busy but fun. Close to the ship. Nice beach & water. Water toys are available.

This year we went to Accra. I love Accra!! It was simply beautiful. The water was perfect. It had a few waves that you could play in. I loved being able to walk the beach. They also have a boardwalk that heads towards the Hilton. I took several pictures & there weren't any peeps in them. Just loved it.

There some bars & resturants at Accra beach. We ordered great drinks from Chicken George. He's an old guy with a dry sense of humor. LOL Stop by & get a drink! We also got chairs & umbrellas for the day. Again I think we paid $5.00 for both.

Also, we grab a cab outside of the port area. We negotiated a $5.00 per person each way fare. There were 10 of us.

Happy Sailing!

Sue

Are the bars & resturants right on the beach or across the street, also is there a specific area to tell the taxi to drop you off at or just say accra /rockley beach & are taxis easy to get for the trip back to the ship? thanks for any help you can give

Just got back from my cruise-- after reading all the posts on here we decided on Accra beach.

It was my husbands favourite beach in all of our cruise! The water was rough the day we were there-- but we had a blast playing in the waves!!

But we found it too rough to snorkle to the reef, although we could see it.

In fact we loved the beach so much we want to come back and stay for a week near that beach!

I agree, I think you should ask for food price anywhere before you buy unless it was posted. One of the food shacks (can't remeber which one) wanted 30 or 35 Barbados currency for a flying fish sandwich. We decided we'd rather have it at Bar Ka'nei for the same price and a place to sit down.

I agree, I think you should ask for food price anywhere before you buy unless it was posted. One of the food shacks (can't remeber which one) wanted 30 or 35 Barbados currency for a flying fish sandwich. We decided we'd rather have it at Bar Ka'nei for the same price and a place to sit down.

Go across from Accra and to your left is "Just Grillin". Had a great flying fish sandwich and drink for less than $10 US.

One of the food shacks (can't remeber which one)

wanted 30 or 35 Barbados currency :eek: for a flying fish sandwich.

We decided we'd rather have it at Bar Ka'nei for the same price

and a place to sit down.

Sounds like a RIP at either location!!

First place U mention just had to be Chicken George :D

He's famous...sorry infamous. :cool:

We're just off the EOS 1/24/10 12 night So. Caribbean Cruise. I can't find the post but someone inquired about going to the Boatyard vs the Hilton. We went to the Boatyard, jumped in a group van for $5 pp. A very short ride from the ship. I can't remember the fee at the Boatyard but it got you a free drink, a punch, beach lounge chairs and umbrella for the day & a free ride back to the ship. We got the last umbrella. The beach was crowded but the water was awesome and fun to watch all the water activities, even horses being exercised in the surf for the Polo Match that day with Prince Harry. That being said........Boatyard is fun, crowded and upbeat. Friends from our cruise went to the Hilton. From what they described they made a great choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They got a day pass which included use of the the beach, pool, chairs, umbrellas, towels, shower facitlity, lunch and a drink for $35.00 pp. Taxi fare was $5.00 pp each way. 10 minute drive from the ship. Taxis available at the Hilton. They said lunch was delicious. Restaurant is on the beach. Had the signature Flying fried fish and a frozen mojito.............next time we'll go to the Hilton :>)!

We're just off the EOS 1/24/10 12 night So. Caribbean Cruise. I can't find the post but someone inquired about going to the Boatyard vs the Hilton. We went to the Boatyard, jumped in a group van for $5 pp. A very short ride from the ship. I can't remember the fee at the Boatyard but it got you a free drink, a punch, beach lounge chairs and umbrella for the day & a free ride back to the ship. We got the last umbrella. The beach was crowded but the water was awesome and fun to watch all the water activities, even horses being exercised in the surf for the Polo Match that day with Prince Harry. That being said........Boatyard is fun, crowded and upbeat. Friends from our cruise went to the Hilton. From what they described they made a great choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They got a day pass which included use of the the beach, pool, chairs, umbrellas, towels, shower facitlity, lunch and a drink for $35.00 pp. Taxi fare was $5.00 pp each way. 10 minute drive from the ship. Taxis available at the Hilton. They said lunch was delicious. Restaurant is on the beach. Had the signature Flying fried fish and a frozen mojito.............next time we'll go to the Hilton :>)!

Thanks for the information! Do you know if your friends pre-booked with the Hilton for their day pass? Do you remember if they had their taxi pick them up a predetermined time or did they find another taxi for their return to the ship?

Archived