ORD terminal 2 to terminal 5

lutill

There is a tram that runs from terminal to terminal. One hour is cutting it very, very close and I would not do a connection that short here. O'Hare is a very large airport. If your gate is at the end, this connection probably would not work. Terminal 5 is apart from the regular terminals.

We have 1 hour to get from terminal 2 to 5. Is that enough time? Also, how do you get from 2 to 5 at O'Hare? Never been in this airport any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

What airline are you flying out of ORD? Some carriers (UA, AA, LH, IB, All Nippon) launch their outbound international service from either Terminal 1 or 3 rather than from 5.

As others have indicated, an hour to change planes for a Terminal 5 flight at ORD would be tight, as you will leave security, ride the tram, checkin and go thru security at 5. The tram runs about every 7 minutes, and the ride is just under 5 minutes.

I was afraid I might get a response from you guys like this. I was looking at a terminal map and saw how far away terminal 5 is and so wanted to get some input from someone. We are going to be on MESABA DBA Delta. Coming from Memphis to ORD at T2 at 4:11 p.m. Then leaving out (I suppose from T5 on Air France to

CDG) at 5:10. Should I call Delta to try to get this changed? Any advice would be appreciated.

I was afraid I might get a response from you guys like this. I was looking at a terminal map and saw how far away terminal 5 is and so wanted to get some input from someone. We are going to be on MESABA DBA Delta. Coming from Memphis to ORD at T2 at 4:11 p.m. Then leaving out (I suppose from T5 on Air France to

CDG) at 5:10. Should I call Delta to try to get this changed? Any advice would be appreciated.

I would give serious consideration to calling Delta and trying to get something earlier.

Delta flights arrive in the E gates of Termiinal 2, mostly the gates from E6 thru E15 ... those gates are perhaps a 5-minute stroll to the tram to Terminal 5.

When you get off your flight ... proceed thru the concourse til you get to the security checkpoint where people are coming in ... veer a tad to the right and proceed thru the hallway to the ticketing area ... directly in front of you will be the elevator and escalator leading to the free tram to Termiinal 5. Once there, you will check in with Air France and go back thru a security checkpoint ... no telling what that line will be like.

The advice about finding out where your flights actually 'gates' for your departure is excellent. I made the mistake of going to the wrong terminal when I was really tired and almost missed my flight to Scotland as it did not depart from 5.

When you talk to Delta have the person really explain it all to you. I leanred my lesson.

It is a cruise/air package deal with hotels and transfers all included in one price. Not with the cruise line. I had read an article about this agency which was recommended by travel book author and thought I would give them a try. Not sure I did the right thing,but it's a done deal. So far, I'm not very impressed with their customer service. I have been trying to call Delta all day but keep getting a busy signal. I guess they are busy with all the rescheduling of flights because of the snow storms. Hope I can work something out to have more time for transfer in ORD.

You wanted to know how I made out with Delta....Not good. I found out my ticket is a bulk ticket and the airline has no way to change anything about it. So, I'm screwed there. They said to call my agency and I have a call in to them now. I doubt they will do anything about it. I don't even know that they can if the ticket is

a bulk ticket. So we are stuck with what we have. I was told that the 1 hour time frame is o.k. and that they cannot book flights where you are not able to make your connections. Anybody know

anything I can do? So, I guess what I have is the same thing as a cruise/air deal like the cruise lines sell. :(

My best suggestion.....since you don't give any dates, I can't make specific recommendations. I would show up at MEM first thing in the morning. Although DL reservations may not be able to change your ticket, you may, and I repeat MAY be able to get a ticket or gate agent to put you onto an earlier flight out of MEM. DL has policies covering same-day changes, including fees, detailed on their website. Whether they can apply to your ticket is unknown to me.

The reason I suggest first thing is that you want as many "shots" at getting out as possible. At the worst, you spend a bunch of time and take the same flight as you have now. At best, you get to ORD in plenty of time for your connection. The main thing is to talk with the agents as honestly as possible - and if they have any red-coats working at MEM, see if they can help.

Again, that is a MAY work, and it may well entail extra costs.

You wanted to know how I made out with Delta....Not good. I found out my ticket is a bulk ticket and the airline has no way to change anything about it. So, I'm screwed there. They said to call my agency and I have a call in to them now. I doubt they will do anything about it. I don't even know that they can if the ticket is

a bulk ticket. So we are stuck with what we have. I was told that the 1 hour time frame is o.k. and that they cannot book flights where you are not able to make your connections. Anybody know

anything I can do? So, I guess what I have is the same thing as a cruise/air deal like the cruise lines sell. :(

That may be the "legal" connection time for your airlines and airport, but if anything slows you down or goes wrong, you aren't going to make your AF flight. Sorry, I don't know the rules of your tickets, or if you have one or two tickets. Is this for your cruise of 22 May?

My dates are Depart MEM May 6 2:25 --Arrive ORD 4:09.

Depart ORD 5:10 on AF. Arrive CDG 8:20 A.M. Leave CDG

9:50 A.M. Arrive Venice 11:30 A.M. Cruise begins May 8.

2 tickets... My husband and me. I called my agency back today

and they are going to see what they can do. (probably nothing).

If they can't do anything, I am going to try Flyer Talker's recommendation and go to the airport early. There is a flight

that leaves MEM at 8:25. Thanks for the advice and support.

Although that 8:25am non-stop would be the best solution, there are a number of connections that would also get you to ORD before your current flight. What you don't want is to be on standby for a connection, as you then risk not getting to ORD at all. But, if they can give you confirmed space, you could connect through ATL, CVG, MSP or DTW to get you to ORD. I am seeing about 14 published connects in the DL electronic timetable (downloadable from the DL site). As the dates get closer, plot out what your options are for alternative routings so that you can work with the agent, not just expecting them to do it for you.

As a tool, in the days or weeks before your flight, you might want to get a trial or 1 month subscription to Expert Flyer. With that tool, you can find out which of those connection possibilities has inventory availability, increasing your chances of suggesting good available flights to the agent.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Talked to my agent and they are talking to their consolidator to see what can be worked out. Said it would be Monday before they will know anything. The advice to find out my options is great. I am going to try to find the Delta schedules you mentioned from their website. Also checking in to getting that magazine. I'll keep you posted. Thanks so much for all your help.

Talked to my agent and they are talking to their consolidator to see what can be worked out. Said it would be Monday before they will know anything. The advice to find out my options is great. I am going to try to find the Delta schedules you mentioned from their website. Also checking in to getting that magazine. I'll keep you posted. Thanks so much for all your help.

Expertflyer is not a magazine. Link below:

http://www.expertflyer.com/

No luck with the agent on getting tickets changed. It's a done deal. So all I can do now is hope that we get to ORD on time and can make our connection. They are telling me they have never had a problem with people not making their connection there. I don't believe anything they say. She said that if we miss the connection, that Delta will put us on another flight. Maybe even another airline. I don't believe that either. I asked would that happen the same day and she said yes. I found one that leaves Chicago at 6:37 on United. What do I do when I get to ORD if I miss my connection? Any help will be appreciated.

You will see a big sign that says "Connections" and go to that desk, but I strongly recommend you have your airline's telephone number programmed in your cell phone and have a call in to them as soon as your flight lands if it looks like you will miss your connection.

Archived