Any reason we wouldn't be allowed to leave the cruise early?

Casshew

and miss the last sea day, on the Bermuda 5 day?

(ie)

Day 1 - Sail from NJ

Day 2 - at sea

Day 3 - Bermuda

Day 4 - Bermuda (ship sail at 5pm - but we would stay in Bermuda)

Day 5 - sea day (we won't be there)

any rules/laws problems with this? :cool:

(ie)

Day 1 - Sail from NJ

Day 2 - at sea

Day 3 - Bermuda

Considering the prices that RC charges for those Explorer cruises, that's a mighty expensive way to get to Bermuda! :eek:

I'm not worried about the cost :)

besides, when the majority of passengers go into Bermuda on those 2 days... we would not be leaving the ship and have it all to ourselves. I wouldn't leave the ship until the last moment possible on day 4.

It shouldn't be a problem as you are not in violation of the Jones Act; however, make sure you advise RCCL reservation ASAP that you will be leaving the ship in Bermuda this way the Purser will be advised of your early debarkation on the ship's passenger manifest. I would assume you and your luggage would have to clear Bermudian customs and immigration prior at debarkation since you are staying in Bermuda and would not be considered a passenger in-transit. This will need to be coordinated with local authorities and the purser would advise you of this once onboard. I'm not sure how long you can stay onboard the ship once you've cleared customs and immigration. It also looks like an onward airline ticket would need to be presented at this time along with your passports. I would also advise your cabin steward & dining room staff that you will ending your cruise in Bermuda so tips can be accounted for prior to your departure.

(ie)

Day 1 - Sail from NJ

Day 2 - at sea

Day 3 - Bermuda

RCI has a department that handles these requests, they can tell you for sure. Go to their web site and search partial cruise for more info.

Yes....this is not a problem....I did it myself last summer from Miami to the Nassau....what you are looking to do is called "down-line debarkation". You MUST notify the cruise line ahead of time as they have forms you must fill out and fax back to them.....the process also takes a few days for approval so make sure to do this with some time to spare. It went very smoothly for us....when we got to Nassau we could stay on the ship as long as we wanted....actually we even got off the ship, walked downtown for a while then came back on the ship for lunch and grabbed our bags and departed....they were very familiar with this process. There are also people who join the ship already in progress....just the opposite....that is called "down-line embarkation". Just be VERY clear with them what you are doing and call it by name....ENJOY:)

You won't have any problems as long as you let RCCL know in advance....ie, before you sail!

We have received permission to leave the ship at one port and reboard at another, on serveral occasions. We had planned trips inland, and as long as RCCL knew about it and gave us their blessing, it has worked well for us.:)

Rick

.... I would also advise your cabin steward & dining room staff that you will ending your cruise in Bermuda so tips can be accounted for prior to your departure.

Wow what a way to get out of paying tips !!! :D

Just Joking !

Enjoy Bermuda, we did it, but flew there.

Archived