private tour Le Havre to Paris

ranchobernardo

Have you used a company you would recommend to take 6-8 people from Le Havre to Paris for the day?

E mail Marilyn

pobiner@sbcglobal.net

I have used this company every time (alot!) that I am in Paris. I have had them also pick up in Le harve from ship for the quickie day.

if you have never been to paris before, I suggest you have them pick you up, do the Paris tour & definetly inc. Montmarte.NOTHING is more fabulous then to have a huge stretch limo taking you into Montmarte ...not sure how long you will have but you should get a very whirlwind tour..do not plan on going up Eiffle Tower, there is always a long line, so if that is important, reserve for lunch at Altitude 95 or Jules Verne, although I am not sure if they are open at lunch?? but..then you will have no wait to go up..

check the websites for times...also great for touring the D Day beaches and American Cemetery tours..just ask them..they are great and with 6 price shouldn't be to bad..:D

• 3 years later...
Hello

We have 12 hours. I guess 6 hours in travel time to and from Le Havre. So that gives us about 5 1/2 hours. we need a reliable and efficient company. Will we have time to see the major sights?

My 2 cents - save Paris for another trip - preferably a land trip (too much to do and see there in 5 hours, traffic, etc).

There are some interesting things to see and do much closer to Le Havre with much less stress.

Hello

We have 12 hours. I guess 6 hours in travel time to and from Le Havre. So that gives us about 5 1/2 hours. we need a reliable and efficient company. Will we have time to see the major sights?

Sadly not. First of all it will take you some time to get off of the ship, and you cannot arrive back to the ship AT the twelfth hour. The recommended boarding time will probably be at hour ten.

Realistically, you will have three hours (three and a half if you REALLY Hustle) in Paris which is enough for a drive by of the eight or ten sights top sights. What those are, YOU will need to determine during pre-cruise discussions with the Guide that you choose. History buffs will have one list, Architecture enthusiasts another, and film buffs a third.

There won't even be much time to get out of the car for more than a quick Crêpes at a sidewalk cafe unless you are willing to trim the list.

The Guides know traffic patterns, and optimal routes, so let yours know which Sites you feel are MUSTS, and then allow the guide design an Itinerary within that framework.

Resist the urge to micromanage (I learned this the hard way). You are paying for the Guides' advice as well as their expertise. Use it!

Enjoy Paris~

The distance is 125 miles so even on the most direct route, with NIL traffic, the journey time is over two hours. Having lived (and driven!) in Paris for six years. I would allow a minimum of 2.5 hours from the western side of the Peripherique ring road during off peak times, and add time if your travelling from any other part of the city.

Even the hourly Intercites trains take 2 hours 5 minutes to Paris St Lazare station.....the station in Le Havre is about a mile from the ship.

I was about to recommend the train as well and hire a private guide to pick you up near Gare St. Lazare.

Frankly though I agree with those who say there is just not enough time to see Paris in those few hours UNLESS you think you may never get there again. Then go for it. If not, why not visit Rouen which is so much closer and full of history?

Archived