Solstice Solarium -pay to use?

boneatnik

Having just come from Solstice in Alaska, I can say that Children are allowed twice a day to swim in the Indoor Solarium Pool. In the AM hours, 9AM or 10AM. In the afternoon, 4PM to 5PM.

What they are not allowed to do is jump in and run around, and throw things; which is what was happening when I was in the water. Luckily, and officer came by and let all the parents know that the rules in place about jumping and running must be followed.

I am curious about the Infinity Solarium when not in Alaska. Are children still allowed to swim?

Scanditaly

In our experience it has only been in colder areas like Alaska where there have been 'family times' they have been strictly enforced and we have never had an issue with unruly children. We usually avoid the pool at those times, not because we have any objection to swimming with children, but simply to respect the fact youngsters should have some access to water when the outdoor pools are too cold.

We have a Norwegian Ffiords cruise in the spring and would expect a similar system, never seen family time in the Caribbean......

That is a five year old answer about it being for AQ patrons only. Don't believe it is exculsive to them anymore. Not on the web site anymore.

Not sure about the website..but on all our AQ cruises the Relaxation Lounge was only for AQ guests and spa patrons...it is a fairly small quiet space...so hope it is not another AQ perk lost!

Edited by hcat

I loved the Solarium on Equinox. The pool is large enough to do short laps; there are also 2 hot tubs available and lots of nice loungers to relax on. The AquaSpa cafe is in the Solarium and open for breakfast and lunch.

Yes, super agree that the Solarium on the Solstice-class ships is totally wonderful as a space and area. Glad to hear that the ship was enforcing the age requirement to keep this area "special". Need proof as to why people like this area? Here is one item of "evidence" from my photo file.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 214,263 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The Solarium was one of our most favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg