Am I searching for a dinosaur?

millercat

I buy quite a bit from QVC, I like their 'Denim and Co.' or 'Quacker Factory' I have a black capri set from Quacker Factory that has quite a bit of sparkle that I cruise with. You can look on line and type in capri sets, and get all brands, or go to the brand and then look for their capri sets. I hope this helps, I know it is frustrating when you can't find what you have in mind.:)

I hope that you take this as a positive comment, but if you are in your 50s I think that you should consider some more contemporary styles. I absolutely am no fashion expert, but if you look at outfits in magazines like MORE, I think that you would find some nice looks that you would look great in.

Klauer,

Actually your post really made me stop and think. You are probably right and I am looking for the wrong thing. Thank you for the advice. I am getting ready to pack for our upcoming cruise and I really have a terrible case of the winter blues. I am feeling old and frumpy and guess I was trying to back track by wearing clothing that I thought looked good in the past.

All of you ladies were trying to point me in the right direction, I just wasn't getting it. Maybe this sleepless night has done me some good. This may sound ridiculous but just "talking" about it has made me feel better.

I bet you all never thought that a clothing question would turn into a therapy session. :o Thanks for listening.

LOL.....I found those from Casual Living as well but just when I was ready to post, CC tanked on me.

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies, may I join in?

Millercat, I really admire you for shaking off the blues & deciding to wear a more fashionable look! I hope you had a great cruise & will report back to us what you took along & how your new clothes worked for you.

I'm in my 60's & had also been trying to find outfits like you described in your original post. But, also like you, I'm starting to realize that the things we're used to just aren't being done anymore! Recently, I read a great book, How Not to Look Old. It has an entire chapter entitled "Unmatch Your Wardrobe: Nothing Ages You Like Outfits That Are Too Matchy-Matchy". I've noticed in the malls & other places that it's very true.

I don't think it's that we older women are necessarily trying to look young again, but rather that we want to capture our own personal best look at any age.

Coldwater Creek does sell some sets. Some are dressy and some are more sporty or casual. That said even Coldwater Creek doesn't have a lot of outfits sold as sets (in other words the price includes both or three peices). You cannot buy each peice separately. Chico's has a few sets too, but not many.

I think retailers today in this economy prefer to offer women a range of mix and max co-ordinates so the buyers have more flexibilty in chossing the style, size and colors they prefer. As an example right now Coldwater Creek is offering a wide range of separates designed in a "safari" theme. Ralph Lauren right now has a wide range of separates in a nautical theme.

www.bonworth.com

Another poster mentioned their stores in a mall but they also have a website for ordering.

Their Le Chute fabrics are especially nice for travel. No wrinkling and they dry quickly. Their prices are very low so if you ruin something on an exciting excursion the loss is minor. ;)

Read their sizing info before you order. I wear "Small" there and believe me I'm NOT small anymore!

Daniel Kiveat used to see those sorts of outfits on HSN years ago and they were hugely popular. He sold hundreds of thousands of them and then he disappeared.

His line was called Maggie Sweet and came in every imagineable size.

If he couldn't sell them anymore and left HSN, they must have gone 'out of favor'.

I used to buy some outfits like posted here from Jones of New York...... years ago. Haven't seem any lately.

Daniel Kiveat used to see those sorts of outfits on HSN years ago and they were hugely popular. He sold hundreds of thousands of them and then he disappeared.

His line was called Maggie Sweet and came in every imagineable size.

If he couldn't sell them anymore and left HSN, they must have gone 'out of favor'.

I used to buy some outfits like posted here from Jones of New York...... years ago. Haven't seem any lately.

Hi, I just googled him and found that he is on SHOP NBC....I never

shop with them but if you go to their website maybe you can find

more information (If you are so inclined:))

Hi, I just googled him and found that he is on SHOP NBC....I never

shop with them but if you go to their website maybe you can find

more information (If you are so inclined:))

Thank you.

That's interesting but I think I'll pass. ;) Not exactly what works best for me.

Archived