Anyone know where Luckie Puris is?

Ausgirl

She hasnt been on the boards since she has come back from her Xmas cruise and I am a little concerned about her. We emailed one another and chatted a lot as she was on the cruise before me and was so excited.

She started doing a live blog from the Rhapsody, and was intending posting every couple of days, but she only did the first day and then disappeared never to be heard from again. She was very active on the boards for the past year at least and I know she most certainly would have come back after her cruise to chat and do a review.

I still have her email address and emailed her last week but received no reply.

I'm hoping that someone who was on her cruise (21 Dec on Rhapsody) might know if she is ok.

I don't think so Kiwi, LuckiePuris has been very active for ages, and has been on quite a few cruises. She was posting live from Rhapsody and intended doing a blog all the way through, and then just stopped after the first post and never returned. She had said she would be posting all the way through and would be back to do a review and so that we could chat about our cruises as I was on the one after her. She also has 2000+ posts.

Also she didnt show for her Meet and Mingle which I know she was excited about.

Hi All,:)

She has just posted over on the Royal Carribean Boards:p

I didn't read through all the posts, so I apologize if this is a repeat. The Rhapsody has a limited itinerary, and half the year she's in Australia, which costs much more to get to/from. Having said that, I have 4 more cruises on deposit on the Rhapsody: we just have to make up our minds!!

We were on her for 33 nights last year, and we really love the ship. Nice size, great crew, wonderful Loyalty Ambassador, and the food was AMAZING!! Also, one of the nicest captains in the fleet, IMO.

Peggy - first cruise - Royal Caribbean in 1973.

2010: Girls Only cruise in January; straying off to Princess in May; WEDDING this Summer!!!!!!

2011: Thinking of heading back to Australia/NZ!!

Hi All,:)

She has just posted over on the Royal Carribean Boards:p

I didn't read through all the posts, so I apologize if this is a repeat. The Rhapsody has a limited itinerary, and half the year she's in Australia, which costs much more to get to/from. Having said that, I have 4 more cruises on deposit on the Rhapsody: we just have to make up our minds!!

We were on her for 33 nights last year, and we really love the ship. Nice size, great crew, wonderful Loyalty Ambassador, and the food was AMAZING!! Also, one of the nicest captains in the fleet, IMO.

Peggy - first cruise - Royal Caribbean in 1973.

2010: Girls Only cruise in January; straying off to Princess in May; WEDDING this Summer!!!!!!

2011: Thinking of heading back to Australia/NZ!!

I didn't think her cruise was that long. Her profile still says she hasn't logged on since January 31st.

I am a LONG TIME user of Internet forums - and have a pretty thick hide :p

Sometimes, new users of Forums - people who have only recently discovered the joys of using them and enter them with great enthusiasm - find that they inadvertently find themseleves in some trouble, some hot water - and retreat.

It is a complicate matter - and involves their "newness" - their lack of understanding of the smiley face system, their own personalities in the face of what can sometimes be difficult interchanges with basically anonymous posters.

MANY MANY reasons why people disappear from Forums - I personally know of one who was very enthusiastic within this Forum, but has now retreated.

Barry

I am a LONG TIME user of Internet forums - and have a pretty thick hide :p

Sometimes, new users of Forums - people who have only recently discovered the joys of using them and enter them with great enthusiasm - find that they inadvertently find themseleves in some trouble, some hot water - and retreat.

It is a complicate matter - and involves their "newness" - their lack of understanding of the smiley face system, their own personalities in the face of what can sometimes be difficult interchanges with basically anonymous posters.

MANY MANY reasons why people disappear from Forums - I personally know of one who was very enthusiastic within this Forum, but has now retreated.

Barry

I am sure there are many who have retreated in light of recent events.

As you rightly say sometimes you need a very thick skin and not take posts too seriously or personally.

That's very true, Karon and Barry. I was about to leave a while ago, however I decided that I was not going to be driven away. (I can be very stubborn when needed. ;) :D ) Now I try to let it all flow over me, keep a crazy sense of humour, and think of my mantra. :)

Having said that, I don't think Luckie was the person to be put off. She was very helpful to me when I first joined.

Just maybe luckiepuris did NOT enjoy her cruise thus not wanting to talk about it .....you know it doesn't always pay to ask too many questions prior to sailing.... going on a cruise with very very high expectations from what you have read can be a downfall if in your own experience it just doesn't match what has been said... they have their reasons..pity they missed their M&M as well.

Barry ...would have been easier to just block that persons posts rather than be baited by them.....please say Hi and we miss you from us.....:);). cheers Shiona

Hmmm, who knows. But I do know that she posted from the ship on day 2 and was loving every minute, and her meet and mingle was the next day and she didnt show. Something has happened, and I doubt its just a case of something scaring her off the boards. Either way, unless she comes back, I guess we'll never know if all is well.

Barry ...would have been easier to just block that persons posts rather than be baited by them.....please say Hi and we miss you from us.....:);). cheers Shiona

That is hard when some have two or three different IDs every single day:confused:

Hi Karon

It's easy just keep blocking suspect posers;) and don't bite back.....they don't exist do they............;):D:D:D:D cheers Shiona

I think the mods are doing a great job in keeping these boards friendly.

I don't recall anyone "biting" back for quite a while now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived