c-pack murcery ?

cruisecluestoo

There is no plug next to the bed. My wife uses a C pack and what we do is take an outside or heavy extension cord with plugs at the end and it works very well. By the way you will not have to take distilled water with you as basically that is what the water coming out of the tap is. Marvin

After hearing of lots of ships w/ac problems (not all X, I think the worst was Maasdam) I always carry a 4" fan with me. I always bring a power strip so a 6' or so extension cord will usually get to the bed.

Lots of people carry cpacks on the ship. You won't be alone!

I have a C-pap unit, and it is so very important that you fill out the Guest Special Needs form. If there is time, Celebrity will provide you with distilled water for the unit, and in most cases a ship supplied (and approved) electrical cord. Have done it without notifying Celebrity once, and was just a hassle compared to sending them (or faxing) the form. Your TA can get the form for you quickly.

There is no plug next to the bed. My wife uses a C pack and what we do is take an outside or heavy extension cord with plugs at the end and it works very well. By the way you will not have to take distilled water with you as basically that is what the water coming out of the tap is. Marvin

Before our cruise on the Millennium last October, I contacted the Special Needs group at Celebrity about having a gallon of distilled water and a heavyduty extension cord in the cabin for my BiPAP machine. A day or so later, they sent me an email reply saying they would comply with my request. Both items were then when we arrived at our cabin. It was a pleasant surprise. :) There was no charge for the jug of water.

Many hotels do not have an outlet near the bed and after a few times of struggling to get to the plug behind the bed I just put a nine foot cord in the travel case for my CPAP machine and leave it there. I use it more often than not when traveling both on board and on shore. The tap water is not distilled but it is low in minerals and some weeks on board it works well. Other weeks it leaves a residue in the humidifier chamber. I guess the reverse osmosis process can have different settings.

The only time I found a receptacle next to the bed was in a Grand Suite on the Radiance. All the other cruises since I got my c-pap I've brought a regulat 12 foot extension cord, not the 50 foot big industrial type that guest services have supplied to others. I also bring a three-way adaptor plug. This comes in handy in a lot of hotels also because the receptacle behind the dresser usually has the clock radio and the light plugged into it. I have sleep apnea and my respatory therapist said that while on a cruise I probably don't need the humidifier (or when our humidity levels are high at home), but I do understand others might have a different need and must use theirs. Yes, the ship water is reverse osmosis and that should not have many minerals. They use sea water. The little sediment after a cruise can easily be removed at the next cleaning.

Hi

I checked with our TA and she will request these items. I also e-mailed Celebrity and haven't received a response yet. We'll see if I get one.

We have 2 other friends who need the c-pap so our group might use up all the cords :D

This is a great thread. Never thought about asking the cruise line for these items.

CC is such a great way to get answers to sometimes little questions.

Thanks folks

Pat

Archived