Any Hotel recommendations for Venice

ezcruzer

Ca Doge' or Santa Chiara Hotel. Both are at Piazzale Roma. Fairly easy to get to from the cruise pier (5 minute ride) and buses to Airport right outside the hotel door. We stayed at Ca Doge' for approx $230 per night. They do not have an elevator, by they carried our luggage up/and down for us. We only had to worry about ourselves, and it wasn't too bad for two older ladies with mobility issues. Our room was beautiful with a tiny balcony where I could step outside and smoke.

Piazzale Roma is the transportation hub of Venice. There are car parks, buses, taxis, vaporetto stop/office, visitor center/kiosk and a huge COOP grocery store.

It's an easy ride on the vaporetto to anywhere in Venice. I love this website. It gives you so much information and photos.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

We used the bus from the airport which cost about 3 euro each and dropped us off in the piazza Roma. The bus was well signposted . AS you enter the piazza Roma by road the tourist info office/carpark is on your right and vaperetto stations a little further over to your left.

You would exit the piazza at the corner diagonally opposite to this to get the the Hotel Olipmpia. As you leave the piazza you will see the hotel to your right. You have cross a couple of bridges ( I recall ) and therefore haul the luggage up and down the steps although we didn't find this too bad.

We stayed at the Olimpia for a couple of nights before the cruise and really enjoyed it. RCI had a free transfer bus which left for the port from the area of the piazza close to the hotel.

At the end of our cruise we stayed on in Venice but used a hotel on the mainland. We can't remember its name and it was very lacking in character. They had a minibus service which for a charge took us to the airport bat the end of our holiday.

I hope you enjoy the Olimpia

Ros

Archived