I need advice quick! Please help!

Kdiamond55

Boy this is a weird one.

I am scheduled to leave on Thursday (this Thursday) for a cruise on Navigator. We have 3 cabins, one for my husband and I, one for my sister (23 y/o) and my son (6 y/o) and one for my mother in law and my daughter (8 y/o).

My MIL is most likely not going to be able to go -- my FIL recently landed himself in the hospital for an infection, and now it looks like he's going to be there until Saturday, then moved somewhere else, like rehab.

My issue is, my daughter is in HER room, and she is a minor.

I could move her to my room (a balcony room) or my sister's room (promenade interior) but I think they only can accomodate two persons, am I correct?

However, with less than 48 hours to go, I don't think I can put someone else in my mother in law's place, can I?

I'm not concerned about the money, I know I will lose it. But my daughter can't come onboard without an adult present in the room (even if she wouldn't be staying in it), am I correct in assuming that?

What a mess, right before the cruise! Ahhh! Help!

Boy this is a weird one.

I am scheduled to leave on Thursday (this Thursday) for a cruise on Navigator. We have 3 cabins, one for my husband and I, one for my sister (23 y/o) and my son (6 y/o) and one for my mother in law and my daughter (8 y/o).

My MIL is most likely not going to be able to go -- my FIL recently landed himself in the hospital for an infection, and now it looks like he's going to be there until Saturday, then moved somewhere else, like rehab.

My issue is, my daughter is in HER room, and she is a minor.

I could move her to my room (a balcony room) or my sister's room (promenade interior) but I think they only can accomodate two persons, am I correct?

However, with less than 48 hours to go, I don't think I can put someone else in my mother in law's place, can I?

I'm not concerned about the money, I know I will lose it. But my daughter can't come onboard without an adult present in the room (even if she wouldn't be staying in it), am I correct in assuming that?

What a mess, right before the cruise! Ahhh! Help!

Yes you can change the person in the cabin. Call right away.

As long as the cabin is next to yours, RCL will allow your 8 yr old alone in the cabin. Call to be sure

Thanks. I think I'll just call the TA and run it by them.

I did not take out travel insurance, we paid very little for this cruise due to being FL residents. Don't care about the cost, just want to make sure we can all board.

It would be good if we can take another person in her place, but I am scared that with such little time to go it would be impossible!

if you can't find anyone to go or it's to late to add somebody just have rci move your husband to your daughters room and your daughter to your room.

That's not how you have to sleep but that'll make it legal as far as rci is concerned.

Bill

genius!

If you can't find anyone to go or it's to late to add somebody just have RCI move your husband to your daughters room and your daughter to your room.

That's not how you have to sleep but that'll make it legal as far as RCI is concerned.

Bill

Best and easiest solution to this issue.

How would they even know? The parent is the guardian bringing the child onto the ship. If the grandmother was checking in later/separate that would be fine with Royal. And they don't go checking after the fact - once everyone is aboard they don't do room/bed checks.

If you can't find anyone to go or it's to late to add somebody just have RCI move your husband to your daughters room and your daughter to your room.

That's not how you have to sleep but that'll make it legal as far as RCI is concerned.

Bill

Archived