Prime C reservations

Linda-E

I called Captain's Club on Friday for a reservation in Prime C (60 days before our Journey cruise). I selected a date time, 7 pm, with a second choice of 7:30.

Yesterday I received a call back saying that the original agent was wrong. Prime C will only take a reservation for 2 at 6 pm or 9:30 pm. We switched to Aqualina, but I don't understand. Are they saving all the good times for suite passengers?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I called Captain's Club on Friday for a reservation in Prime C (60 days before our Journey cruise). I selected a date time, 7 pm, with a second choice of 7:30.

Yesterday I received a call back saying that the original agent was wrong. Prime C will only take a reservation for 2 at 6 pm or 9:30 pm. We switched to Aqualina, but I don't understand. Are they saving all the good times for suite passengers?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hi Linda !

I do not have an answer, but I would call Captains Club again, and ask to speak with a Supervisor. At the very least, I would want to know why they are unable to offer you the time you requested. Have you tried another night ? I wouldnt care to dine at 9:30 pm, though 6 pm is not a bad option.

If you cannot get a desirable time in advance, I suggest you see the Maitre'd as soon as you board. I am confident they will work it out for you. Enjoy your Cruise !

We dined at tables for 2 in Prime C on Quest at least 6 times in Southeast Asia. Our reservations were generally at 6:30 with one 6 pm. They were trying to get two seatings at each table, which leads to more early and late reservations. We were quite willing to eat a little early to get in so often. As an added bonus, our Prime C waiter from Journey in South America two years ago was now on Quest to serve us.

We dined at tables for 2 in Prime C on Quest at least 6 times in Southeast Asia. Our reservations were generally at 6:30 with one 6 pm. They were trying to get two seatings at each table, which leads to more early and late reservations. We were quite willing to eat a little early to get in so often. As an added bonus, our Prime C waiter from Journey in South America two years ago was now on Quest to serve us.

Hi Rdowney !

Thank you for refreshing my memory. I was told that a while ago, but I did not recall it earlier. It makes sense, as 7 or 7:30 seatings would make it nearly impossible to have 2 seatings each evening.

• 2 weeks later...

I called to reserve a table for 2 in Prime C for my next cruise. I called 60 days prior to sailing. I was told that I could have reservation in Aquilina. Prime C was fully booked. It doesn't make sense. However, from my previous cruise, I know that the kitchen for both restaurants is the same. It just seems odd to call on the 1st available reservation day and be told that Prime C was sold out. Maybe it is being used for a private event. Or maybe they just like pushing guests around. On my last cruise, we requested a table at Aquilina and were given one at Prime C. I do like Prime C menu more, but Aquilina is okay. It is certainly better than Discoveries. Discoveries is just fair to good....not nearly as good as Prime C.

Truth is, the handling of reservations pre-cruise is abysmal. It was brought up during the cruise when they hosted a 2nd cruise critics coffee. We were told the same things before the cruise, they even lost the first request, then found out when we got on board that they had a reservation for us at the tiem we requested.

Best thing to do is after boarding, go to the retaurant and make the reservations. We did that and got 2 nites in Prime C and one in Aqualina. We also walked in on Aqualina and was able to be seated with another couple who had done the same thing. 8PM or later for walk-ins appears to be a good time....

I must have lucked out...we are cruising on Journey 3/20. I called this last Monday and requested a table for 2 at 7:30pm on the 20th, I received a confirmation of our reservation on Wednesday. Maybe because I tried closer to our sail date they had more tables allocated?

Danna

We are in a sky suite on the Journey in April and did not know we could call ahead for specialty restaurant reservations (and maybe we can't since we are not Captain's Club members?) but if we can is there a special number to call or just the main Azamara number?

Thanks!!!

As I recall, the pre-cruise reservations are limited to certain times, but once you're onboard you can change them. We had a terrible time getting reservations properly recorded on Quest, though - we'd call for 2 at 8:00 and get a confirmation for 4 at 7:00, have the wrong restaurant, etc. The young woman working the reservations desk during the day had a terrible attitude - she told callers that the restaurants were sold out even when they were not and told us that we were lucky to have any reservations at all and that she could not change anything. Fortunately her attitude was an isolated one, and the manager was most apologetic (and accomodating about making changes) when he learned of it.

Archived