RSVP 2011 Nieuw Amsterdam Caribbean

Tamaracboy

Hello all. Still thinking about this cruise or Atlantis 3/26 Southern Caribbean on the Celebrity Summit. February weather can always be "iffy" for cruising, especially in the Western Caribbean. On the RSVP 2008 sailing, there were a couple of cooler days while in Cozumel and also the last day at sea from Cozumel to Half Moon. Taking a cruise in March also means I'll be coming home to warmer Spring weather than the cold and snow of February. Since both of these cruises seem to be pretty open at the moment, I'm going to really think about this. Maybe I'll just do both so I'll not miss out on any of the fun.

Hello all. Still thinking about this cruise or Atlantis 3/26 Southern Caribbean on the Celebrity Summit. February weather can always be "iffy" for cruising, especially in the Western Caribbean. On the RSVP 2008 sailing, there were a couple of cooler days while in Cozumel and also the last day at sea from Cozumel to Half Moon. Taking a cruise in March also means I'll be coming home to warmer Spring weather than the cold and snow of February. Since both of these cruises seem to be pretty open at the moment, I'm going to really think about this. Maybe I'll just do both so I'll not miss out on any of the fun.

Ross,

Cross fingers, we have always been rather lucky with weather for our annual RSVP cruise in February.

So your decision is beautifully easy ! ! :

Take BOTH cruises ! :cool: :cool:

You can thank me later,

r.

I found a bargain on one-way air fare to Fort Lauderdale today. We are booked for the outbound, now I just have to wait for a bargain on the return portion.

Booked the return portion today. Our Air portion is now complete.

Hopefully, the weather will be more cooperative in 2011 than it was this year.

Hopefully, the weather will be more cooperative in 2011 than it was this year.

I think those of us going to Hawaii will just have to follow Sister H.H. in a special prayer to their local Deities for a weather blessing transfer to the Caribbean for February. (or you could join us and get on bended knee yourself ??) :cool:

We just may have to sacrifice a Lei (or 2) ;)

r.

(or you could join us and get on bended knee yourself ??) :cool:

We just may have to sacrifice a Lei (or 2) ;)

r.

I'm sure you spend more than enough time on your knees, Reuel.:eek::eek:

After the November cruise, you might have to invest in a new pair of knee pads.

I'm sure you spend more than enough time on your knees, Reuel.:eek::eek:

After the November cruise, you might have to invest in a new pair of knee pads.

I'll have them woven out of native banana fronds and blessed by the Fire Goddess. :p :p ;)

r.

So much to do, and so little time... Just got back from an overnight in New Orleans- PolarBearBR and I had to go see Wicked while it was in town- Wow, what a show!!!! And while we're there, of course, we had to talk to the BnB owner about accommodations for Southern Decadence! ;)

Still looking forward to RSVP #3!!! My tan has all but faded. :(

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I are booked on the Eurodam New Year cruise, primarily for the itinerary and the holiday season. This RSVP Caribbean cruise calls at some of the similar ports. For those of you with lots of cruises under your sail, I would like to hear arguments in favour of the RSVP cruise, other than the obvious.

My partner and I are booked on the Eurodam New Year cruise, primarily for the itinerary and the holiday season. This RSVP Caribbean cruise calls at some of the similar ports. For those of you with lots of cruises under your sail, I would like to hear arguments in favour of the RSVP cruise, other than the obvious.

I see your cruise will be calling at some of the same ports as the February cruise. RSVP has called at the other ports sometime during the past few years. You'll find the Eurodam to be an exceptional ship as we sailed her for the last two years.

The advantage we find in RSVP cruises is a week of gay camaraderie, and the chance to be yourself. In addition, the gay themed entertainment is always a plus. Of course, that all comes with a fare premium compared to a non chartered HAL cruise. If RSVP can sell out its cruises, year after year, there's definitely a market.

I've taken 3 "regular" cruises, and just took my first gay cruise this winter (Atlantis January on the RCI Liberty), and there was a HUGE difference. I liked the regular cruises (went with my family), but the socializing aspect on a gay cruise transformed the experience into something else entirely. I made so many friends and talked to so many new people - it was an absolute joy. I would highly recommend an all-gay charter if you're at all interested in meeting other guys and making gay friends. It really was incredible. I probably would never take another regular cruise again, unless it was a big family event, but I hope to go on many, many more gay cruises :).

If you want a more in-depth account of the experience, here's my extended review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1169306&highlight=

The "obvious" to one person might not be so obvious to another! :)

We did our first all gay charter in 2009 and had an absolutely amazing time, which led to booking for 2010 and now 2011. It's not so much that you can't be yourself on a regular cruise, but speaking for myself- I find that I'm not as relaxed on those because I'm kind of expecting and waiting to run into some bonehead that's going to say something stupid and force me into an argument (whether it actually happens or not). I get that just about every day of my life (gotta love my red state, you betcha!) so when I go on vacation- I want to leave all of the morons behind! It's a week of life as it SHOULD be, and I find it to be worth the premium over a straight cruise. But of course, your mileage may vary.

And this all above and beyond the superior entertainment, great parties, an amazing energy from the fellow passengers, meeting and re-uniting with like-minded souls, etc... I had no earthly idea that I'd become addicted to these vacations, but I'd rather do one RSVP cruise per year than 3 regular cruises, if I had to make such a choice.

Welcome back, I recall you guys sailing with us several years ago.

We missed this years cruise because of the Olympics.

I'll be joining you guys on the Nieuw Amsterdam in Febuary, 2011! I'm really looking forward to cruising on this ship.

I'm also booked on Atlantis Allure the week before, so I'm hoping that I can get away for two weeks to cruise back to back anniversary cruises.

I look forward to meeting you guys onboard Nieuw Amsterdam!

I'll be joining you guys on the Nieuw Amsterdam in Febuary, 2011! I'm really looking forward to cruising on this ship.

I'm also booked on Atlantis Allure the week before, so I'm hoping that I can get away for two weeks to cruise back to back anniversary cruises.

Welcome aboard, looking forward to meeting you, also.

Thanks for the welcome! It'll be fun.

I just noticed my spelling error in my earlier note. Don't hold it against me, I'll proof read next time! I must have been too excited about joining you guys.

Thanks for the welcome! It'll be fun.

I just noticed my spelling error in my earlier note. Don't hold it against me, I'll proof read next time! I must have been too excited about joining you guys.

First:

WELCOME ABOARD! :D :D

We do have a lot of fun on these cruises. That's why so many of us repeat so often or even annually.:cool:

Second: I may be blind, but I didn't see any spelling errors in your 1st post,

Granted "Nieuw" looks rather strange to us, but for Reint it is totally normal. ;)

And, remember this IS the internet. If one were to police spelling, grammatical and/or usage errors, they would have to shut it down.

r.

PS: Oooooops, did just find Feb. No big Whoooop ! :o

Yaaaay!!!! Glad you decided to take the plunge and do them both! (I wish I could get away for 2 weeks, but.... Not gonna happen!)

Will be great to see you again!

Hi everyone:

Jim and Alan from Endwell, NY. We were on the the 2008 and 09 RSVP Caribbean cruises but missed last years. We have just booked for The Exotic Caribbean cruise for Feb. 2011 and are delighted to be returning. This year we have talked a good friend of ours to join us so we'll be rooming together. (Upper verandah SS 6088, I believe.) Looking forward to seeing one and all, renewing and meeting new friends.

Peter, looking forward to seeing you and Rich, again. We have that lovely picture you took of us at the lime green party. Spent a weekend in NYC a few weeks back; saw the new production of Hamlet at the Met and The Temperamentals and Next Fall. All in all, a great theatre weekend.:D

Hope everyone is well and again, looking forward to seeing you in February.

Hi guys ,

Nice to see some old friends postig again

Alan and Victor here, we're booked for next year as well with a major upgrade . although we loved our cabin 10043 ( i would recommend this cabin to anyone because of the proximity to everything ) on the past RSVP feb 2010 cruise , below the cabanas and the nude sun bathing area... very entertaining but we decided to have a private balcony and more space this time around ..

We truly enjoyed the maturity of this past cruise.. but to be honest we lacked the entertainment of the night parties. The music sucked on the back deck and how much church lady can you take in one week. So we're booked on the Allure as well . Thanks Yuri for the ideal ! party the week before and then relax the week after.

So a 20th and 25th annifversary cruise it should be a blast well until July when the second deposit is due on both cruise Yikes ...

I hope RSVP shakes the entertainment up .

PS : we're looking for a good gay accomodation in FLL any suggestions

Alan and Victor

Hi everyone:

Peter, looking forward to seeing you and Rich, again. We have that lovely picture you took of us at the lime green party. Spent a weekend in NYC a few weeks back; saw the new production of Hamlet at the Met and The Temperamentals and Next Fall. All in all, a great theatre weekend.:D

Sorry to disappoint you, however, Peter and Richard will not be joining us in February. Peter indicated he had some prior travel commitments.

Unfortunately we won't be on the Caribbean cruise (unless one of us wins Lotto and we can retire early!).

You should have contacted us... could always have had a pre-show drink at least. We saw The Temperamentals recently and Next Fall we see on Thursday.

Sorry to disappoint you, however, Peter and Richard will not be joining us in February. Peter indicated he had some prior travel commitments.

The RSVP Hawaii cruise is one ;) And a trip back home to South Africa was going to happen over Christmas and New Years but may now happen in February or March. But if we win Lotto...

Archived