RSVP 2011 Nieuw Amsterdam Roman Empire

jimnbillnpa

I tried looking for air,... but I found nothing available at this time. But I did notice that Air Canada had good rates for this year atleast.

Great! It's a start! We have a lot of air miles, but had hoped to use them for other trips, we'll have to see.

I wish we could have done this trip, but the timing was bad for us...

Summer would not be the ideal time for me to get away, but since it's an RSVP, we decided to bite the bullet. We may still look at Atlantis-they offer 10-day, but I've always wanted to do a bit of Spain, so we're going to add a few days at one end.

I wish we could have done this trip, but the timing was bad for us...

Summer would not be the ideal time for me to get away, but since it's an RSVP, we decided to bite the bullet. We may still look at Atlantis-they offer 10-day, but I've always wanted to do a bit of Spain, so we're going to add a few days at one end.

Yeah I totally wouldn't have planned this trip on my own..

I wanted to do this type of trip in the fall and not summer, but because it was an RSVP trip I bit the bullet too..

I have enjoyed my last 2 cruises so much because of everyone on board that this was the perfect oppertunity to do Italy !!!

I haven't gone looking again for air again yet.. but will post if I find anything good.. :cool:

Hey, I'm curious-- how do you get the nautical-cities shots of your past trips onto your responses? (As you can see, I'm new on this site and computer-challenged...)

google "nautical cities"-cruise critic also offers some nice tickers, go to the User Control Panel (User CP in the upper bar)

Yeah I totally wouldn't have planned this trip on my own..

I wanted to do this type of trip in the fall and not summer, but because it was an RSVP trip I bit the bullet too..

I have enjoyed my last 2 cruises so much because of everyone on board that this was the perfect oppertunity to do Italy !!!

I haven't gone looking again for air again yet.. but will post if I find anything good.. :cool:

Thanks Eddie-I've been looking at hotels, b&bs also

• 3 weeks later...

My partner and I went on the Atlantis Solstice Cruise in March (our first gay charter) and had such a good time that I booked the Atlantis 20th Anniversary Cruise on the Allure as soon as we got home.

Now I'm reading here and think I should cancel the Allure and book this cruise instead. Partner really wants to try out the Allure, but we live in Florida so the Caribbean in February doesn't hold as much interest for us as it might someone from colder climate.

Plus we are not huge partiers (those days are long gone for me and he never was one!), so I'm thinking we may be better suited for RSVP (although I guess I'll miss the antics of Miss Richfield, one of the funniest performers I've seen on the high seas).

What do you think? Cancel Allure and book Nieuw Amsterdam? Keep it as is? Doing both is out of the question with our schedules and budgetary constraints.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

-Mark

If you can't do both, then do the one that appeals to you the most. That sounds like the summer trip with RSVP. It will be a great time too. RSVP may be a bit less of a party than Atlantis, but not enough for the average person to notice. Paul J. WIlliams and his characters are right up there with Miss Richfield. My partner and I love them both.

Although I am not booked on the RSVP cruise....I will suggest taking the RSVP cruise over Allure. If it wasnt for the fact that I have been to the RSVP ports...I'd be booked.

I took the last RSVP cruise in the Med and it was superb. The ports of call are fantastic and doing them on a gay charter is a remarkable experience.

The Allure will always be there. And....the Allure will be just one big party. The Nieuw Amsteradm will be a party, a culture experience, historical sights, european eye candy as well as chances to dine on international foods.

I have been on Atlantis at least 10 times and found their smaller ships better...the Allure....to much too much too much. The RSVP cruises...numbering at least 10 are so much more diversified in their options. Go to the Med.

PS......I will do more Atlantis cruises...but only on small ships like the Asia cruise which was wonderful.

Best wishes in your decision.

So I booked the back of the boat.

First timer for Europe.....and another thing I can scratch off my bucket list.......really looking forward to this one.

Glad to hear we got more people !!! Welcome... It is going to be a great trip !!! This is my first time to Europe as well.. ITALY WATCH OUT !!!

My partner and I went on the Atlantis Solstice Cruise in March (our first gay charter) and had such a good time that I booked the Atlantis 20th Anniversary Cruise on the Allure as soon as we got home.

Now I'm reading here and think I should cancel the Allure and book this cruise instead. Partner really wants to try out the Allure, but we live in Florida so the Caribbean in February doesn't hold as much interest for us as it might someone from colder climate.

Plus we are not huge partiers (those days are long gone for me and he never was one!), so I'm thinking we may be better suited for RSVP (although I guess I'll miss the antics of Miss Richfield, one of the funniest performers I've seen on the high seas).

What do you think? Cancel Allure and book Nieuw Amsterdam? Keep it as is? Doing both is out of the question with our schedules and budgetary constraints.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

-Mark

Hey Mark,

Here are my 2cents for what it is worth...I have been on 2 RSVP Trips and have had a ball. But the big thing is the comment you made about being in Florida and the Caribbean not holding much interest.. I was going to do the RSVP 2011 Caribbean until I saw this one. I can do the Caribbean any year with either RSVP or Atlantis. This feels like more of a limited opportunity to me, that's why I chose this one.

Either way I know you will have a blast... :D

Smooches, Eddie

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We just told our TA to book for this one. oh boy! 365 days of expectation.

Congrats Mikelo and Welcome !!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone is having a great summer so far I have been running around thinking.. "OMG 1 year until Italy" all month..

I looked around for flights but they haven't opened up past like the 7th, so in a few days we should be seeing airfare hopefully.

I will keep up to date an what I find in airfare..

Kisses to all

Eddie

this does look interesting... I am looking out for a holiday in summer for me and my partner... just can't look up the details in work :D

Sitges is nice and will be high season too. It makes all the difference there, it's very quiet out of season.

Haven't posted much at all. Guess the summer ties us up between Harrisburg and Rehoboth. Never-the-less, it is great to see more interest in this cruise. We booked before we got off Eurodam this past February. Spain has always been on the travel list and this cruise cemented our resolve to go. Look forward to seeing more posts as everyone starts planning. In the meantime, we have RSVP Hawaii to look forward to in a couple months. We be posting back in this forum once that one is over.

Eddie-good to see you're on this one!!

Haven't posted much at all. Guess the summer ties us up between Harrisburg and Rehoboth. Never-the-less, it is great to see more interest in this cruise. We booked before we got off Eurodam this past February. Spain has always been on the travel list and this cruise cemented our resolve to go. Look forward to seeing more posts as everyone starts planning. In the meantime, we have RSVP Hawaii to look forward to in a couple months. We be posting back in this forum once that one is over.

Eddie-good to see you're on this one!!

Hey guys, thanks.. it will be a blast.. have fun in Hawaii... :D

Kisses,

Eddie

Looks like we'll be signing up for this one. The timing is good, the ports look interesting/different (to us, at least), and we like RSVP.

Question: any suggestion on the best way to book? Any difference going through a TA vs. RSVP direct? We won't need air or hotel add-ons, any other reason to go one way or the other?

Looks like we'll be signing up for this one. The timing is good, the ports look interesting/different (to us, at least), and we like RSVP.

Question: any suggestion on the best way to book? Any difference going through a TA vs. RSVP direct? We won't need air or hotel add-ons, any other reason to go one way or the other?

I don't really see any difference one way or another. the only reasons we use our Travel Agent are:

1 We like them

2 They were able to find us a sold out category last year

3 They offer additional tours and events for their customers

Hey Guys,

Hope all is well with everyone.. I have noticed that the airfare options for July 2011 are opening up and I have started pricing fares.

Im getting an average of about $1350 flying out of Boston

Now I have gone to England once and I remember paying much less than that..

What is the thing to do when booking overseas... Book right away or wait?

Does anyone know if the prices drop?

Hey Guys,

Hope all is well with everyone.. I have noticed that the airfare options for July 2011 are opening up and I have started pricing fares.

Im getting an average of about $1350 flying out of Boston

Now I have gone to England once and I remember paying much less than that..

What is the thing to do when booking overseas... Book right away or wait?

Does anyone know if the prices drop?

We will wait. hopefully they will drop sometime (wishful thinking) the problem is that the trip is in the middle of summer so the prices are at their highest. I will keep on checking prices every week for a few months to see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I have booked this cruise. We are very excited about the itinerary and are looking forward to making new friends. This will be our third RSVP cruise. We'll probably fly to Barcelona a few days early to sight see and to recover from jet lag before the cruise.

Archived