RSVP 2011 Nieuw Amsterdam Roman Empire

jimnbillnpa

I just returned from the Atlantis Venice/Athens via Istanbul cruise (my 6th outing with Atlantis). It was great and my first Med cruise proved to be addictive. ;)

This July '11 RSVP cruise is very appealing - both for its time-of-year and itinerary. I've done a little research on the Nieuw Amsterdam and she looks impressive (it will be hard to beat the Equinox, however). Has anyone sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam yet? Any reviews? I'm undecided as to cabin category, but definitely want a veranda. Suggestions?

Just may see you next July, fellows. :)

Gary

San Francisco

I could not find information about this cruise at the RSVP website. Am I missing something or is there a reason why it isn't listed?

Can somebody send me the web page for this trip?

I am RSVP alum (3 prior cruises), maybe I should just call them? I'm booked on the 25th Anniversary cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam in Februrary.

Thank you for your help.

Hobie.

I could not find information about this cruise at the RSVP website. Am I missing something or is there a reason why it isn't listed?

I am RSVP alum (3 prior cruises), maybe I should just call them? I'm booked on the 25th Anniversary cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam in Februrary.

Thank you for your help.

Hobie.

This trip is not yet listed on RSVP's site, but if you call I am sure they will book you. Information is available however on some travel agent's sites. email me if you need the link mikelo at operamail dot com.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Abord MontereyJim, Glad to have ya on with the rest of us !!

I'm SOOOOO excited!

I just booked for this awesome trip, I'm sailing with Tamaracboy again.

Just about 10.5 months, and an intervening cruise to Mexico/Honduras to go!

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!:p

Wooo Hooooo Welcome Aboard... I Can't Wait for this trip !!!!!!!

I just returned from the Atlantis Venice/Athens via Istanbul cruise (my 6th outing with Atlantis). It was great and my first Med cruise proved to be addictive. ;)

This July '11 RSVP cruise is very appealing - both for its time-of-year and itinerary. I've done a little research on the Nieuw Amsterdam and she looks impressive (it will be hard to beat the Equinox, however). Has anyone sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam yet? Any reviews? I'm undecided as to cabin category, but definitely want a veranda. Suggestions?

Just may see you next July, fellows. :)

Gary

San Francisco

Hey Gary.. I went on Holland America's Ziderdamn and the Eurodamn and from what I have seen they are the same basic size shape and set up as the Niew Amsterdamn... Both of those trips I went on I was on Main Deck. So I can't be much help other then that.

Thank you for your help.

Hobie.

As Mikelo said you can call RSVP they have the info, I got the info for this trip having been on the Feb cruise earlier this year. It was in the flyer the passed out.

Kisses to all... Eddie

• 1 month later...

Well.. summer is over and Fall is here... Planning this trip for July and wondering how everyone is doing with Air Fare..

I have been searching flights into Paris, Venice, Amsterdam, Munich and Iceland.. They are running about $1350 roundtrip from Boston (give or take $100) How is everyone else making out?

Anyone book anything. I am still trying to decide if I should wait some or book now.. Thoughts???

Well.. summer is over and Fall is here... Planning this trip for July and wondering how everyone is doing with Air Fare..

I have been searching flights into Paris, Venice, Amsterdam, Munich and Iceland.. They are running about $1350 roundtrip from Boston (give or take $100) How is everyone else making out?

Anyone book anything. I am still trying to decide if I should wait some or book now.. Thoughts???

I have been doing some Reading on airfare hunting and I think we are going to wait until the trip is closer.

try this site: "reidsguides.com/t_pl/t_pl_s_airfare.html" they have good suggestions,

I have been doing some Reading on airfare hunting and I think we are going to wait until the trip is closer.

try this site: "reidsguides.com/t_pl/t_pl_s_airfare.html" they have good suggestions,

I haven't visited your recommended site, yet, but definitely will wait until early in 2011 to book airfare (unless I can use miles to upgrade which might mean an earlier booking).

I'm planning to book the cruise by the end of October (still waiting to see what Atlantis is planning for 2011 and it's supposed to be announced in the next week or so). If I choose this RSVP cruise, I'm thinking of pre-cruise days in Madrid and taking the bullet train to Barcelona to board the ship; then post-cruise days in Barcelona. It's been a while since I've stayed in either of those Spanish cities and I'm looking forward to it.

Happy cruising, guys. :)

Thanks Mikelo.. I am so going to check that out... I am also planning on hitting up AAA and seeing what they can piece together too because I am heading there a week before the cruise and basicly free to go to any country prior to hitting Barcelona...

Will keep in touch with any new developments.. This is gonna be a great trip !!!!!:D

Hey Eddie!

Hey fellow cruisers and newbies!

Glad to see this thread keeps popping up on the first page of the gay/lesbian cruise board!

Sincerely hope those airfares you saw, Eddie, come down a bit. We'll soon be looking. AAA is a great idea.

Haven't given this trip a lot of thought. Been crazy here with work, parents birthdays (90 + 88) Anniversary surprise party (65 years), gallery is jumping, cousins surprise visit from UK and still haven't finished boarding paperwork and excursions for Hawaii (NEXT WEEK!!!) Where has the time gone?

Plan to chat with several people next week about flights, accomodations for Spain, Sitges, BCN, etc. Will report back what I find out. I'm sure RSVP will start pushing with a lot more info about Spain on the Hawaii cruise. They'll want that ship close to fully booked by April or May.

This is now a "Roll Call" thread?

This now shows up as a G&L Roll Call.

I just booked the cruise for myself and BF (who will celebrate a birthday onboard). We got our preferred cabin on Deck 7 - Rotterdam Deck. :D Really looking forward to my first RSVP cruise in 15 years and to comparing their offering to their sister company, Atlantis.

I'll have to start checking the G&L Roll Call Board more often, I suppose.

Happy cruising, fellows. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Hawaii is behind us, time to focus on Barcelona. But not before I say that the RSVP Hawaii cruise was fantastic, good friends, everyday something new and amazing. And, surprisingly, NCL stepped up. Not HAL by any stretch, but they get an "A" for effort.

That said, time to think this whole thing through. Eddie-we may have a change of plans. Looks like we will go to the UK first to visit family. My last surviving aunt is slowing down and we decided that we need to make the effort. Then take Eurostar from London to Paris, with a night or two. Then overnight train to Barcelona for the cruise, still possibly doing a day in Sitges. Crazy? Yes. Expensive? Yes. Impossible? No. Time to start planning.

This is NOT a Roll Call Thread, but one devoted to general topics on the upcoming July 2011 RSVP Med Barcelona/Barcelona Med cruise. Let's use this Thread to discuss ports/excursions, pre-and post-cruise ideas (hotel recommendations?), general topics related to the cruise (parties, entertainers, etc.) and the ship. So, let's chat.

Eventually, someone can do a Roll Call and that can be posted appropriately.

BF and I are booked and got our first choice of cabin. :eek: It's my first time on RSVP since '96 and I'm looking forward to comparing this experience to the more recent ones I've had with Atlantis. We're really looking forward to mid-July in the Med. BF will celebrate a birthday on the first night out, so look for sparklers and poping corks in the Manhattan Dining Room!!!! ;)

The roll call has existed for a while: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1147577

That is usually where all the topics you mention are discussed, otherwise what would the roll call be about?. ;)

I presumed a Roll Call was a "who's going on this cruise?" Thread and the conversations related to that. If not, what's all the hoopla on CC between a Roll Call and a non-Roll Call Thread? Does it depend on whether it's a specifically identified cruise vs. a general topic like "Solo Cruising"? The term "Roll Call" doesn't seem to imply that to me.

If my Thread is, indeed, a Roll Call type it can be merged with the existing Thread for this cruise - no harm, no foul.

Hi people,

Great to see that RSVP is coming to Europe! As we live in the Netherlands:D

Hawaii was to far away for us for just a week but Barcelona is perfect!

Barcelona is a great gayfriendly city, nice beaches and also nearby Sitges is a good place to stay a few days.

Because this time we don't have to cross the pond we might get some more Dutch friends interested.

As for cheap flights. From inside Europe there are many budget flights to Barcelona (starting from London or Amsterdam). For example you can book a round trip from Amsterdam to Barcelona for about 100 euro's at Easyjet com. That might be cheaper from the USA than a direct flight to Barcelona.

Anyone knows if Atlantis will also offer a European cruise summer 2011?

Take care you all,

Jochem

Gary, CC recently split out the cruise-specific threads into a G&L Roll Call board .The Roll Call/specific cruise threads tended to drown out general discussions.

Hi all, great RSVP is coming to Europe, now this time we don't have to cross the big water :D

I am confused where this cruise is going to be discussed. I also posted something at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1147695&page=5 is that the wrong place?

That thread is headed under Gay & Lesbian Cruisers > G&L Roll Calls

but it is not just a 'name list who is going' so where should I go :confused::confused::confused:

Jochem

What is this I read...BF ???????:eek:

Who what where and when???????:confused:

Its not nice to hold out such information from your fan club!:(

Ya better fess up via e-mail or else:mad:

Yes, Tom, there is a Santa Claus. ;) BF and I have been dating now for about 18 months...getting more and more serious over that time. Not yet ready to move in together or change our estate plans, but.... He's a cute guy originally from NOLA with 2 years in Paris and 20+ in Boston before moving to SF. Wonders never cease. :eek:

Hop on this cruise in July and you'll meet him.

Looks as if this Thread may be merged or moved to the G&L Roll Call area. If that's the case, I'd just as soon CC made the Roll Call the primary G&L posting area and move the more general topics to a "sub" category link. But, that's just my 2 cents!

Hello all. Booked in this week! Now to figure out flights/fares. Sometimes RSVP and Atlantis offer special discount promotional rates associated with specific cruises via American Airlines. Have not seen that pop up as of yet.

Mark

Hi people,

Anyone knows if Atlantis will also offer a European cruise summer 2011?

Take care you all,

Jochem

Yes they do!

1 Aug Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 5pm

2 Aug Florence (La Spezia), Italy 8am 9pm

3 Aug Monte Carlo, Monaco 8am 6pm

4 Aug Barcelona, Spain 10am overnight

5 Aug Barcelona, Spain 3am

Ibiza, Spain 1pm overnight

6 Aug Ibiza, Spain 7am

7 Aug Tunis, Tunisia 9am 3pm

8 Aug Naples, Italy 9am 7pm

9 Aug Ajaccio, France 11:30am 5:30pm

10 Aug Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 7am

Yes they do!

1 Aug Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 5pm

2 Aug Florence (La Spezia), Italy 8am 9pm

3 Aug Monte Carlo, Monaco 8am 6pm

4 Aug Barcelona, Spain 10am overnight

5 Aug Barcelona, Spain 3am

Ibiza, Spain 1pm overnight

6 Aug Ibiza, Spain 7am

7 Aug Tunis, Tunisia 9am 3pm

8 Aug Naples, Italy 9am 7pm

9 Aug Ajaccio, France 11:30am 5:30pm

10 Aug Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 7am

Mmm that one also looks great. It is not on the Atlantis website. Is it on sale yet? I wonder what the fares are for this one.

Archived