RSVP 2011 Nieuw Amsterdam Roman Empire

jimnbillnpa

On Eurodam, was there any talk about additional cruises being added to the 2011 line up?

Since the Feb cruise itinerary did not interest me, and I was down in the dumps while you were all having a fabulous time on Eurodam, I booked the Nieuw Amsterdam for Jan 9th. The price was half that of RSVP and I could do the eastern Caribbean. I figured I would have the option to book the summer cruise if the budget allows. However the summer cruise provides only one new port ...Tunisia. The balance of the itinerary hits ports that RSVP has already taken me to. So I am hoping for something to be added to the 2011 schedule....any info to share?

On Eurodam, was there any talk about additional cruises being added to the 2011 line up?

Since the Feb cruise itinerary did not interest me, and I was down in the dumps while you were all having a fabulous time on Eurodam, I booked the Nieuw Amsterdam for Jan 9th. The price was half that of RSVP and I could do the eastern Caribbean.

RMS - I don't know about you, but I really resent the premiums that both Atlantis and RSVP are charging for the Caribbean lately. Next month's Solstice cruise is exactly double what X charges. Added to that, I am finding more and more family on regular cruises. I am past the point where I want to stay up 'partying' all night with the boys. Hawaii looks like a good deal until you add the airfare and flying time. I guess I'm just getting too old for all of this.

I must give RSVP their praise...the product and environment they provide cannot be matched.

The discounting of the cruise lines works against these charters......the charters while holding their costs......look worse as the lines discount the regular fares. We as consumers do not know what the lines charge the charter companies.....taking over a regularly scheduled run must enable the lines to dictate what they charge.

In my case...I will pay the big bucks for a specific ship or more importantly a special itinerary. But having done as many cruises as I have (very fortunate), paying double to go on a ship already traveld on an itinerary I done.....makes me think twice.

I love RSVP....and look forward to the Hawaii cruise. Itys a new ship, a much anticipated itinerary.

So fro special trips....I will pay the extra for RSVP. For the same old same old......my budget will dictate. Traveling single.....and paying double.....does make me think twice.

Will I put RSVP down.....no. Its a great company with great staff that do a fantastic job. Will I book them in the future...yes.....but only when its something new.

For those that have not sailed as many gay charters as I have....I would always recommend them.

Happy sailing to you.

Tom

As for parties all night...I didn't stay up late when I was young....now a crusty old B----, I miss the party atmosphere after 11:30- midnight. I am always amazed seeing the DVD's of my cruise and all that I missed. But as I am an early to bed early to rise person...it works for me.

Bless those on Atlantis that I pass in the morning as I head to the gym at 6AM and pass them in the passageway as they retire after dancing all night. I need their vitamins!

I must give RSVP their praise...the product and environment they provide cannot be matched.

The discounting of the cruise lines works against these charters......the charters while holding their costs......look worse as the lines discount the regular fares. We as consumers do not know what the lines charge the charter companies.....taking over a regularly scheduled run must enable the lines to dictate what they charge.

In my case...I will pay the big bucks for a specific ship or more importantly a special itinerary. But having done as many cruises as I have (very fortunate), paying double to go on a ship already traveld on an itinerary I done.....makes me think twice.

I love RSVP....and look forward to the Hawaii cruise. Itys a new ship, a much anticipated itinerary.

So fro special trips....I will pay the extra for RSVP. For the same old same old......my budget will dictate. Traveling single.....and paying double.....does make me think twice.

Will I put RSVP down.....no. Its a great company with great staff that do a fantastic job. Will I book them in the future...yes.....but only when its something new.

For those that have not sailed as many gay charters as I have....I would always recommend them.

Happy sailing to you.

Tom

Couldn't agree more. We have passed over the RSVP Caribbean 2011, in lieu of the RSVP July 2011 Roman Empire crusie.

Roman Empire.......

I am waiting to see the pricing....may considerate if the budget allows.....

The only issue is the return flights out of Barcelona.......seem to be too early to connect after disembarkation. Will do some more research, but need to see what the cruise would cost.

RMS - I don't know about you, but I really resent the premiums that both Atlantis and RSVP are charging for the Caribbean lately. Next month's Solstice cruise is exactly double what X charges. Added to that, I am finding more and more family on regular cruises. I am past the point where I want to stay up 'partying' all night with the boys. Hawaii looks like a good deal until you add the airfare and flying time. I guess I'm just getting too old for all of this.

My significant other and I didn't come close to partying all night on either of our RSVP cruises, but at this point in my life I still think I'd rather do 1 gay charter cruise per year than 2 or 3 non-charters. Granted, that as society becomes more accepting- all-gay charters may not be as popular. But for now- I like being amongst a big group of like-minded people, and know that I'm not going to have to give any homophobic boneheads (who might make a rude comment if I kiss my significant other in public) a piece of my mind.

Of course, this is my opinion now. In a few years, I might feel differently.

That is a discussion that will go on for ever.

I still like a gay charter......there is more life and fun on board. I do not stay up late and do not make use of the late night parties. Pricing....well it comes down to ones budget....what ar you willing to pay.

Just look at the guys that book suites....big bucks. Yet how much time is spent in the cabin? On a non charter...prehaps time in a suite would be worth the premium...but on a gay cruise...the last thing I want to do is spend anytime in the cabin. Me, even if I had big bucks...I would not book a suite for a 7 day voyage. But to each his or her own.

As a result I have booked Nieuw Amsterdam for Jan 9th.....half the price of the RSVP charter, but more importantly a better route (eastern caribbean).

Will I choose the European cruise......didnt think so, but now may give it a thought. Hawaii....booked, paid for, air purchased, precruise hotel purchased. Itinerary trumps the price.......and I have met some of the nice guys that will be on board. Money well spent.

Nuff of my soap box.

In the end....whether I am too old or not a night owl...I still prefer a gay cruise.....fwere people bitching as compared to the mainstream cruises.

I can tell you that RSVP med cruises have been the best of their overall line up. I think what makes them so special is the touring with family. It is soooo much more fun than doing similar tours in a straight environment. I had no plans to do the Roman Empire.......but will lookat the budget.

Note: if you have never been to Rome........its fantastic, beautiful, and the eye candy was superb. Oh, and the gelato......have some while looking at the Trevi Fountain.......heaven.

Shoot, I just maybe talking myself into it......been there done that....maybe need to do it again.

As for parties all night...I didn't stay up late when I was young....now a crusty old B----, I miss the party atmosphere after 11:30- midnight. I am always amazed seeing the DVD's of my cruise and all that I missed. But as I am an early to bed early to rise person...it works for me.

Bless those on Atlantis that I pass in the morning as I head to the gym at 6AM and pass them in the passageway as they retire after dancing all night. I need their vitamins!

...um....I don't think it's "vitamins..."

:D

Just sayin'....

You get what you pay for.

Both Atlantis & RSVP offer a great product, with amazing entertainment...

It doesn't come cheap, tho....

We try to do a gay charter about every 2-3 years, and we always have an amazing time!

If they have to start discounting, the product will suffer.

Nick at RSVP was kind enough to e-mail me the pricing on the Med cruise....I was surprised...the prices were reasonable. In fact they are less than the Italy cruise they did a couple of years ago...a trip I truly loved.

So for tis cruise...I think the price is reasonable.....just wish the ports were a bit different.

Spartan........ya mean if I start a daily regiment of one a day vitamins.....I will still retire before midnight???????? GNC Mega Men maybe??????? Or Flintstone chewables???????

Sigh.

When I started this damn cruise addiction....kids were a rare sight on ships. Now they are everywhere. Kids are kids...its the parents that seem to forget their responsibility.

On the Crown Princess in december I experienced a first.....and announcement from the Captain over the PA system. Before leaving the pier...he announced....

We have a substantial number of children on this voyage. I want to remind parents they and they alone are responsible for the behavior of thier childern. My crew is not. Parents who decide to go on vacation from their parenting will be asked to leave the ship should their children disrupt others vacation.

I was sooo impressed.

To me Royal Caribbean is just the opposite....kids rule. I now see some of their advertiements saying...the family cruise line. With their facilities and lower pricing, I have to believe this will eat into the Disney business. Now if Disney would only design an adult only ship...just like some of their adult oriented sections of their theme parks.

Now to consider this Med cruise.......but will the 20- 30 year old children take over the ship...thrashing in the pool wearing their skimpy speedos:cool:....now where did I put that RSVP info for the cruise.....:o

ule. I now see some of their advertiements saying...the family cruise line. With their facilities and lower pricing, I have to believe this will eat into the Disney business. Now if Disney would only design an adult only ship...just like some of their adult oriented sections of their theme parks.

I have read that Disney ships have whole sections that are adult only and one can get around without being overrun by kids.

Well we have never been across the pond but my other half insists we go on this trip. It sounds like a few of you have went with RSVP to Europe. Please help me!!!!! I just guess I need some convincing!! I am being serious and worry about the long flight and sticking out in Europe as a dumb american.

Archived