Recent Blu "flexi" diners

Ltvscout

Regarding the flexi dining in Blu. In our AQ booking, do we need to choose a traditional time for dining in order get flexi dining privileges in Blu, or do we choose Select dining?

For flexi dining, do we have to make reservations? Some days we'll want to eat early and other days late, depending on the port activities and how much balcony partying we do with our friends before dinner. We'd like to be able to go eat whenever.

Blu is all flexible dining, just walk in. If you want to avoid a line don't go on the hour or half hour.

Thanks, that answers that part of my question. What about how to book our dining in our res? Do I want to choose Traditional or Select to insure we're seated in Blu and not the MDR?

Thanks, that answers that part of my question. What about how to book our dining in our res? Do I want to choose Traditional or Select to insure we're seated in Blu and not the MDR?

Choose "traditional" and if the web page still asks for a time slot pick your preferred. During our 1/31 Solstice cruise the time selection was only used the first night per a request letter left in our cabin. The rest of the week was all open seating. Not sure why they requested that passengers dine within their original time selection other than to avoid an early first night rush.

Do not choose Select, I know it sounds screwy but if you do they will put you in Select Dining in the Main Dining Room...

I've booked late dining for Blu on Equinox in May. We are a family party of eight all travelling in AQ.

As a family we want to eat together each night.

How do we ensure we always get a table for 8 if it is always open dining?

You tell them the night before what time you expect to be there for the next evening....or if you plan on eating at same time each evening tell them that on first night. We had table for 8 across from us all nights we were in Blu and we ate around 7ish each night. They never waited, and neither did we. I never saw any "long lines" as one poster has mentioned. It IS busier early in the evening.

Oh and everyone who said to select traditional dining on your reservation is correct if you select "Select Dining" you will be eating in the main dining room.....

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm assuming getting a table for four should not be an issue?

Not at all. I noticed during our time in Blu that if they needed a table for 4, 6, 8 they just moved the tables for two together to make whatever they needed. This worked really well when they grouped a row of tables together that started at a window. They could make a "table" for as many as 8 with this configuration.

Sorry I might be confused still, but we are sailing in mid March to East Carrib and are in Aquaclass and have selected the later seating for dining in Blu. Is the seating "whenever" all of the time, or the two "seating" times used? These boards have been very helpful. This is only our second cruise and are looking forward to it to get away from all of this terrible weather!!!!!

Sorry I might be confused still, but we are sailing in mid March to East Carrib and are in Aquaclass and have selected the later seating for dining in Blu. Is the seating "whenever" all of the time, or the two "seating" times used? These boards have been very helpful. This is only our second cruise and are looking forward to it to get away from all of this terrible weather!!!!!

You will receive a letter in your room at embarkation explaining the "flexi-dining" in Blu. It will tell you they have a table waitiing for you that night around the normal late seating time, but that if that is not convenient for you to stop by or call them and tell them when you would like to come in, or just arrive when you want to. If you want to eat at the traditional later time each night you can do that. But if you want to eat earlier you can do that too. There are no "set" times in Blu anymore. Enjoy....:)

I've booked late dining for Blu on Equinox in May. We are a family party of eight all travelling in AQ.

As a family we want to eat together each night.

How do we ensure we always get a table for 8 if it is always open dining?

i would take a walk to Blu when you board the ship and see if the Maitre'd is there. As a courtesy it might be more helpful to him and you to know a party of eight will be coming...

Archived