Vista-class dining

heyabbott

On the newer ships, what's the general breakdown of Main dining v. Lido dining for dinner? Do most pax eat in the Main dining room? 50/50?

Just wondering because we don't want to be rude to our main dining room tablemates but being on our 1st cruise we want to sample everything, as best we can.

When it's a formal dinner, is it also formal in the Pinnacle Grill? Would that be a good night to dine there?

So excited:D

On the newer ships, what's the general breakdown of Main dining v. Lido dining for dinner? Do most pax eat in the Main dining room? 50/50?

Just wondering because we don't want to be rude to our main dining room tablemates but being on our 1st cruise we want to sample everything, as best we can.

When it's a formal dinner, is it also formal in the Pinnacle Grill? Would that be a good night to dine there?

So excited:D

On the Maasdam the majority of people ate in the dining room, but there was a sizable number in the Lido also. It's very considerate of you to think of your tablemates, but I think I speak for most people here when I say "it's your vacation, dine where you want". There were two or three nights (out of ten) that we didn't eat in the dining room. And there was another night that DW and I were the only people at our table for six.

The dress code in the Pinnacle is the same as the rest of the ship, so formal night would be formal everywhere.

We ate at the BBQ one night, Pinnacle one night and in the dining room the other nights. One couple at our table ate in the Pinnacle twice and the other couple once - we were not all there the same night, so it seemed there was always someone missing. I think the only time we were altogether was the first and last nights.

It is very considerate of you to think of your tablemates, but it is your vacation and you should eat where you want. Each of us told the other at the table, the nights we would not be there.

I guess I'm unusual ... the ONLY times I haven't eaten in the main dining room has been when I've eaten in the Pinnacle grill. Even nights with a BBQ, we've always tasted at the BBW and then gone to dinner in the main dining room try some dishes there too. In my thinking, the Lido is for Breakfast, Lunch, and snacks ... although I understand that some eat dinner there too.

Isn't the food in the Lido for dinner just a shortened version of the Main dining menu, in a more casual atmosphere? My point is, the food there for dinner is not different (well, I think they do offer pizza). Now, breakfast and lunch, that's very different from the main room. However, I haven't been on the Vista class yet...was referring to the Statendam/Rotterdam classes.

Quite honestly we've never considered eating dinner in the Lido Cafe on any of our HAL cruises. Like the RevNeal we've only gone to the Lido for breakfast and lunch. Last March on the Oosterdam we ate dinner in the main dining room every night except one and that was when we were in Cozumel until nearly midnight and ate in Senior Frogs on shore. We had planned to try the Pinnacle but enjoyed our table mates so much it never happened. We were only on a 7 night cruise and it seemed like the cruise was over way too soon. Formal night for the main dining room is also formal night in the Pinnacle and though we haven't tried it I would think that would be a great night.

http://photos.yahoo.com/randyk_47

Having eaten in the Lido and the Main Dining Room I find a vast majority of the people eat in the main dining room. I do go to the lido when I find my sugars a little out of wack. I find that I eat too much bread--HAL's bread is teriffic-- between courses in the main dining room and this tends to shoot the sugars up.

Himself

Archived