Just Got The Upsell Call...Not that Great

mr jailerman

Hi All,

Well, I just hung up from the Upsell Dept @ Carnival.. They were wanting me to upsell from my Ocean Suite (The old Cat 11:rolleyes::D) to a Gran Suite(Cat 12) During my Splendor Cruise on Easter week.. They only wanted to shave $150.00pp off of the past guest rate:rolleyes:.. So, a WAAAAY Overpriced GS that was $4100.00 is now only $3800.00:D.. I was never in such a hurry to hang up from the upsell Dept LOL ! Needless to say, I said no.. And for the record I had booked my OS a good while ago and paid Nothing like they wanted for this GREAT UPSELL:rolleyes::).. Just thought I would share that fine story with you guys..So, it seems even the upsells are now offering less of a discount as well.. OH WELL, I am Happy with what I booked and hope your great folks are to.. Have a good one..

Thats been my impression for a while on upsells, that they sure arent what they used to be!!!

The deals are fewer and farther between, glad you were able to figure out the math that it wasnt that good of a deal. I think some people just assume it must be a good deal and jump in before they think.

My upsell is to move from a side balcony on empress level to an aft balcony same deck for 400.00 more.

Nope- cant do it. (thats why I am stuck with a side one) that is what it cost back when I booked it over 18 months ago.

All but 2 cabins are still available and we sail next week

shocked that all those aft cabins are still available.

I got upgraded to a Cat. 11 suite on the imagination from the bottom deck, aft-most OV cabin for only $310 total... (of course this is only a 3 day cruise) I thought it was a pretty good deal though. I probably wouldn't have done it but my gf was so bummed when she found out we were in that bottom cabin... I still haven't told her I upgraded though, so she is in for a pleasant surprise. :)

Remember the days when they would just upgrade you for free? That really made me feel valued and appreciated as a customer. Now I just book the room I want and call it good.

Taters

I remember them well...since it happened last month.

Carnival upgraded us for free from a 6B on Main to an 8F Balcony....

it was wonderful...

they said it was because we were all Milestone....

It was nice to be appreciated!!

After 17 cruises with the 18th coming up, I just want the opportunity to be offered an upgrade... Not once in all these cruises have we ever gotten a call... I've called to get an upgrade and a couple of times they upgraded us at the Port without telling us (we found out when the baggage handler told us what our cabin # was)... but never once have we gotten "the call"... Even if I say no.............. I JUST WANT TO GET THE CALL!!! lol

Just be happy it wasn't a SUMMER SAILING! :D

it was wonderful...

Linda - that would carry more weight with me from Carnival if they could tell me BEFORE I upgraded myself (what I picked in the first place)! I honestly believe that Carnival should have a BUILT-IN "off the best price" discount for Milestone guests for each sailing. Something as little as 10% would be a nice gesture. Perhaps 15% after 50 sailings... who knows!

Of course, I know I am preaching to the choir - as we both have been fairly vocal regarding suggested improvements to their past guest program (especially Milestones).

Tom

After 17 cruises with the 18th coming up, I just want the opportunity to be offered an upgrade... Not once in all these cruises have we ever gotten a call... I've called to get an upgrade and a couple of times they upgraded us at the Port without telling us (we found out when the baggage handler told us what our cabin # was)... but never once have we gotten "the call"... Even if I say no.............. I JUST WANT TO GET THE CALL!!! lol

Yeah that kinda blows.

You could have had MY CALL:DToday Elaine, Would have only cost you $3800.00 for it ;):D:D ?

it was wonderful...

I can hardly wait to be Milestone too! :D

You could have had MY CALL:DToday Elaine, Would have only cost you $3800.00 for it ;):D:D ?

do you see that "Even if I say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"... lol

3 of us on the Glory Easter sailing April 4-11. Got upsell call to move from our Balcony category 8A to the PRIMO 7228 (huge cabin over 500sq foot with 110ft balcony as it is combo of a OS and a standard balcony cabin) for addl 400 total! Jumped on it as we had REALLY great rate to start with.

I got upgraded to a Cat. 11 suite on the imagination from the bottom deck, aft-most OV cabin for only $310 total... (of course this is only a 3 day cruise) I thought it was a pretty good deal though. I probably wouldn't have done it but my gf was so bummed when she found out we were in that bottom cabin... I still haven't told her I upgraded though, so she is in for a pleasant surprise. :)

I love that you did this! How cool! ;)

I got one of those calls last month on my first cruise. They wanted us to go from a Cat 12 to the owner's suite...for waaaaay more money! Ummmm, no thanks! :rolleyes:

I haven't gotten a "upsell call" but this morning I received a upgrade your current booking email. It's an offer to move from an inside cabin to a window cabin for $40.00 a cabin. Which make no sense to me, cuz when I look on line at the sailing date, I can go to an ocean view for $10 more per person (total) $20.00. I'm thinking that $40 isn't much of a deal.

The email did say "Upgrades are limited" Call (866) 236-6665 EXT. 754 today! to take advantage of this best available upgrade offer. Request fare code CPUG

I haven't made the call.

I love that you did this! How cool!

I got one of those calls last month on my first cruise. They wanted us to go from a Cat 12 to the owner's suite...for waaaaay more money! Ummmm, no thanks!

I also got that Owners Suite up-sell call back in August when I was going on the Carnival Sensation.. They wanted AN EXTRA $300 a Night for that Cabin:eek::rolleyes::D! I sure hope whom ever took it did enjoy it as I passed on that up-sell almost as fast as the $3800.00 Cat 12 Today !:D

I haven't gotten a "upsell call" but this morning I received a upgrade your current booking email. It's an offer to move from an inside cabin to a window cabin for $40.00 a cabin. Which make no sense to me, cuz when I look on line at the sailing date, I can go to an ocean view for $10 more per person (total) $20.00. I'm thinking that $40 isn't much of a deal.

The email did say "Upgrades are limited" Call (866) 236-6665 EXT. 754 today! to take advantage of this best available upgrade offer. Request fare code CPUG

I haven't made the call.

I, too, got an Upsell E-Mail yesterday. Offered an inside to window move for $150. Didn't like what was left of the window rooms (lowest deck)--might have considered it if better rooms were available.

I think Carnival e-mailing "upsell" offers is a more efficient way of getting the word out than calling individuals. Their e-mail even has the verbiage "Upgrade your current stateroom today for only $XXX!" with the e-mail address of "funships@carnivalfunmail.com" so they'll be easy to spot if you're interested.

I am with you Elaine, I just want the opportunity to be offered an upgrade....I am cruising on my 23rd cruise in a week on the Splendor and I have never been called for an upgrade! I would love to pounder the opportunity, at least once!;):D:D

Archived