Beer on Board (especially now)

bulgargirl

I had read earlier that there were several types of bottle beer on board, but nothing on tap.

I was wondering that if that has changed with the addition of the Mix (? did I get that right?) bars? I heard that one area was supposed to be a beer bar area.

I love a good microbrew. And there are some really awesome breweries in the Pacific Northwest. AND - I'm actually really liking some of the cool new microbrews in <gasp> cans. Yes, cans! But I prefer draught beer.

'Course, I can drink ANY kind. I was in college, after all.

Anyone know if the beer menu has changed with this addition?

And can I bring my own beer if it's not commercially available and therefore no threat to competition onboard?

Yes, HAL ships, that have the MIX, have at least four different micro brews on tap. At this point I think it is only the Veendam and Rotterdam. If you can find the blog by "Dutch by Association" and look for the Veendam there is a full menu for the MIX including all wines, beers, and food!!

We know where you are coming from about the draft beer. My husband even considered smuggling on a clear bladder type thingy full of his draft beer. I talked him out of that. I wish the Eurodam was one of the ships with tap beer. Last year on NCL we enjoyed many draft beers and the price was comparable to land beer. A brewtus (22 oz) beer was 5.50 plus tip. We pay that here at home. We were in heaven....until our favorite waiter commented on how we had a "good capacity" for beer. I said to my husband, "time to go"! Looks like cans for us in a few weeks :(

I'm going to be on the Rotterdam, so yay! for good beer.

My boyfriend is opening up a brewery. I just thought it would be nice to bring along some of his IPA or Porter, but not worth it to get in trouble over it.

What would happen if I brought some? Like I said, it's not like it anything I could purchase aboard ship if I wanted to. Can't bring my boyfriend, maybe I could bring his beer????

Dutch by Association -

Thanks for the link. I looked. Glad to see that there are a great deal of options for beer. Bummed that it looks like a distributers list for Imbev. It looks like well over half those beer are owned by the company that formally was Anheiser busch. Which is okay. I'm not a beer snob. I was just hopeful for a few more truly micro choices.

What would happen if I brought some?

Possibly nothing. You would get it aboard, to your cabin, and would be able to enjoy it on the cruise.

Or, possibly it would be confiscated upon boarding, and would be returned to you at the end of the cruise.

Do you really want to risk lugging it all the way to the ship, just to lug it home again? Personally, I'd rather lug shoes.

Possibly nothing. You would get it aboard, to your cabin, and would be able to enjoy it on the cruise.

Or, possibly it would be confiscated upon boarding, and would be returned to you at the end of the cruise.

Do you really want to risk lugging it all the way to the ship, just to lug it home again? Personally, I'd rather lug shoes.

I'd probably rather lug shoes too.

I was just wondering. I know that some cruise lines that don't normally let you bring beer or wine or liquor aboard will let you make arrangements for somethings as long as they don't sell it and you pay a surcharge.

But oh well. It's not like I can't get his beer any other time I want it!

I'm going shopping at the end of my cruise so I'm really planning on having a lot of empty luggage space on the way up!

I will be sailing on the Amsterdam in May, going to Alaska. I had read once before that sometimes there are local beers available onboard. Does that mean that there will be Alaskan beers onboard? I could be mistaken. Where is the beer list online for the Amsterdam?

Personally I do not drink beer, I am more into wine. However, my DH is a homebrewer and he is wanting to know what to expect.

I will be sailing on the Amsterdam in May, going to Alaska. I had read once before that sometimes there are local beers available onboard. Does that mean that there will be Alaskan beers onboard? I could be mistaken. Where is the beer list online for the Amsterdam?

Personally I do not drink beer, I am more into wine. However, my DH is a homebrewer and he is wanting to know what to expect.

In 2007 they had some Alaskan beers on tap on the Amsterdam for teh Alaska cruise. Good stuff.

Archived