Alaska with kids

Jen1000

We will be on the Spirit to Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan in early September. There will be a group of us and anywhere from 1 to 4 kids will be going on the cruise. The ages are 8 to 11, so they are very close in age. None of the kids are timid. What are some good ideas of activities that kids will like. I have no problem renting a car if that will make it easier and better for the kids.

Jen in SoCal

There are 100's of Alaska tours, you need to do your homework, and narrow down the interests. This age group certainly is able to pick their own touring preferences. Give them the shore excursion lists and have them rank what's their priority.

Then look at the budget- another good learning opportunity, for the final selection.

Take some time and read about specific tours on this board, once you have a doable list of several.

I have read thru all of the excursions Carnival offers and most don't sound like they will appeal to the kids. I have looked at several vendor sites as well. I was hoping someone with kids in the same age range had done something their kids loved. I also tried a search and didn't come up with anything yes but I will try that again. I am in the early stages of planning, this cruise was just agreed on and the planning usually falls to me :eek:

Jen in SoCal

There are 100's of Alaska tours, you need to do your homework, and narrow down the interests. This age group certainly is able to pick their own touring preferences. Give them the shore excursion lists and have them rank what's their priority.

Then look at the budget- another good learning opportunity, for the final selection.

Take some time and read about specific tours on this board, once you have a doable list of several.

Archived